+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

second appointment timing

laomiao

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Hi,
I missed my first appointment which was on Aug 8 (because Gmail put the email in spam folder). I found it on Aug 12 and immediately sent an explanation mail to the local CIC office (Montreal) and requested a re-schedule. It has been more than a week and I haven't received any response. I'm just wondering how long would it take to receive the second appointment so I can decide when I should start worrying about missing the second one...

thanks!

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laomiao said:
Hi,
I missed my first appointment which was on Aug 8 (because Gmail put the email in spam folder). I found it on Aug 12 and immediately sent an explanation mail to the local CIC office (Montreal) and requested a re-schedule. It has been more than a week and I haven't received any response. I'm just wondering how long would it take to receive the second appointment so I can decide when I should start worrying about missing the second one...

thanks!
They won't respond back to your mail. Call 1-888-242-2100 and just make sure if they received that letter. Also create a filter for you gmail to not spam the emails from cic.gc.ca. Please check internet for create filter feature.

CIC will take their sweet time to reschedule and may surprise applicants once in a while by sending reschedule promptly. So it just depends on your luck. Getting a test invite for the first time itself is lucky nowadays so if that luck continues for you then you may get a reply back in 2 to 4 weeks.

Meanwhile all the best for your test preparation.

mamad604

Nov 12, 2014
My wife and I missed our first appointment on July 20 because we were on vacation. I asked for a reschedule, they replied back in 2 weeks for my wife's appointment which was Aug 5 and then about 5 weeks from my mail to them they send mine scheduled for Sep 3.

My office is Edmonton.

laomiao

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
mamad604 said:
My wife and I missed our first appointment on July 20 because we were on vacation. I asked for a reschedule, they replied back in 2 weeks for my wife's appointment which was Aug 5 and then about 5 weeks from my mail to them they send mine scheduled for Sep 3.

My office is Edmonton.
thanks. Your timing reference is very helpful.