+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hi,
Thanks!
I applied from India. In the first two applications (Non-SDS) I did not have the GIC. That was the major change in the third application. For Non-SDS I uploaded all the transcripts from my 10th to graduation, my offer job offer letters, payslips, and exp letters. In the third application, I removed the additional transcripts and only uploaded the most recent one i.e., graduation transcripts. Also removed the payslips and previous offer letters. Just uploaded the exp letters. Added the GIC and in terms of SOP, I did not make a long SOP. I kept it short to 2 pages. Very crisp and clear and also gave all the info.
Mentioned more points about my family ties in India like I'm the only son of my parents and my father is retired already. So, I need to definitely come back and take over his firm and also take care of my aging parents as it's my responsibility and I'm grateful to fulfill that responsibility. Kind of made a more emotional appeal that I also need to fill my father's shoes and be able to provide for them as they provided for me all my life. Previous SOPs were long 5-6 pages where I mentioned my childhood and ambitions and a lot more. Had a couple of philosophical quotes. Removed all that in the third SOP and just went straight to the point addressing the points in the previous refusals. I think what I understood from this is to not put any unnecessary documents. Just upload what is mentioned. Don't make the SOP too long for the officer to read as there are already many documents uploaded and they need to go through a lot. So they won't take much time for SOP as it would seem just like another common SOP with quotes from famous people. Keep it short and cut to the chase. And make an emotional appeal to convince them that you WILL come back and have strong family ties. You have no other option. Just throw as many family ties as possible at them lol.
I applied on my own all three times. I did not believe that the third application was approved in a month. I thought it would take a few months and I will have to change the plans and defer the course to next semester. But a good immigration lawyer would be helpful as they have experience and up-to-date info. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH ANY CONSULTANCIES. IT'S A SCAM. ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY. The process is very straightforward and easy. And you have this blog for help too!
Okay, I'm done now lol...
Where are you from? Student in Canada?
Hi @parth7aug! Thank you for your explanation and insights! Me and a lot of other people will find them helpful, for sure, so thank you! :)

It seems to me that the major improvement on your application was your SOP as you did not submit any more additional documents or change your work / life situation in any way. This is encouraging as it shows that it is possible to just explain everything to the VO.

I'd like to ask you one more question. How did you specifically address this reason of refusal: "Your proposed study is not reasonable in light of your previous studies and qualification"? You mentioned earlier that you have completed several years of work in banking after school or after your Bachelor degree? Which program did you apply for in Canada? And how did you justify your program if it looked suspicious to the VO?

I am particularly interested in this because this is exactly the reason of refusal I got, so I am looking for advice on this one. I'd appreciate your help very much!

bainsgagan13

Jul 11, 2018
Hello All,
Just wanted to share some good news. Finally!
1) Applied on Sept 17 (Non-SDS)
Refusal recd. on Sept 27.
2) Re-applied on Oct 4 (Non-SDS)
Refusal recd. on 21 Oct.
3) Re-applied on Nov 4 (SDS)
Recd. PPR on Dec 2.
Hope this is good!

A strong SOP is very helpful. And also I recommend showing your other financials apart from GIC in SDS. Other financials also help!
Hope nothing goes wrong now! *fingers crossed*
More details about my application:
BComm completed in 2018 (no backlogs)
Started working 2018 at HSBC Bank for 2 years. Later joined Wells Fargo Bank for 1 year. Currently working at State Street Bank.
The refusal reasons were same both the times:
1) I am not satisfied you will leave Canada......
2) The purpose of your visit is not Consistent......
3) Your proposed study is not reasonable in light of your previous studies and qualifications......

Also note, I had an EE profile as well. I mentioned in all my SOPs as follows;
"I currently have an application submitted for Permanent Residency through the Express Entry System under the Federal Skilled Workers program.
If for whatever reason, my permanent residency application is refused, I fully intend to exit Canada when my study permit expires. If I’m refused a Study Permit, I will miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to study at one of the most prestigious universities in the world and I would not be able to gain the knowledge and experience that I so desperately crave."

