+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second CEC application question

userrandom23

Mar 3, 2021
Hi Folks,

I applied for CEC this September and claimed 50 points for a job offer that I have from my employer. I did not have enough points to meet the cutoff without the job letter.

However now I see that points are going down and I will have enough points to meet cutoff without requiring the letter in the next 2-3 draws. Will I be able to apply again for CEC / Express entry without claiming points for the letter or do I have to withdraw the current application first?

Thank you so much in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Folks,

I applied for CEC this September and claimed 50 points for a job offer that I have from my employer. I did not have enough points to meet the cutoff without the job letter.

However now I see that points are going down and I will have enough points to meet cutoff without requiring the letter in the next 2-3 draws. Will I be able to apply again for CEC / Express entry without claiming points for the letter or do I have to withdraw the current application first?

Thank you so much in advance.
When you say that you applied, do you mean that you previously received ITA and submitted a complete application? If so, you need to withdraw that application first if you want to qualify for another ITA. You can't have two CEC applications.

userrandom23

Mar 3, 2021
When you say that you applied, do you mean that you previously received ITA and submitted a complete application? If so, you need to withdraw that application first if you want to qualify for another ITA. You can't have two CEC applications.
Thank you so much for your reply. Yes we filed a completed application. But I wanted to reapply without requiring the job letter if possible to have more flexibility due to the very long processing times these days.

My wife will also have enough points to apply as a principal applicant (this time it was me). Is it possible to apply with her as the principle application for the second application (while the first one is already in process).

Thank you again for the support.

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Why do you want to re-apply in case you already applied and still have that job offer as valid? You said you applied in September, so why would want to do it again which would further delay your processing? Is the job offer still valid?
Did you have the right document uploaded?
Re-applying would not add any flexibility imo

userrandom23

Mar 3, 2021
Why do you want to re-apply in case you already applied and still have that job offer as valid? You said you applied in September, so why would want to do it again which would further delay your processing? Is the job offer still valid?
Did you have the right document uploaded?
Re-applying would not add any flexibility imo
The job offer is still valid but I am tied to the offer / employer now. In case I apply without the letter I will have the flexibility to change employers quite easily or even work in another country if needed for career advancement while waiting the PR if the processing time is truly 15-17 months.

Reactions: raghavgrover

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
The job offer is still valid but I am tied to the offer / employer now. In case I apply without the letter I will have the flexibility to change employers quite easily or even work in another country if needed for career advancement while waiting the PR if the processing time is truly 15-17 months.
Ok, they have said new applications from July will be processed in 6 months or less. But I get it that’s just a promise that needs to be kept.
Really your decision but this can be done after yiu withdraw the current application