+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Be careful many people got refusal due to toefl or pte .
Only ielts is mandatory.
I applied through normal University procedure. I had an admit from University of Waterloo - which btw accepts TOEFL score. My application was rejected citing insufficient language qualifications. With normal application procedure they do not even ask for a proof of language proficiency. Its a document we provide as client information just to strengthen our profile.

Sanazim

May 25, 2018
There are only 2 forms to be filled? 1st is the application form and 2nd is the family information form. Any other forms to be submitted for SDS?

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
My two cents on this topic.

Don't get sad and confused by SDS.

If you have 6 band and above, then SDS is a kind of privilege while filing for study visa.

In case you have less than 6 band you can still apply using other alternatives. The only difference is that the processing time required will be more and your application will have more chances of getting rejected than SDS.

Rest everything is same. So don't become sad if you have less than 6 band. After submitting your application you can always try to give another IELTS. Work hard to get above 6 band with proper preparation. Good luck !

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
The ielts each 6 is for ug and pg both ??
The SDS does not specify band requirement based on type of program, such as UG, PG, Degree, Diploma etc...

SDS is one of the several methods to obtain study permit and it is the method's requirement, which needs band 6.

Harshp86

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
The SDS does not specify band requirement based on type of program, such as UG, PG, Degree, Diploma etc...

SDS is one of the several methods to obtain study permit and it is the method's requirement, which needs band 6.
I have applied before sds program and mine is Each 6 for post graduate certificate in university category so will it be a problem for me ? Because in university checklist minimum ielts is not mentioned !

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
I have applied before sds program and mine is Each 6 for post graduate certificate in university category so will it be a problem for me ? Because in university checklist minimum ielts is not mentioned !
I think you are confusing between two separate things. First thing is University's or College's or Program's IELTS requirement. Second thing is IELTS requirement for study permit.

First step is to get admission offer letter from University or College, wherever you are applying. If you meet their IELTS requirement and as long as you are able to obtain admission offer letter from University or College you are fine.

Second step is to obtain study permit. If you choose to apply study permit via SDS method then it is SDS requirement that IELTS should be with 6 bands.

Canadian Embassy will not see with what IELTS band you have received your admission offer letter. They will not see whether you applied to college before or after SDS was introduced. They will not see whether you received admission offer letter before or after SDS was introduced.

What Canadian Embassy is saying is that, a new program called SDS has come. If student wish to obtain study permit quickly using this system, then show the required IELTS band that is needed for SDS method.

If student don't want to apply using SDS method they can still apply using the paper based method.

As you mentioned that you have 6 band each so you are eligible for SDS method to obtain study permit. It is your choice whether you want to go by SDS method or paper method.

I hope it is clear to you now. Good luck !

Harshp86

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
I think you are confusing between two separate things. First thing is University's or College's or Program's IELTS requirement. Second thing is IELTS requirement for study permit.

First step is to get admission offer letter from University or College, wherever you are applying. If you meet their IELTS requirement and as long as you are able to obtain admission offer letter from University or College you are fine.

Second step is to obtain study permit. If you choose to apply study permit via SDS method then it is SDS requirement that IELTS should be with 6 bands.

Canadian Embassy will not see with what IELTS band you have received your admission offer letter. They will not see whether you applied to college before or after SDS was introduced. They will not see whether you received admission offer letter before or after SDS was introduced.

What Canadian Embassy is saying is that, a new program called SDS has come. If student wish to obtain study permit quickly using this system, then show the required IELTS band that is needed for SDS method.

If student don't want to apply using SDS method they can still apply using the paper based method.

As you mentioned that you have 6 band each so you are eligible for SDS method to obtain study permit. It is your choice whether you want to go by SDS method or paper method.

I hope it is clear to you now. Good luck !
Bro but embassy requirements are Ecah 6 now right ? And i have applied my visa file before sds and in university category but in university category checklist the minimum ielts is not mentioned so in that casw what will embassy see ??