+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second application through gckey or ircc? Please connect here!!

nadylina

Jun 22, 2022
I had applied for the TRV on IRCC Portal on April 14th and provided the Biometrics on 24th April until this date the status I can see is Under processing without any changes. There is no update on IRCC Portal about the application.
I need to travel to drop my daugher who would be starting her University during late August.
When I go to the GCKey portal I do not see my application and also unable to link the application that is available on IRCC Portal to GCKey Portal since many are staying applying through GCKey portal gets the approval soon and visas issued.
Starting a new application on GCKey Portal now will be considered as a new process and it may take its own time and considering very less time available not sure if I can get the visa on time for travelling.
Is there anything additional that I have to do to speed up the process.
I applied from Bahrain and the Visa Processing office is based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Appreciate for any valuable suggestions
Thank you
Same here!
I’m so so disappointed in this entire process and this stupid system that confused me even more. I have applied through IRCC portal since March 2, for visitor visa for my mom who had already had a visa opened before, but expired. I was very confused about those 2 systems of application and didn’t know which one would be the right one, and chose this stupid new portal. Now I regret with all my heart that I did, as I cannot do anything. Cannot contact anyone to help, cannot link it to the Gckey (which was the one I did through before-but didn’t know )cannot speed up the process etc.
4 months of waiting with no information about my application status.
Did anyone get their visa through the new Portal at the end? How long did the entire process take?
Please give me some hope, I’m already desperate.

Jun 15, 2022
Further to my earlier message
Application Submitted : 14th April
Biometrics given : 24th April
Used IRCC new portal
Applied from Bahrain
Processing happens in UAE
No response till date
Further to this I tried to apply through GCKey portal but it clearly states if you have applied ealier this application would cancel the previous application and the process can be delayed.
Should I proceed and apply anyway or wait for a decision to be made. I am in a dilema?
I assume the biometrics submitted for the previous application can be used since it is valid for 10 years.
Has anyone in a similar situation if so, what are your plans?

Thanks

SomT

Mar 10, 2022
Used IRCC new portal
Applied from Bahrain
No response till date
Further to this I tried to apply through GCKey portal but it clearly states if you have applied ealier this application would cancel the previous application and the process can be delayed.
Should I proceed and apply anyway or wait for a decision to be made. I am in a dilema?
I assume the biometrics submitted for the previous application can be used since it is valid for 10 years.

Thanks
Hi have you heard back on your application?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Same here!
I’m so so disappointed in this entire process and this stupid system that confused me even more. I have applied through IRCC portal since March 2, for visitor visa for my mom who had already had a visa opened before, but expired. I was very confused about those 2 systems of application and didn’t know which one would be the right one, and chose this stupid new portal. Now I regret with all my heart that I did, as I cannot do anything. Cannot contact anyone to help, cannot link it to the Gckey (which was the one I did through before-but didn’t know )cannot speed up the process etc.
4 months of waiting with no information about my application status.
Did anyone get their visa through the new Portal at the end? How long did the entire process take?
Please give me some hope, I’m already desperate.
New portal is very random

I applied for my friend and he has active USA visa and he got his visa approved in 3 weeks

However from personal experience I can say that new portal ranges from few weeks to few months. There is not basis

Check the avg processing time from your mothers current country of residence and give it a couple more weeks. You should hear something hopefully

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Used IRCC new portal
Applied from Bahrain
No response till date
Should I proceed and apply anyway or wait for a decision to be made. I am in a dilema? Wait it out if travel is not urgent. Else you can always apply again but we are seeing how random and unorganized things are. So you do run the risk of one of the applications getting withdrawn and again having to wait on the other . So there is not real advantage of reapplying. However some people just got lucky and heard back on their 2nd application. Good Luck

Thanks

Sr_ke

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
New portal is very random

I applied for my friend and he has active USA visa and he got his visa approved in 3 weeks

However from personal experience I can say that new portal ranges from few weeks to few months. There is not basis

Check the avg processing time from your mothers current country of residence and give it a couple more weeks. You should hear something hopefully
so u can apply on the new portal without family ties ? this is new info. I applied on the old portal twice for my newborns vv but haven't heard anything so far, wish I knew this earlier.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
so u can apply on the new portal without family ties ? this is new info. I applied on the old portal twice for my newborns vv but haven't heard anything so far, wish I knew this earlier.
what do you mean by apply without ties?

There is a questionnaire you can answer to see what category you fit best on the new portal

Sr_ke

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
what do you mean by apply without ties?

There is a questionnaire you can answer to see what category you fit best on the new portal
I meant you can apply on the portal only if you have an immediate family in canada like a father a mother a son or daughter. I was under the impression that if u are visiting an friend or going there for tourism you can only apply through GCkey.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I meant you can apply on the portal only if you have an immediate family in canada like a father a mother a son or daughter. I was under the impression that if u are visiting an friend or going there for tourism you can only apply through GCkey.
This was the case some time back

The new portal keeps changing.

Lear70

Aug 10, 2022
Used IRCC new portal
Applied from Bahrain
No response till date

Thanks
I have just applied using the new portal Aug 7, but will reapply using the Gckey hoping it will speed up the process or it is the right path. (Very urgent because of my daughters upcoming wedding.)
Just a question: did you use the same UCI for reapplication?

Lear70

Aug 10, 2022
My daughter's wedding is this October, and I am her witness. So I am really desperately in a hurry. I read GCkey is faster that is why I would rea pply through GCkey although I have already applied to the new portal. I have paid and everything except did the biomteric.
1) When we re-apply on the form in GCkey should I put in the ircc Portal UCI? Is this how we are going to link the application ?
2) is it better to create a new application or link the new portal application?
3) Can we still get a refund if we reapplied?

please help me

Lear70

Aug 10, 2022
Hi people who have applied through ircc portal or gckey second time please connect here for visitor visa

I have seen from messages that who has applied through gckey second time has already got ppr.. Those who applied through ircc did anyone get responses?

Please connect..
Hi, I will be applying for the second time through GCkey. The first was done through new portal.
Any advice if I should use the same UCI or just create a new application in GCkey?

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Hi, I will be applying for the second time through GCkey. The first was done through new portal.
Any advice if I should use the same UCI or just create a new application in GCkey?
Normally UCI remains the same. Even if you leave it blank, your file will be linked to the same UCI most of the times.

Reactions: Lear70

sani.ph

Jul 25, 2022
I had applied for the TRV on IRCC Portal on April 14th and provided the Biometrics on 24th April until this date the status I can see is Under processing without any changes. There is no update on IRCC Portal about the application.
I need to travel to drop my daugher who would be starting her University during late August.
When I go to the GCKey portal I do not see my application and also unable to link the application that is available on IRCC Portal to GCKey Portal since many are staying applying through GCKey portal gets the approval soon and visas issued.
Starting a new application on GCKey Portal now will be considered as a new process and it may take its own time and considering very less time available not sure if I can get the visa on time for travelling.
Is there anything additional that I have to do to speed up the process.
I applied from Bahrain and the Visa Processing office is based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Appreciate for any valuable suggestions
Thank you
Hi don’t know if this helps. I applied from Philippines through new portal last May 25, received approval after 77 days.

Reactions: Lear70