Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2020
LANDED..........
25-11-2021
Yeah, I know the feeling :p I guess many people do really! We used to check our profiles every day last year, but this year my husband refuses to check it at all, he prefers to wait for that one cherished email with decision. And me, I sneak on checking our status once every week.

Exactly! Let's just hang in there and get everything done step by step! There is no other way around it!

I'm crossing my fingers that everyone gets their good news letters and can start pursuing their Canadian dreams soon.

Reactions: BalaKCB and parrots

archanajossy

Aug 2, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Doc's Request.
27-07-2019
Nomination.....
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
14-08-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2020
LANDED..........
25-11-2021
Yes, me too! I join you!
We just received a note from the college that we need to defer to Jan 2024… just tried our by asking them if they can accommodate for September intake. To our surprise they accepted out request and told they will defer to September. So now need to wait for the new offer letter. . Now the wait extended to another 4 months

Last edited:
Reactions: parrots

saleslucas94

Apr 18, 2023
Hey @saleslucas94! Some news to answer your question from here:

"Reports are coming in from INC – Immigration News Canada confidential sources, that the immigration department has instructed International Network team inside Canada to prioritize temporary visa files from India, China, and Philippines. This is to “NOT” allow the accumulation of backlog due to IRCC strike because these 3 countries usually have the highest number of applications under processing at any given time. However, this doesn’t mean that applications from other countries are not being processed."

How is it going with your application?
thank you so much for the info :) We continue as usual: peak anxiety and waiting for a good news :p

There's no much to do besides keep waiting. If you get more news, please share with us!

Reactions: parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hi @AHash Below "Application Status" there are "Application Details": "Application Type / Application Number / Date Received / Destination". Here -
"Destination: Edmonton, AB"

Hi,

Can you please clarify where it will be mentioned in the Application Status Tacker?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @archanajossy! What a gorgeous news! :D I saw your message yesterday where you first mentioned the deferral to January 2024, which would give you solid 8 months to wait for your PPR. It was wonderful enough already and September 2023 sounds like a real treat from your college, sweet!

To tell you the truth, we are worried about September 2023 ourselves because if the strike continues long enough, there is a chance of not making it on time for September even with PPR because there is also a passport stamping and the tickets, which at the moment are still over the roof from China to Canada for August. And if we get a refusal, well, that won't leave us any time to re-apply for September. With current processing times, that's a guarantee. So, in case you have similar concerns about your September 2023 semester, leave your options open for Winter 2024 if you can as well.

We just received a note from the college that we need to defer to Jan 2024… just tried our by asking them if they can accommodate for September intake. To our surprise they accepted out request and told they will defer to September. So now need to wait for the new offer letter. . Now the wait extended to another 4 months

thomas23

Star Member
Mar 12, 2023
Hi everyone, it’s been 8 weeks since I did the biometrics and still haven’t managed to receive a decision from IRCC. I still haven’t deferred to September intake because I am still hoping for a miracle to make it to the May intake. ( even though i know it’s not likely) Since it’s past the processing time of 7 weeks now, should I be doing anything about it?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @thomas23 It's been 10 weeks for us as of today and there are many people who have been waiting for over 12 weeks as of now. It really seems unlikely that you can make it on time for your May semester. It is probably best to defer to September 2023. In all honestly, even September 2023 is worrying to us as no-one has a clue now as to how long the processing of SP applications will actually take. We're clearly in the backlog and from my experience in 2022 backlogged applications may take up to 20 weeks or more to be processed. September 2023 looks like a best deal for now.

There is nothing else you can do. Webforms don't work and help, don't bother sending those.

Hi everyone, it’s been 8 weeks since I did the biometrics and still haven’t managed to receive a decision from IRCC. I still haven’t deferred to September intake because I am still hoping for a miracle to make it to the May intake. ( even though i know it’s not likely) Since it’s past the processing time of 7 weeks now, should I be doing anything about it?

AHash

Dec 16, 2022
Hi, thanks for the response.​
Doesn't the destination means where we are intending to travel (e.g location of our college)?​
Because for for me destination shown in the tracker is Calgary, AB and my college is also in Calgary?​
Could you please tell where in Canada are you intending to travel?​
Hi @AHash Below "Application Status" there are "Application Details": "Application Type / Application Number / Date Received / Destination". Here -
"Destination: Edmonton, AB"

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @AHash Oh, that may be true. I know for sure that SDS applications are processed in Canada in Edmonton for three reasons: (1) Our refusal letter on our first SP + OWP application in 2022 (May 8 - September 11) was signed by CPC Edmonton Office; (2) Our GCMS notes mentioned Edmonton office as an office where our application was processed; (3) Many people on this forum and in China reported the same thing with their SDS applications in 2022.

However, I might have made a mistake by assuming that "Destination" refers to the processing office. Of course, it means a place where an applicant is headed too. Thank you! :)

Hi, thanks for the response.​
Doesn't the destination means where we are intending to travel (e.g location of our college)?​
Because for for me destination shown in the tracker is Calgary, AB and my college is also in Calgary?​
Could you please tell where in Canada are you intending to travel?​

Reactions: saleslucas94

fui-pra-lá

Apr 25, 2023
Hey @AHash Oh, that may be true. I know for sure that SDS applications are processed in Canada in Edmonton for three reasons: (1) Our refusal letter on our first SP + OWP application in 2022 (May 8 - September 11) was signed by CPC Edmonton Office; (2) Our GCMS notes mentioned Edmonton office as an office where our application was processed; (3) Many people on this forum and in China reported the same thing with their SDS applications in 2022.

However, I might have made a mistake by assuming that "Destination" refers to the processing office. Of course, it means a place where an applicant is headed too. Thank you! :)
Can you share the reason for refusal with us?

archanajossy

Aug 2, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Doc's Request.
27-07-2019
Nomination.....
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
14-08-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2020
LANDED..........
25-11-2021
Hey @archanajossy! What a gorgeous news! :D I saw your message yesterday where you first mentioned the deferral to January 2024, which would give you solid 8 months to wait for your PPR. It was wonderful enough already and September 2023 sounds like a real treat from your college, sweet!

To tell you the truth, we are worried about September 2023 ourselves because if the strike continues long enough, there is a chance of not making it on time for September even with PPR because there is also a passport stamping and the tickets, which at the moment are still over the roof from China to Canada for August. And if we get a refusal, well, that won't leave us any time to re-apply for September. With current processing times, that's a guarantee. So, in case you have similar concerns about your September 2023 semester, leave your options open for Winter 2024 if you can as well.
Yes, that is something of which we are very cognizant. However, January seems like a lengthy wait given that we started all of them way back in 2020, so we certainly made the most of this opportunity. Therefore, if September does not materialise, we will most likely have to try our luck with the subsequent intakes. In any case, we are going to continue to fight until we are granted the visa.

archanajossy

Aug 2, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Doc's Request.
27-07-2019
Nomination.....
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
14-08-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2020
LANDED..........
25-11-2021

Simply get in touch with your school and ask if it is possible for students who are waiting for their visa to begin their classes online and then fly to Canada to continue their studies once they have received a favourable visa decision. You can give that a shot if you want to. If it doesn't work, then you need to start the deferment procedures as soon as possible in order to guarantee that you won't lose your place in the upcoming intakes