+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS Visa Rejected based on Purpose of Visit

notjonsnow

May 13, 2019
What did you wrote for low grades explaination
No direct explanations, i wrote something along the lines that I was an average student but equally involved in academics and extra curriculum activities (I had tons of certificates to prove that). My interest towards business studies helped me score well in graduation without compromising other college activities I was involved in. Later I added how the scholarship I received was a huge motivation to perform well etc etc

notjonsnow

May 13, 2019
show your sop. i think you didnt explain properly how is your intended course of study relevant
Yes I have a doubt regarding that as well. Although I did write a 3.5 page SOP explaining everything in brief, from how my chosen course is relevant to my plans of coming back and future plans back home. I just feel the system is very random, simply because I've seen people get VISA with mediocre SOPs and a few who didn't even submit a SOP!

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Thank you for your reply. I did take my low grades in school into consideration, but I'm not completely sure of it. Seeing as how I scored 80% in my undergrad + scholarship on the basis of academic excellence (I attached scholarship letter as well in my application), it should be proof enough that I've worked hard, improved my studies and capable of maintaining good grades in Canada as well.

Yes I applied through SDS. I submitted both GIC of $10000 from CIBC and 1st Year full tuition fee receipts.
Your proof of finance is definitely fine. SDS only requires GIC and first year tuition fees so you are fine. Get CAIPS notes, as I don't see any obvious reason for your rejection. And maybe it is based on luck.
Recently seen a student in your situation that got approved without SOP. All be it, he applied to a university, not a college. I think there is definitely a bias towards university applicants in the process. Most undergraduate university applicants I have seen got approved without SOP.

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
This is truly quite disturbing lol
I don't know, there's no point blaming the VO. Something must have been missed or unexplained from my side.
Don't worry bro, I personally know people who've scored similar as you and are now in Canada.
Just make your SOP strong and have all your documents in order.
All the best :)

The thing is that your 10th and 12th grade marks shouldn't even matter, especially when you did your bachelors. Your bachelors is considered to be your latest qualification. You didn't even need to provide mark sheets for 10 and 12 since your admission for post graduate diploma should've been based on your bachelors GPA which is more than good..... So I am not sure why everyone here is saying about low marks and all. If the college gave you admission, they gave it to you based on your average. Not submitting your 10th and 12 marks is not hiding anything from your visa officer, you're just submitting your most recent results, that's all.....

That's my opinion....

notjonsnow

May 13, 2019
Your proof of finance is definitely fine. SDS only requires GIC and first year tuition fees so you are fine. Get CAIPS notes, as I don't see any obvious reason for your rejection. And maybe it is based on luck.
Recently seen a student in your situation that got approved without SOP. All be it, he applied to a university, not a college. I think there is definitely a bias towards university applicants in the process. Most undergraduate university applicants I have seen got approved without SOP.
Yes, I somewhat agree with what you say.
Thank you for your input :)

notjonsnow

May 13, 2019
The thing is that your 10th and 12th grade marks shouldn't even matter, especially when you did your bachelors. Your bachelors is considered to be your latest qualification. You didn't even need to provide mark sheets for 10 and 12 since your admission for post graduate diploma should've been based on your bachelors GPA which is more than good..... So I am not sure why everyone here is saying about low marks and all. If the college gave you admission, they gave it to you based on your average. Not submitting your 10th and 12 marks is not hiding anything from your visa officer, you're just submitting your most recent results, that's all.....

That's my opinion....
Yes I've heard that from many applicants as well. This is why I'm not focusing my rejection due to my school grades. And even if school mattered as much as graduation, I've explained everything very clearly regarding that.

notjonsnow

May 13, 2019
it is clearly stated that you should write a ONE PAGE sop not a 3.5 page long essay

as for your part about the system being very random well its not really the case

basically if you are from certain high risk countries especially india, pakistan, nigeria etc then naturally the vo will be less likely to approve your application. this is simply because people from these countries have been PROVEN to be MORE LIKELY to overstay in canada according to official govt stats compared to people from say, japan, australia, singapore, south korea, and parts of europe

sad but true
I'm sorry but I don't think a student can explain each every factor that goes into getting his VISA be written in 1 page. But I get your point, I'll try making it shorter and more precise.
As for the randomness, I think you misinterpreted what I actually meant. While you are right there is a high risk from said countries, I was infact specifically talking about India only. By randomness I meant that I've seen students with far more mediocre education qualifications and borderline IELTS scores get VISA. I mean I've had my batch mates with slightly inferior profile than me get VISA, some on the first try and some after 2/3 tries. And a many examples on this forum as well. But like I said, can't really blame them. Have to work on my application.

