+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second degree in Canada Study Permit Issue

Gosal

Jun 23, 2012
Hello everyone,

I just finished a Masters degree (2 years program) and want to start another graduate degree in September 2015. My current study permit is valid until 30th April. I have following questions:

1) Should I extend the same study permit or apply for a new permit?
2) Since I am eligible for 3 years post graduate work permit, and if I apply for that now and get, is it possible to apply for study permit simultaneosly for another degree as stated above?
3) If so, would the work permit be void once I enroll in the university or I can work full time as well as study?

Thanks

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Gosal said:
Hello everyone,

I just finished a Masters degree (2 years program) and want to start another graduate degree in September 2015. My current study permit is valid until 30th April. I have following questions:

1) Should I extend the same study permit or apply for a new permit?
2) Since I am eligible for 3 years post graduate work permit, and if I apply for that now and get, is it possible to apply for study permit simultaneosly for another degree as stated above?
3) If so, would the work permit be void once I enroll in the university or I can work full time as well as study?

Thanks

1. Extend the existing one based on new LOA.
2&3. Technically, you can not have both SP & PGWP at the same time.

Gosal

Jun 23, 2012
Thanks for the reply.

But will I be able to stay in Canada between April (when current permit expires) and September (when the degree starts) ?