+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second exam ,,, Montreal Office

dodiman

Mar 10, 2014
Hello everyone ,
I have a question ,, Me and my wife had the written exam on Feb 03 2014 , I passed the test , but my wife didn't ,we were told at the time if we don't pass the exam we will receive a letter for the second chance within 4 - 8 weeks from that date Feb 03 2014.
now its been more then 10 weeks and we haven't received anything , I called CIC to many times during this time and they kept telling me you have to wait 10 weeks before we can send them an email to remind them to send the letter ???!!!!! , we called today they said they sent an email to the local office , when I asked them what is the reason of the delay they said there is no reason and everything seems to be fine with our application .
we decided not to separate the file and keep as a family application as they give the choice after the exam ( not sure if we did the right thing ).

now my question is that normal ? I mean the agent from the local office when we passed the exam told us you will be waiting 4-8 weeks :'( :'( :'(

anybody have the same situation or heard same story before ? please help ??? don't know what to do now ?

Thanks in advance

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was a lady Dalida she received letter for second test after 15 months, you cold look on previous pages there are some posts.

mycanada_app

Feb 28, 2014
dodiman said:
Hello everyone ,
I have a question ,, Me and my wife had the written exam on Feb 03 2014 , I passed the test , but my wife didn't ,we were told at the time if we don't pass the exam we will receive a letter for the second chance within 4 - 8 weeks from that date Feb 03 2014.
now its been more then 10 weeks and we haven't received anything , I called CIC to many times during this time and they kept telling me you have to wait 10 weeks before we can send them an email to remind them to send the letter ???!!!!! , we called today they said they sent an email to the local office , when I asked them what is the reason of the delay they said there is no reason and everything seems to be fine with our application .
we decided not to separate the file and keep as a family application as they give the choice after the exam ( not sure if we did the right thing ).

now my question is that normal ? I mean the agent from the local office when we passed the exam told us you will be waiting 4-8 weeks :'( :'( :'(

anybody have the same situation or heard same story before ? please help ??? don't know what to do now ?

Thanks in advance

Early the better, best strategy would be taking citizenship whoever passes the exam.....try taking your citizenship first, timelines are too bad and nobody knows when one can get their first citizenship test, and your wife is waiting for second one..........I am not discouraging you here but my two cents.... All the best.