rahuln

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I'm sorry but I don't think a student can explain each every factor that goes into getting his VISA be written in 1 page. But I get your point, I'll try making it shorter and more precise.
As for the randomness, I think you misinterpreted what I actually meant. While you are right there is a high risk from said countries, I was infact specifically talking about India only. By randomness I meant that I've seen students with far more mediocre education qualifications and borderline IELTS scores get VISA. I mean I've had my batch mates with slightly inferior profile than me get VISA, some on the first try and some after 2/3 tries. And a many examples on this forum as well. But like I said, can't really blame them. Have to work on my application.
Hey, did you pay 3 or 2 semester fee? how many term fee do we have to pay in sds? My Uni has 3 terms in a year

pranotimulay

Apr 1, 2019
Hey, sorry to hear that your application got rejected. I don't think there's anything wrong with your academics and IELTS tbh. Sometimes, to maintain the rejection quota, VO's state random reasons for rejections. If there were anything wrong with your application or fees or academics, the reason would have been more specific. I think you should improve your SOP.
Hope you get the visa in time. All the best. :)

notjonsnow

May 13, 2019
Hey, did you pay 3 or 2 semester fee? how many term fee do we have to pay in sds? My Uni has 3 terms in a year
2 Semester bro. My 2 year course has 4 semesters in total. 2 each year.

Hey, sorry to hear that your application got rejected. I don't think there's anything wrong with your academics and IELTS tbh. Sometimes, to maintain the rejection quota, VO's state random reasons for rejections. If there were anything wrong with your application or fees or academics, the reason would have been more specific. I think you should improve your SOP.
Hope you get the visa in time. All the best. :)
Thank you bro. Yes that's what was confusing, if it were something else it would have been more specific.
I'm working on my SOP now and adding property and financial documents of family. Hopefully that should enough.

pranotimulay

Apr 1, 2019
2 Semester bro. My 2 year course has 4 semesters in total. 2 each year.

Thank you bro. Yes that's what was confusing, if it were something else it would have been more specific.
I'm working on my SOP now and adding property and financial documents of family. Hopefully that should enough.
Which university and course have you applied to, sorry I missed that if you've already mentioned.
A girl here btw.:p

Hunzala

Jul 18, 2019
Hello everyone,

My student visa was rejected 2 days back on the following grounds:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
This is very disheartening and I'[m still trying to understand what could've gone wrong from my end. I had all my documents in order and had clearly explained in SOP everything. The course is in line with my undergrad degree, why I am choosing to study this in Canada and not in India, why I am choosing Canada, why this course specifically, what are my plans after my course completes, I explained everything.
Only thing I can think of is that I didn't attach any financial documents like property valuation or net worth certificate. I only attached ITRs of family. Maybe that's the reason? Its just a guess. If anyone has any insight on this, please help out, I would really appreciate.

My Academic Profile:
10th: 64%
12th: 58%
BBA: 8 CGPA
IELTS: 7.5 (L: 8.5, R: 8.0, W: 7.0, S: 7.0)
No Backlogs
Scholarship awarded in 1st year
Multiple extra curriculum awards and certificates.
Course I'm applying for: Global Business Management (2 year course)
Qualification: Ontario Post-Graduate Certificate

Work Profile:
2.5 Yrs of Work Exp

My timeline (SDS Online, India):
Medical Upfront: 12th June
Application Submitted: 18th June
Biometric Request: 19th June
Biometric Submitted: 20th June
Medical Passed: 4th July
Biometric Correspondence Letter: 15th July
VISA Rejected: 16th July

Thank you :)

Hunzala

Jul 18, 2019
Hello everyone,

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
This is very disheartening and I'[m still trying to understand what could've gone wrong from my end. I had all my documents in order and had clearly explained in SOP everything. The course is in line with my undergrad degree, why I am choosing to study this in Canada and not in India, why I am choosing Canada, why this course specifically, what are my plans after my course completes, I explained everything.
Only thing I can think of is that I didn't attach any financial documents like property valuation or net worth certificate. I only attached ITRs of family. Maybe that's the reason? Its just a guess. If anyone has any insight on this, please help out, I would really appreciate.

My Academic Profile:
No Backlogs

Work Profile:
2.5 Yrs of Work Exp

Hello everyone,

My Academic Profile:
No Backlogs

Work Profile:
2.5 Yrs of Work Exp