Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting.. ( In Process since October 24th )..Decision made on November 4th
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Are there any April and March applicants still waiting for their decisions? Or are only May applicants waiting while IRCC are using their reversed clock and are dealing with June and July applications? :rolleyes:
My nephew applied on April 30th from India Under SDS and is still waiting.

• Sad
Reactions: parrots

Legcy

Sep 6, 2022
File submitted sds
June 16/22
medical we dont need a medical we let you know once this changes done from previous application still valid
eligibility not started
Background check in progress
Biometrixs done in dec 2021 from previous application

When can i expect PPR ?

runm

Aug 26, 2022
Medical was done /Updated Sept 2
File initially submitted July 5
BVL a day early and today PPR
so total 2 months/60 days

Question, now that we already differed, can the same visa be used to come in Jan?
We raised a web form today and let ircc know about the differ. Not sure how to know where the application is processed, there are only 3 options for India we saw but do you know if applied from Kolkata where does it go? How to check?
thanks!
From which Visa Office did you get your PPR? CPC Edmonton or CPC Ottawa?

runm

Aug 26, 2022
Medical was done /Updated Sept 2
File initially submitted July 5
BVL a day early and today PPR
so total 2 months/60 days

Question, now that we already differed, can the same visa be used to come in Jan?
We raised a web form today and let ircc know about the differ. Not sure how to know where the application is processed, there are only 3 options for India we saw but do you know if applied from Kolkata where does it go? How to check?
thanks!
As far as I know, go to the last page of your ppr letter and check the visa office name (Sincerely…). Your application was processed at that Visa Office.

harthsiddh

Sep 9, 2022
Voila!! Your prayers worked man :)

Just received PPR today.
Total days taken by ircc are 45 days..from file lodge till today PPR letter.

-------------

My Non-SDS timeline (fall intake)

File re-lodged - 22nd july
4 week silence...
Biometric update: 20th August
Medical request: 24th August
Medical exam : 25th August
Medical passed: 29th August

5th September Review eligibility started. (We are reviewing your eligibility

BVL received: 6th September.
PPR received: 1:00 AM of 7th September.
Hi,
I have got my application rejected today due to the following reason.
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I have been following your thread and I am in a same situation as you and in a dilemma how to re-apply.

Please help me in answering following queries.
1. First time I applied in SDS, should I apply for NON-SDS second time now after rejection?
2. What are the changes that you made in your application, since yours was successful in the second time, Probably I might follow the same.
3. Any other tips to make my decision come quickly because I won't get any refund if my decision is delayed beyound Dec'1st 2022

Please help me out

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey family applicants! The processing time for Work Permits has been reduced from 44 weeks to 33 weeks for India and from 18 to 16 weeks for China. Since we are in our 18th week of processing, this news, probably, only proves my point that the IRCC are not processing the family applications based on the work permits, but simply delay the family applications on a case by case basis depending on the IRCC reasoning. However, this is a great news, especially for India as a reduction in time is huge! :D

Arya4

Nov 13, 2021
Hi,
I really want to thank the community, which kept me updated though this waiting period(90 days).
I believe, I was one of the worst cases:
1. Approx. 8 years study gap
2. Applied to a college for Post Graduate diploma in field different from my Graduation degree.
3. Already working as Senior position in the field for which i had applied for PGD.

Here is my timeline:
Application Category: SDS
Applied: 14 June
Biometrics Updated: 21 June
Medical Updated: 20 August
PPR: 10 September.
Just to add on, I never received any ghost updates; nor any change in my eligibility, background check or decision till PPR; even when medical was updated i didn't receive any message.

May each one of you get a positive response.

harthsiddh

Sep 9, 2022
Hi,
I really want to thank the community, which kept me updated though this waiting period(90 days).
I believe, I was one of the worst cases:
1. Approx. 8 years study gap
2. Applied to a college for Post Graduate diploma in field different from my Graduation degree.
3. Already working as Senior position in the field for which i had applied for PGD.

Here is my timeline:
Application Category: SDS
Applied: 14 June
Biometrics Updated: 21 June
Medical Updated: 20 August
PPR: 10 September.
Just to add on, I never received any ghost updates; nor any change in my eligibility, background check or decision till PPR; even when medical was updated i didn't receive any message.

May each one of you get a positive response.
Hi,
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I have a very similar profile as you.
1. Having 7 Years Work Experience
2. Applied for a PG 1 year course in a field which is slightly related to me
3. Applied in SDS from India.

Timeline is also very similar as you.
Applied : June 11
Medical : Aug 12
Refusal : Sep 10
Only when you got an approval on Sep 10, Unfortunately I have got a refusal.

Could you please help me with the SOP or any other supporting documents which could have gotten you the Study Permit.
Anything would be really helpful. Thanks

• Sad

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
Hey family applicants! The processing time for Work Permits has been reduced from 44 weeks to 33 weeks for India and from 18 to 16 weeks for China. Since we are in our 18th week of processing, this news, probably, only proves my point that the IRCC are not processing the family applications based on the work permits, but simply delay the family applications on a case by case basis depending on the IRCC reasoning. However, this is a great news, especially for India as a reduction in time is huge! :D
Any idea what is the average processing time for family applications this year in case of SP + SOWP + Kid, all applied together in one application?
It seems this update is not available anywhere, maybe I am not unable to locate.

Arya4

Nov 13, 2021
Hi,

Could you please help me with the SOP or any other supporting documents which could have gotten you the Study Permit.
I assume, it depends on what type course it was, its potential in your home country(not Canada/international market) and how just the cost of study wrt to that. I would suggest get GCMS notes before reworking on your SOP. You can PM if you need more help.

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Hi,

Hey, maybe I can help as well. Similar boat as you and @Arya4.

• 7 years of work experience
  • Graduated in 2017 instead of 2015 because of five backlogs
  • I've worked in Dubai + have a sister who is a permanent resident in Canada. This means it's tough for me to prove familial ties to India
  • I applied for Express Entry in 2021 and then pulled out because I decided to go through the 'student' route​
I applied for my visa on the 27th of May (India, SDS) and got my PPR on the 16th of August.

Reach out if you need any input but I agree with @Arya4; you should get your GCMS notes.

Good luck.