+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS VISA FROM INDIA

rahuln

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Spring term is optional - which majority of students don’t take . ( correct me if iam wrong )
I
It's not optional for international students. If the institute is offering it then we have to take it since we can't choose to have a break in our studies. Many institutes have summer term as holiday so students can be free during that time.

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019
Hii guy's here is my timeline.
Medical on 14 June.
File launched on 24June.
Biomatrix 26 June.
Passport request on 12 July.
Hi did you get information about medical updated in between and if yes -which date OR you straight away got passport request ?

Reactions: Msbrar

Nikhil Das

Feb 9, 2019
Mumbai
Hi guys, I have already applied for the visa and got my approval long back on 3rd May 2019.
I have read all the post here and I can say that, firstly under SDS, you DO NOT REQUIRE to show any bank statements or ITR or Loan Sanction Letter. The only mandatory documents needed are college fee receipt (tution fees to be paid in full for the entire year), GIC certificate & IELTS score.

"In order to be eligible for SDS Canada, students will need to:
  • have the minimum-required IELTS level of English language ability of 6.0 in all sections (reading, writing, listening, and speaking)
  • purchase of a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000,
  • have been accepted by an eligible Post secondary Designated Learning Institute (DLI List)
  • tuition payment for the first year of study at a DLI in Canada,
  • From 30th April 2019, All students need to apply online to get a study permit through the SDS Stream. No paper applications under SDS.
  • completion of an upfront medical examination"
Coming back to the delay in SDS, is mainly because now the entire process has become online after 30th April 2019. All those who had applied for the visa before 30th April could apply for SDS visa via offline and online as well wherein now only the online process is applicable after 30th April. Hence there has been a huge delay in the SDS visa approval.

"The following changes will take place from 30th Apr 2019 for students applying for Canada Study Visa under SDS Visa Catogery from India:

The following additional criteria is expected come into effect:

all applications must be filed online; and
the immigration medical examination must be completed upfront (evidence must be provided in the application submission).

The processing service standard for SDS cases will be will be processed at the Case Processing Centre – Edmonton in Canada."

shivam89193

Jul 18, 2019
Hi guys, I have already applied for the visa and got my approval long back on 3rd May 2019.
I have read all the post here and I can say that, firstly under SDS, you DO NOT REQUIRE to show any bank statements or ITR or Loan Sanction Letter. The only mandatory documents needed are college fee receipt (tution fees to be paid in full for the entire year), GIC certificate & IELTS score.

• have the minimum-required IELTS level of English language ability of 6.0 in all sections (reading, writing, listening, and speaking)
  • have been accepted by an eligible Post secondary Designated Learning Institute (DLI List)
  • From 30th April 2019, All students need to apply online to get a study permit through the SDS Stream. No paper applications under SDS.
Coming back to the delay in SDS, is mainly because now the entire process has become online after 30th April 2019. All those who had applied for the visa before 30th April could apply for SDS visa via offline and online as well wherein now only the online process is applicable after 30th April. Hence there has been a huge delay in the SDS visa approval.

"The following changes will take place from 30th Apr 2019 for students applying for Canada Study Visa under SDS Visa Catogery from India:

the immigration medical examination must be completed upfront (evidence must be provided in the application submission).

The processing service standard for SDS cases will be will be processed at the Case Processing Centre – Edmonton in Canada."
Hi u said after 30th april no paper applications but i have applied(Paper application) on 20th june .??

Reactions: Msbrar

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019

very very informative and SPOT ON!
THANKS for sharing

Reactions: Nikhil Das

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019

one question- Is SOP mandatory for online SDS undergraduate candidate ?