Please give all the info in SOP and do not hide anything. I gave all the info and re-applied for the third time. Please don't get demotivated and stressed. I know I was stressed and demotivated a lot. lol. But try not to at least.

If you guys require any more info or help, please send me a mail at parth7aug@gmail.com
Thanks for sharing! Do you have the date for when your medical got updated? I applied on November 10 and my medical got updated on November 23. Just trying to make sense of how long it takes to get decisions after the medical gets updated.

parth7aug

Dec 12, 2021
Hi @parth7aug! Thank you for your explanation and insights! Me and a lot of other people will find them helpful, for sure, so thank you! :)

It seems to me that the major improvement on your application was your SOP as you did not submit any more additional documents or change your work / life situation in any way. This is encouraging as it shows that it is possible to just explain everything to the VO.

I'd like to ask you one more question. How did you specifically address this reason of refusal: "Your proposed study is not reasonable in light of your previous studies and qualification"? You mentioned earlier that you have completed several years of work in banking after school or after your Bachelor degree? Which program did you apply for in Canada? And how did you justify your program if it looked suspicious to the VO?

I am particularly interested in this because this is exactly the reason of refusal I got, so I am looking for advice on this one. I'd appreciate your help very much!
I've studied BComm. (commerce) in India. And the course I took is professional accounting practice. It's completely reasonable and relevant to my past studies. I explained it more as I worked in Banks in the accounting departments and handled the accounts and reconciliations of various clients and also the internal bank accounts. And also I explained that I worked in my father's firm and worked under him during audits/company audits/ filing income taxes of clients. So I used my work experience in a way to justify that my course is completely relevant given my past qualifications and work experience.
Upon completion of the course, it would help me get back to India and take over my father's firm and expand the firm on an international level.
And also earlier I mentioned that my father would be retiring a year, so I definitely have to take over the firm and come back to India.
I praised the college as its one of the best colleges in the country and the skills and experience that I will gain there would help me back in India.

Reactions: parrots

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I've studied BComm. (commerce) in India. And the course I took is professional accounting practice. It's completely reasonable and relevant to my past studies. I explained it more as I worked in Banks in the accounting departments and handled the accounts and reconciliations of various clients and also the internal bank accounts. And also I explained that I worked in my father's firm and worked under him during audits/company audits/ filing income taxes of clients. So I used my work experience in a way to justify that my course is completely relevant given my past qualifications and work experience.
Upon completion of the course, it would help me get back to India and take over my father's firm and expand the firm on an international level.
And also earlier I mentioned that my father would be retiring a year, so I definitely have to take over the firm and come back to India.
I praised the college as its one of the best colleges in the country and the skills and experience that I will gain there would help me back in India.
was the processing time for your approved reapplication faster than your OG application (the first time you applied)? Basically, I want to know if reapplications are processed faster than those that have no record with IRCC.

parth7aug

Dec 12, 2021
was the processing time for your approved reapplication faster than your OG application (the first time you applied)? Basically, I want to know if reapplications are processed faster than those that have no record with IRCC.
Below are the timelines:
1. Non-SDS
Applied on 17 Sept. Got a refusal on 27 Sept
Timeline: 10 days.
2. Non-SDS
Applied on 04 Oct. Got refusal on 21 Oct
Timeline: 16 days
3. SDS
Applied on 04 November. Got approved on 02 Dec
Timeline: 28 days.

It was relatively quick compared to the news that I was hearing that it's taking more than 2-3 months for a decision.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Below are the timelines:
1. Non-SDS
Applied on 17 Sept. Got a refusal on 27 Sept
Timeline: 10 days.
2. Non-SDS
Applied on 04 Oct. Got refusal on 21 Oct
Timeline: 16 days
3. SDS
Applied on 04 November. Got approved on 02 Dec
Timeline: 28 days.

