Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010

BalaKCB

May 23, 2023
Hey @archanajossy! I've been asking myself the same question. My husband and I are Feb 16 applicants. Are you a family applicant by any chance? Cause that might be a reason for delayed processing time.
It is a family application for me (SP) and my Husband (SOWP). We applied on May 2nd and Biometric updated on May 9th. I think they do take more time for family applicants as compared to single applicants. But the current timeline is literally scaring me. The waiting game is giving a lot of stress.

Have you and your spouse got any news yet?
All the best.

Reactions: parrots

BalaKCB

May 23, 2023
Hi, thanks for the response.​
Doesn't the destination means where we are intending to travel (e.g location of our college)?​
Because for for me destination shown in the tracker is Calgary, AB and my college is also in Calgary?​
Could you please tell where in Canada are you intending to travel?​
Yes, it shows where we intend to travel or reside for our studies. For me, it shows Kingston as that is where my university is. All these informations are extracted from the IMM forms that we had filled for the application of SP and OWP.

BalaKCB

May 23, 2023
We had simply given up hope. She quit her job in early September to pursue the course online. After receiving a visa refusal, she opted to wait for the visa for the May intake and not take a job to prevent a short-term job stinct. We are now in a quandary because we have been postponed to another intake. She now has a career gap, which will have an impact if she is looking for work right now. We're stuck. She is so done mentally and emotionally.
Sending strength to you and your wife. I pray and hope that you get what you have been working so hard for. This waiting game is too stressful. May all goes well for everyone. OM

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Any student here with study gap who got approved?
I applied under SDS from India for McGill Fall 2023.
Application submitted -May 3rd
Biometrics updated- May 8th
Medicals updated- May 18th
It's been 20 days and the anxiety is getting to me.

Reactions: top_gun

Madelsky

Jul 13, 2014
Hello everyone, I’m trying to help my sister in law to come here in Canada as student via SDS. We want to apply ASAP. Targeting school start January 2024 or May 2024. So I have few questions.
Is the IELTS required in school application? Where did you guys take the IELTS (in Philippines)?
I know the requirements are listed in the website, but do you have the sequence of which documents/requirements she need to do first?
The Manila Visa Office Instructions says must use a Visa Application Centre- isn’t the application is online? What she needs from this centre?
Also, any advise?

Her details:
From Batangas, 2nd yr college, Marketing student, 20years old.

top_gun

Mar 9, 2023
May applicants are getting visas, hope you will get by end of this month. All the best

Reactions: Priyanka2010

hello_IK

May 12, 2023
Hey! I too submitted my application for study permit from India on 3rd May
Biometrics updated on 9th May
Medical updated on 17th May
still waiting for the visa. Did you receive any update?

BalaKCB

May 23, 2023
Of course! If you can justify your study gap in your SOP, then I think they'll surely consider. I have a study gap of 7 years, and I showed relevant work experience. I am going to do my PhD at Queen's University. My Husband and I applied together (SP + SOWP) and got PPR together. Your timeline is very similar to mine and I think you will receive a good news very soon. 20 days is not a long time. Have faith.

My timeline, just for reference:
application submitted: may 2nd
Biometrics updated: May 9th
Medical Updated: May 26th
PPR: May 26th

Have faith, hope for the best. Good luck to you.

BalaKCB

May 23, 2023
Finally we too received the great news! It was incredibly rewarding to finally receive the PPR (Passport Request) after 90 days of anxious days. We received the news today morning. I hope that everyone chasing their dreams will also receive positive news and achieve their goals very soon.

Sharing the timeline
Application submitted - February 10, 2023
Passed the medical exam - February 23, 2023
PPR Request - May 10, 2023
Awesome! Many Congratulations to you and your family.

Gweapons

Dec 10, 2019
Applied under IRCC Portal and not GC Key
SDS Application India.
Application Submitted - 22 May
Biometrics Submitted - 26 May
Biometrics are not yet updated but the portal reflected on the 26th the Biometrics Reference Number.

Medicals not updated.

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Of course! If you can justify your study gap in your SOP, then I think they'll surely consider. I have a study gap of 7 years, and I showed relevant work experience. I am going to do my PhD at Queen's University. My Husband and I applied together (SP + SOWP) and got PPR together. Your timeline is very similar to mine and I think you will receive a good news very soon. 20 days is not a long time. Have faith.

My timeline, just for reference:
application submitted: may 2nd
Biometrics updated: May 9th
Medical Updated: May 26th
PPR: May 26th

Have faith, hope for the best. Good luck to you.
I received my passport request letter on May 30th :)

Reactions: parrots and BalaKCB