+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sds category, September intake applied in may , PLEASE GATHER HERE

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
It should be processed in India then. I have not seen anyone applied through non-sds mentioning their visa office after bvl. It should be processed in India tho. @rogerdude1 got some insights?
Well I know for a fact that sometimes the offices do transfer cases from one office to the other if one office is overloaded, especially during peak times (summer and spring). And I don't know for sure but assume that first the cases of non-SDS or even SDS may be sent to regional office and only when it's cap is reached, it is sent to CPC (Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary and Sydney?).

Actually, there is a book for those of you who haven't heard, called Points of Entry by Vic Satzewich (https://books.google.co.in/books?id=Zk1BCgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false) this is a bit costly and some pages are hidden in this google books preview but the author talks in detail how immigration actually works and how applications are processed. Lot of behind the door stuff, a must read.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
It should be processed in India then. I have not seen anyone applied through non-sds mentioning their visa office after bvl. It should be processed in India tho. @rogerdude1 got some insights?
It’s somewhat confusing, mine was a non-SDS application and my BVL was issued by the Ottawa office. However, when I wrote to IRCC at a later date, ( well after I received my PPR ) they said my file was located at the New Delhi office.. if that helps :p

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
There are some troubling news articles that I am reading that indicate that IRCC is no longer looking at any application submitted after May 15th for the Fall 2021 intake , for example : https://www.indiatimes.com/news/india/canada-will-allow-students-those-with-work-visas-from-india-543262.html . Somewhere in the middle of the article it says that Canadian authorities are no longer considering any application submitted after May 15th. Now it could be somewhat of a leap of imagination of the article writer or it could be something we dont know. Problem is, no one knows for sure whether this is true. A lot of us are hoping that even though we submitted our so called "COMPLETED" applications in May/June (which includes BIL + BVL) , we are hoping we will get a decision , if not by Aug 6th then at least by end of August. The article indicates that even hoping for an Aug 2021 decision is futile. Comments please...
I read this article too..but it's not authentic bcoz it's not from IRCC.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Well I know for a fact that sometimes the offices do transfer cases from one office to the other if one office is overloaded, especially during peak times (summer and spring). And I don't know for sure but assume that first the cases of non-SDS or even SDS may be sent to regional office and only when it's cap is reached, it is sent to CPC (Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary and Sydney?).

Actually, there is a book for those of you who haven't heard, called Points of Entry by Vic Satzewich (https://books.google.co.in/books?id=Zk1BCgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false) this is a bit costly and some pages are hidden in this google books preview but the author talks in detail how immigration actually works and how applications are processed. Lot of behind the door stuff, a must read.
You are right. I applied in South Africa and my file was processed in Hong Kong and only returned to South Africa at the end for decision (as per GCMS notes). I don't think it was because SA office was super busy either. I think they also do allocate to other offices just to ensure transparency and maybe also quality control?

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Anyone know when they issue the ppr ??
We might have to wait till they announce about stamping passports and/or upfront medicals resuming. There might be news coming this week for medical but nothing to be sure of yet.

srisai12

Jun 4, 2018
Hello, after receiving the Biometric letter I have submitted request for Biometrics appointment to VFS , wondering how long they take to respond back with our appointment schedule knowing the fact that vfs is now taking all student requests. appreciate if any one can help here.