It was relatively quick compared to the news that I was hearing that it's taking more than 2-3 months for a decision.
that's insanely fast. Are SPs + SoWPs processed that fast as well right now?

Ayb123

Aug 11, 2022
Category........
STUDY
Yesterday I received a biometrics instruction letter .. I have already given biometrics on june24 and my first and second visa application was rejected. Do I need to give biometrics again..please reply?

parth7aug

Dec 12, 2021
Yesterday I received a biometrics instruction letter .. I have already given biometrics on june24 and my first and second visa application was rejected. Do I need to give biometrics again..please reply?
No. Your initial biometrics is valid for 10 years. IRCC will give you a letter mentioning that the biometrics is valid for 10 years. You can use that document this time as well and it will be updated in your profile.

Ayb123

Aug 11, 2022
Category........
STUDY
No. Your initial biometrics is valid for 10 years. IRCC will give you a letter mentioning that the biometrics is valid for 10 years. You can use that document this time as well and it will be updated in your profile.
Thank you for replying soon. I have sent a web form stating the reasons and attached the biometrics validation letter that received in the gc key portal. Hoping it's enough.

ARN95

Dec 2, 2022
Hii all I am from India
Got admission for fall season in Ottawa University for undergraduate courses in biomedical sciences.
Visa processing done : 19 June 2022
Biometrics : 23 June 2022.
Medical pass message : 16 July 2022...
No visa till sept end so took differed admission for JAN 2023 winter.

Already waiting since 6 month for visa.
Now University immigration consultants saying re apply for quick visa processing..
...do anyone has any idea about this ?
Is this reapplying thing working ?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hii all I am from India
Got admission for fall season in Ottawa University for undergraduate courses in biomedical sciences.
Visa processing done : 19 June 2022
Biometrics : 23 June 2022.
Medical pass message : 16 July 2022...
No visa till sept end so took differed admission for JAN 2023 winter.

Already waiting since 6 month for visa.
Now University immigration consultants saying re apply for quick visa processing..
...do anyone has any idea about this ?
Is this reapplying thing working ?
Hi @ARN95! It looks like the processing time of your SP application has exceeded 26 weeks. This is longer than the average delayed processing time of 20 weeks this year. Have you tried sending the webforms to the IRCC to inquire about the status of your application? Are you the only applicant or do you have family members with you on your application as well?

By "quick visa processing", do you mean the SDS Stream? If yes, it has not been a guarantee of fast processing this year. In fact, if you look back through this forum, you will see that most of applicants who got their decisions quick enough were those who applied under non-SDS category.

In any case, even if you withdraw your current application and submit the new one (via SDS or non-SDS does not matter really at this point), you won't get your decision on time before January 2023 semester for sure. So, I would suggest you to ask for a deferred admission from your university to the next available semester (probably September 2023) and wait on the decision from the IRCC on your current application. There is not much you can do about it except sending a webform to the IRCC.

The IRCC has promised to clear all 2022 SP applications until the end of this year, so there is a chance that you will get your decision soon. I would not advice you to withdraw your application and start a new one. It won't help you right now. Better deal with your university with regards to deferral.

Good luck to you!

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Thank you for replying soon. I have sent a web form stating the reasons and attached the biometrics validation letter that received in the gc key portal. Hoping it's enough.

Hi @Ayb123!

Yes, it is enough, rest assured. The IRCC will definitely receive your webform request and they will attach the information you provided them with to your file. I know this from experience as I have seen all of my webform requests being reflected in my GCMS notes - they were attached to my file on time and were noted by the immigration officers.

In your case, the officers know that you do not need to give your biometrics again, so just leave it at that. The rest is just the mistakes of the automated system, they will be corrected later on your profile.

For your peace of mind, you can check the status of your biometrics here: https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery
If you can see the validity of your biometrics here, it means that the IRCC has also received your biometrics and knows you do not have to submit it again.

Cheers!

Last edited: