+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
For SPs, I'm getting good news from a few of my friends as well. They're getting approved in 6-8 weeks (Oct-Nov applications). Not sure about SoWPs.
It seems to me that there are not as many complaints posted from people on this forum with regards to the processing time delays recently as there used to be. In fact, I have not come across any complaints of this sort for a while now. Maybe this means that the processing times are getting back to normal, indeed. I am also very interested in this question, especially SDS, especially for family applicants.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I've studied BComm. (commerce) in India. And the course I took is professional accounting practice. It's completely reasonable and relevant to my past studies. I explained it more as I worked in Banks in the accounting departments and handled the accounts and reconciliations of various clients and also the internal bank accounts. And also I explained that I worked in my father's firm and worked under him during audits/company audits/ filing income taxes of clients. So I used my work experience in a way to justify that my course is completely relevant given my past qualifications and work experience.
Upon completion of the course, it would help me get back to India and take over my father's firm and expand the firm on an international level.
And also earlier I mentioned that my father would be retiring a year, so I definitely have to take over the firm and come back to India.
I praised the college as its one of the best colleges in the country and the skills and experience that I will gain there would help me back in India.
Hi @parth7aug!

Yes, from what you are saying, I am surprised your first two applications were refused since everything seems logical and well-connected. You must have strengthened your SOP enough to explain everything to the IRCC officers in a clear and direct way. Well done! Congratulations on your third successful attempt one more time! Awesome work! :D

Reactions: parth7aug

jorgonzalez

Oct 11, 2022
Hi @ARN95! It looks like the processing time of your SP application has exceeded 26 weeks. This is longer than the average delayed processing time of 20 weeks this year. Have you tried sending the webforms to the IRCC to inquire about the status of your application? Are you the only applicant or do you have family members with you on your application as well?

By "quick visa processing", do you mean the SDS Stream? If yes, it has not been a guarantee of fast processing this year. In fact, if you look back through this forum, you will see that most of applicants who got their decisions quick enough were those who applied under non-SDS category.

In any case, even if you withdraw your current application and submit the new one (via SDS or non-SDS does not matter really at this point), you won't get your decision on time before January 2023 semester for sure. So, I would suggest you to ask for a deferred admission from your university to the next available semester (probably September 2023) and wait on the decision from the IRCC on your current application. There is not much you can do about it except sending a webform to the IRCC.

The IRCC has promised to clear all 2022 SP applications until the end of this year, so there is a chance that you will get your decision soon. I would not advice you to withdraw your application and start a new one. It won't help you right now. Better deal with your university with regards to deferral.

Good luck to you!
Hello, do you have a place (link) where I can find info regarding IRCC promising to clear all SP from this year (2022)?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hello, do you have a place (link) where I can find info regarding IRCC promising to clear all SP from this year (2022)?
Hi @jorgonzalez!

Here is the link for the IRCC official information on the current backlog of applications: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/stronger-immigration-system.html

You can track how things are going there. And here are a couple of links from the news articles which only retell and paraphrase information and can't always be trusted, but still can give you some idea of the state of things:
https://www.kansaz.in/news/canada-to-clear-2.7-million-visa-backlog-by-2022-end
https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/canada-starts-clearing-visa-backlog-to-process-applications-by-2022-end-122092200445_1.html

Cheers!

Reactions: jorgonzalez

Ayb123

Aug 11, 2022
Category........
STUDY
Hi @Ayb123!

Yes, it is enough, rest assured. The IRCC will definitely receive your webform request and they will attach the information you provided them with to your file. I know this from experience as I have seen all of my webform requests being reflected in my GCMS notes - they were attached to my file on time and were noted by the immigration officers.

In your case, the officers know that you do not need to give your biometrics again, so just leave it at that. The rest is just the mistakes of the automated system, they will be corrected later on your profile.

For your peace of mind, you can check the status of your biometrics here: https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery
If you can see the validity of your biometrics here, it means that the IRCC has also received your biometrics and knows you do not have to submit it again.

Cheers!
Thanks a lot for finding the time to reply to my query. This chat room has been a great help to people like myself.

Reactions: parrots

Jaffark91

Dec 9, 2022
Hi everyone!

Applied for SDS 12-Sep-22
Refused 29-Sep-22
Reason being “Purpose of visit not consistent with temporary stay”
Immediately applied GCMS notes however no response on it yet

Reapplied 29-Oct-22
Medical updated 7-Dec-22 (incidentally a day after I raised a webform with VO for an update/expedite request)

Waiting impatiently for further updates. SDS applicants from Pakistan please do share your experience and timelines.

K75089

Dec 9, 2022
Hi everyone!

Applied for SDS 12-Sep-22
Refused 29-Sep-22
Reason being “Purpose of visit not consistent with temporary stay”
Immediately applied GCMS notes however no response on it yet

Reapplied 29-Oct-22
Medical updated 7-Dec-22 (incidentally a day after I raised a webform with VO for an update/expedite request)

Waiting impatiently for further updates. SDS applicants from Pakistan please do share your experience and timelines.
Hello Jaffar, my SP also rejected on 6 Dec 2022. I want to reapply because the main reasons are the same as mo st of the candidates receive like the visit to Canada is not consistent.
Can you please help me what did you update in the second application?

Jaffark91

Dec 9, 2022
Hello Jaffar, my SP also rejected on 6 Dec 2022. I want to reapply because the main reasons are the same as mo st of the candidates receive like the visit to Canada is not consistent.
Can you please help me what did you update in the second application?
I updated my SOP as per my VO specific instructions. Additionally I obtained leave from my government employer for the duration of study and added the NOC to my documentation. I also obtained a property evaluation certificate to support the financial side of my documentation

K75089

Dec 9, 2022
I updated my SOP as per my VO specific instructions. Additionally I obtained leave from my government employer for the duration of study and added the NOC to my documentation. I also obtained a property evaluation certificate to support the financial side of my documentation
Thank you for the reply.
But I am curious that specific instructions from VO? you mean GSCM notes?

K75089

Dec 9, 2022
If you do not mind, can you please share your email to have further discussion?

jorgonzalez

Oct 11, 2022
Hi @jorgonzalez!

Here is the link for the IRCC official information on the current backlog of applications: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/stronger-immigration-system.html

You can track how things are going there. And here are a couple of links from the news articles which only retell and paraphrase information and can't always be trusted, but still can give you some idea of the state of things:
https://www.kansaz.in/news/canada-to-clear-2.7-million-visa-backlog-by-2022-end
https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/canada-starts-clearing-visa-backlog-to-process-applications-by-2022-end-122092200445_1.html

Cheers!
Thank you very much for the info, I appreciate it

Reactions: parrots

descan

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
Med's Request
waiting
Anyone got PPR recently for Jan intake? Please share your timeline.