+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
URGENT Trying to help a friend.

Study visa is to applied from the regular IRCC portal right?

Or is there a new portal (like there is currently for visitor visa)?

Djangounchained

Sep 2, 2021
My Non-SDS timeline (fall intake)

File re-lodged - 22nd july
4 week silence...
Biometric update: 20th August
Medical request: 24th August
Medical exam : 25th August
Medical passed: 29th August
No updates after that ....again silence.

Classes start on 6th September , though my college Conestoga offered me remote study till 31 December 2022.
If they send u medical request in non sds , then this is a positive sign , u will get ur visa. Jst pray
And i m sure canada will not give u a chance to be in ur bycot list ;)

Reactions: Abhisms0

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
And about the two application thing. As I observed, it is very common now to submit additional applications even though the IRCC says you should only have one. And some of them do result in a faster result.
Hmm.. I think it is very risky as I guess many more result in delays or punishments as it is said by IRCC that they may refuse applicants based on applying multiple times.

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
If they send u medical request in non sds , then this is a positive sign , u will get ur visa. Jst pray
And i m sure canada will not give u a chance to be in ur bycot list ;)
Haha,,, I'm already crossed the frustration limits..
Honestly, its hell hard to pay the big loan EMI while sitting in India..my whole month salary going in it..not able to give money to my mom dad also from last 2 months to run the house..its really become depressed at home.
But i still pray for those guys whose situations are worst than mine. I hope they all get visa asap.

Meghna001

Jul 10, 2022
1. It will depend on your DLI. My wife's college replied the very same day and the day after, they sent her the updated LOA.

2. Even though the "arriving with no more than 28 days" condition is no longer there, every advice I've read points to avoid arriving with more than one month of anticipation. For example, I've read that if you arrive 3 months early, the VO might ask you for additional funds to support yourself. In short, arriving too early might open yourself up to additional questions by the VO.
My DLI offered me the september intake only since they had one seat left. It worked for me in a way since this was what I had applied for originally. I have one problem though, and I have tried calling the DLI multiple times on this, but all in vain. All calls and mails go unanswered for 4-5 days. The timeline here is very crucial for me. I received my stamped passport today, i.e 5th September 2022. The classes begin on 7th September 2022. I asked the DLI if I can begin the classes online, or if I can come a week or two later than the start date since I received my visa just a couple days back. I have not heard back from them yet, its been 5 days. The one reply I got from the customer service desk was that 20th September 2022 is the last date of registration and selecting the timetable so I might have until then to reach Canada, but again no definite answer.
I have almost booked my flight in the third week of September. I am worried if there’s any potential hinderance that might come up from the college’s side because of this extreme delay in communicating and responding to my queries. Does anyone have any clue or idea what I could do?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
My DLI offered me the september intake only since they had one seat left. It worked for me in a way since this was what I had applied for originally. I have one problem though, and I have tried calling the DLI multiple times on this, but all in vain. All calls and mails go unanswered for 4-5 days. The timeline here is very crucial for me. I received my stamped passport today, i.e 5th September 2022. The classes begin on 7th September 2022. I asked the DLI if I can begin the classes online, or if I can come a week or two later than the start date since I received my visa just a couple days back. I have not heard back from them yet, its been 5 days. The one reply I got from the customer service desk was that 20th September 2022 is the last date of registration and selecting the timetable so I might have until then to reach Canada, but again no definite answer.
I have almost booked my flight in the third week of September. I am worried if there’s any potential hinderance that might come up from the college’s side because of this extreme delay in communicating and responding to my queries. Does anyone have any clue or idea what I could do?
If your classes start in two days and you already have a Visa, I would advise you to try and travel as soon as possible. Only your DLI can tell you if they will allow you to start studying online or if they allow you to arrive after the classes have started. No one here can tell you what will happen.

Good luck!!!

Reactions: parrots

Sunny2022

Jun 1, 2022
My SDS timeline
Medical Upfront - 22nd June 2022
File Lodged - 25th June 2022
Biometric submitted & updated on 29th June 2022
No updates after that!
It's almost 10 weeks but no update!
Review Eligibility is yet to be started!
Any idea by when I would receive response?:(:(

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022

4 week silence...

5th September Review eligibility started. (We are reviewing your eligibility.)

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
Most colleges allowing late arrivals yo attend college till 19th or 20th september.
My college is Conestoga College, kitchener... And they allowed 19th September last date for late arrivals.
And 31st December 2022 for students chosen online mode.

RealMike101

Jul 22, 2022

4 week silence...

5th September Review eligibility started. (We are reviewing your eligibility.)
Be expecting good news in coming days… I’m still experiencing full silence on my re-lodge application.

Well I have decided to register for online classes with my university while waiting for whatever decision come from IRCC; because I have no interest in deferment.

phoenix197

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
23-10-2021
Med's Done....
09-05-2022
It's really a stressful situation now... The lodge date was 25th May and the medical isn't updated yet, however, my wife's medical got updated on the 5th of July. Only biometrics is updated on the 1st of June. What should be done now apart from waiting? I've mailed to the immigration department a week before but still no response. Kindly give in your opinions about handling this situation.

• Sad
Reactions: thuyle1905

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
It's really a stressful situation now... The lodge date was 25th May and the medical isn't updated yet, however, my wife's medical got updated on the 5th of July. Only biometrics is updated on the 1st of June. What should be done now apart from waiting? I've mailed to the immigration department a week before but still no response. Kindly give in your opinions about handling this situation.
Almost similar timeline. Applied on 24th May - SP + SOWP + Kid VV.
Only medical update on 5th july for spouse.
Requested for deferral a week back, awaiting response.
More than IRCC now, it's college's delay in responding that is causing more frustration.

I would suggest applying for deferral and wait for IRCC update.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
For us it is still the same as you. My medical was updated (June 29), my husband's application is without any updates whatsoever, even his biometrics still reads "we have not received your biometrics". We're May 8 applicants. Well, at least you and us know that we are not alone.

Sach_shres

Mar 30, 2022
(Non-sds)
Application submitted: 1st June
Medical passed: 6th June
Biometrics updated: 6th June
Eligibility: Still reviewing (it's been stuck on reviewing for at least a month now)
No need for additional documents or interview.
Background check: Processing
Final Decision: In progress

I haven't seen any change in my application for over a month now. My classes start tmrw and here I am, still unsure of when I'll get my visa. Haven't booked a flight either. 14 weeks and counting, I'm getting exceedingly stressed out now as I don't want to miss out on half a year or more of studies. I'm just stuck in limbo....