+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seattle- Vancover: H1b Remote work in canada

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
CBP can any anything. No one knows. So thats why i told about ready for verification of your job. So it can be of any letter/email from your company that you travel or be ready to give the phone number of your HR/manager if cbp wants to verify.

But note that he can broadly think that all are working from home as many travel. I was not asked during this pandemic on why i travel during pandemic. But we should be ready to be questioned.
okay thank you.. would you be able to suggest some strategies to answer such questions?

my company is very big one and would provide letter of employment any number of times/i can show pay slips that reflect work location, but they won't give letter specifically for travel and all that. HR or manager can verify the employment, but may tell that employees work remotely at this time due to pandemic. can I tell them that I would work from home within 50 miles from office and show LCA that the company filed for home location?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
okay thank you.. would you be able to suggest some strategies to answer such questions?

my company is very big one and would provide letter of employment any number of times/i can show pay slips that reflect work location, but they won't give letter specifically for travel and all that. HR or manager can verify the employment, but may tell that employees work remotely at this time due to pandemic. can I tell them that I would work from home within 50 miles from office and show LCA that the company filed for home location?
I dont know how far is your work location from border. So is your work location within 50 miles and LCA is also for the same location? Then no issues but dont talk anything about lca and rules. Just state where you are going if asked and which company.
CBP is not asking something different during pandemic hence there is remote chance that they will ask why you travel. I was not asked till now in the last few months - i travel once in few weeks though. So i dont expect that kind of question. Also if the work location is near border then i expect less/no question on any verification of employment(as hardly anyone received till now unless they really get suspicious with the candidate/travel.

So as you said, just take whatever document you get should be enough including the payslip. CBP doesnt ask the employer if they know that you are coming from Canada, mostly they would ask if you work there and he is now at so and so border and travelling from Canada. So during that time the company official should not be surprised that you are travelling frequently from Canada is what i was telling on employer be aware of it but not necessarily to have it in letter. But verification is remote chance. So should not be problem.

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
I dont know how far is your work location from border. So is your work location within 50 miles and LCA is also for the same location? Then no issues but dont talk anything about lca and rules. Just state where you are going if asked and which company.
CBP is not asking something different during pandemic hence there is remote chance that they will ask why you travel. I was not asked till now in the last few months - i travel once in few weeks though. So i dont expect that kind of question. Also if the work location is near border then i expect less/no question on any verification of employment(as hardly anyone received till now unless they really get suspicious with the candidate/travel.

So as you said, just take whatever document you get should be enough including the payslip. CBP doesnt ask the employer if they know that you are coming from Canada, mostly they would ask if you work there and he is now at so and so border and travelling from Canada. So during that time the company official should not be surprised that you are travelling frequently from Canada is what i was telling on employer be aware of it but not necessarily to have it in letter. But verification is remote chance. So should not be problem.
Thanks.. my work location is NC.. that's like 11 hour drive from Detroit. My plan is to drive or take a flight based on circumstances once a month just to keep AVR active and try stamping in parallel. Any issues on this front?

my employer isn't particularly restrictive on people working from anywhere in the world.. many got stuck in India working months and they haven't made issues of it.

But specifically telling them that I am completely moving to Canada and commuting might unnecessarily confuse them.. they might be worried that I may get unnecessarily stuck due consulate closures or proclamation and may never be able to enter US. It is difficult to make my immigration team or attorneys understand about AVR and all that as neither attorneys nor immigration team stay on top ground realities. But they would fully support any kind of employment verification and even if CBP calls and says I'm crossing Canadian border, they won't make any big deal out of it as traveling in and out is someone's personal preference. After all employment is legitimate no matter how I am entering US. If I'm asked, I'm planning to tell my employer that my family lives there, so I'm staying with them and fly in fly out regularly once pandemic settles. Do you see any issues?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks.. my work location is NC.. that's like 11 hour drive from Detroit. My plan is to drive or take a flight based on circumstances once a month just to keep AVR active and try stamping in parallel. Any issues on this front?

my employer isn't particularly restrictive on people working from anywhere in the world.. many got stuck in India working months and they haven't made issues of it.

But specifically telling them that I am completely moving to Canada and commuting might unnecessarily confuse them.. they might be worried that I may get unnecessarily stuck due consulate closures or proclamation and may never be able to enter US. It is difficult to make my immigration team or attorneys understand about AVR and all that as neither attorneys nor immigration team stay on top ground realities. But they would fully support any kind of employment verification and even if CBP calls and says I'm crossing Canadian border, they won't make any big deal out of it as traveling in and out is someone's personal preference. After all employment is legitimate no matter how I am entering US. If I'm asked, I'm planning to tell my employer that my family lives there, so I'm staying with them and fly in fly out regularly once pandemic settles. Do you see any issues?
Then no issues as long as they can confirm your employment in extreme scenario. 99% of the time cbp never called the companies/managers till now, not heard. So you should be fine. Just have recent payslips etc just in case to prevent any further verification on your employment.
We all started commuting or traveling frequently and cbp never called our employers.

Reactions: canprofus

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Then no issues as long as they can confirm your employment in extreme scenario. 99% of the time cbp never called the companies/managers till now, not heard. So you should be fine. Just have recent payslips etc just in case to prevent any further verification on your employment.
We all started commuting or traveling frequently and cbp never called our employers.
Employers have everything to query travel history from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search, if they want to.

Reactions: harirajmohan