Biometric done from previous application

Please share your timeline.

U_K

Oct 3, 2021
SDS for JAN 2020 intake.

App Submitted - 28th Aug
Medical done - 25th Aug
Biometrics - Done for an earlier visit visa application

No update on the application yet. It says, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your application!

n@bz

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
As per ircc, sds takes only 20 calendar days. But nowadays it is taking long, as per my understanding from this forum.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Applied - 21 Aug 2021
Upfront Medical - Not Updated
Biometric - Available from last application (updated)
Review - Not started
BVL - No update
Final Decision - Pending

n@bz

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
rejection reason>?

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

These were the rejection reasons

n@bz

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Anyone else applied for study permit under SDS from India for Jan 2022 intake??

Please share your timeline

n@bz

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
SDS for JAN 2020 intake.

App Submitted - 28th Aug
Medical done - 25th Aug
Biometrics - Done for an earlier visit visa application

No update on the application yet. It says, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your application!
Any updates?

karishma90

Sep 7, 2020
Hi

So my husband got admission for Jan 2022 intake for an MBA in Canada and we were keen to apply for his SP along with my SOWP together. However we have been getting mixed reviews on the same.

Please note the following:
1) Admission letter - July 2021
2) Medicals test done - Sept 2021
3) GIC purchased for 14,000 CAD - Sept 2021
4) Tuition fees paid - letter from college awaited
5) both of us have our bank accounts and sufficient funds in both. - Approx 30 Lakhs each available.
6) Applying from India via Student direct stream

We have complied all documents including financials, Assets, Study plan, financial plan and Letter of explanation.

Looking forward to recommendations if we should go ahead and apply together or is it best to first apply for SP and then apply for SOWP later.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Hi

So my husband got admission for Jan 2022 intake for an MBA in Canada and we were keen to apply for his SP along with my SOWP together. However we have been getting mixed reviews on the same.

Please note the following:
1) Admission letter - July 2021
2) Medicals test done - Sept 2021
3) GIC purchased for 14,000 CAD - Sept 2021
4) Tuition fees paid - letter from college awaited
5) both of us have our bank accounts and sufficient funds in both. - Approx 30 Lakhs each available.
6) Applying from India via Student direct stream

We have complied all documents including financials, Assets, Study plan, financial plan and Letter of explanation.

Looking forward to recommendations if we should go ahead and apply together or is it best to first apply for SP and then apply for SOWP later.
You will have to take a judgement call as this is subjective. If your husband has a solid study plan and the two of you have been married for a while (meaning there can be no doubt in the VOs mind regarding authenticity) you could always apply together. What is certain basis observable evidence currently is that if you decide to apply for the OWP AFTER the SP is approved, it may take a lot of time. IRCC states in its website that if a student is planning to bring dependents, they should apply together as they will then process both applications together. Moreover, if you are going to be applying for the SP first, you will probably write in your SOP that as a student, you are going to leave your spouse and other dependents behind, only to turn around and apply for a WP for the spouse the moment SP is approved!

May 13, 2021
Application submitted -24th Sep
Medicals done -Upfront
Biometrics done

It says, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your application!

pedrocoelho

Nov 28, 2020
Not from India, but here's my timeline:
(Brazilian applicant)
1st application (regular SP+OWP): March 13, 2021
Upfront medical exams: February, 2021
Biometrics: March 19, 2021
Refused on August 7, 2021 (based on purpose of visit)

2nd application (SDS SP+OWP): October 7, 2021
No change in medical nor eligibility status
Awaiting decision for January 2022 intake

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Hello everyone,
I would be applying for the study permit for Jan 2022 intake this October end/November start under SDS category,already done my upfront medicals and have my biometrics appointment scheduled for November 3rd,Will I be able to get a decision before January 5th??