+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Searching Room rental in Vancouver

mmahmud

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
Hey all, I am planning to move to Vancouver and looking for renting a room. Been searching for it all over. For the first one or two weeks, I might have to stay at hotels or hostels which are really costly but would like to get my own place asap.

1. Is it possible or wise to rent before moving there?
2. What are the sites where I can search for rooms? I am searching kijiji right now but would like to get some more options.
3. Any idea about the rent range in Vancouver?

Thanks in advance.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
If you do not know anything about the areas of Vancouver, I advise not renting until you arrive. Keep in mind if it's a cheaper apartment, it might be in a questionable area. You won't be able to look at it until you're here. Not to mention, you might find it difficult to get a landlord to rent to you with no Canadian history & without meeting you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah. They are very costly. Hotels and hostels are more so. I am thinking about if it is possible to rent a room before moving. Any ideas?
Yes, it's possible especially if you can afford. Padmapper.com has an interactive map of available rentals across Vancouver and you can get some ideas about the rent ranges.

mmahmud

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
If you do not know anything about the areas of Vancouver, I advise not renting until you arrive. Keep in mind if it's a cheaper apartment, it might be in a questionable area. You won't be able to look at it until you're here. Not to mention, you might find it difficult to get a landlord to rent to you with no Canadian history & without meeting you.
Thanks. That makes sense. This is what I have planned so far. Moving to Canada, stay in Hotel or AirBnB and look for rooms to rent. Talk with the landlord and then rent one.

as_ok

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Vancouver is pretty expensive. I am looking for a 1-bed room apartment/condo for long time but still was not able to get hold of.