+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
When was the biometric updated on whic date?
My Non-SDS timeline (fall intake)

File re-lodged - 22nd july
4 week silence...
Biometric update: 20th August
Medical request: 24th August
Medical exam : 25th August
Medical passed: 29th August
No updates after that ....again silence.

Classes start on 6th September , though my college Conestoga offered me remote study till 31 December 2022.

RealMike101

Jul 22, 2022
My Non-SDS timeline (fall intake)

File re-lodged - 22nd july
4 week silence...
Biometric update: 20th August
Medical request: 24th August
Medical exam : 25th August
Medical passed: 29th August
No updates after that ....again silence.

Classes start on 6th September , though my college Conestoga offered me remote study till 31 December 2022.
Congratulations in advance, with this timeline, your chances of getting your PPR is 95%

If you can tell me; what happened to your first application? If it was refused, what is the refusal reason?

Because I also re-lodge my application on 26th August, as my first application was refused on the note that: The officer was not satisfied if I had answered all questions truthfully. (I just don’t understand )

Reactions: Abhisms0

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
Congratulations in advance, with this timeline, your chances of getting your PPR is 95%

If you can tell me; what happened to your first application? If it was refused, what is the refusal reason?

Because I also re-lodge my application on 26th August, as my first application was refused on the note that: The officer was not satisfied if I had answered all questions truthfully. (I just don’t understand )
Hoping for the best for everyone including myself.
I got refused for 2 reasons.
1. Temporary stay is not consistent.
2. Proposed study are not reasonable in light of one or more factors: qualification, establishment, financial, language abilities, future goals and plans.

RealMike101

Jul 22, 2022
Hoping for the best for everyone including myself.
I got refused for 2 reasons.
1. Temporary stay is not consistent.
2. Proposed study are not reasonable in light of one or more factors: qualification, establishment, financial, language abilities, future goals and plans.
During your first application they didn’t request for medical exam and now they did. You have high chances. I wish you and myself best of luck. Keep us updated here.

Fifi22

Aug 20, 2022
Hi Everyone! I applied REALLY late for SDS considering it was taking more than a month to get approvals for my country. However, I got an approval within 15days. Timeline below:
Application Submitted: 16th Aug
Biometrics done and updated: 19th Aug
Eligibility and Background Check started: 22nd Aug
PPr approval: 2nd Sept

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
During your first application they didn’t request for medical exam and now they did. You have high chances. I wish you and myself best of luck. Keep us updated here.
In my 2nd application my medical got expired but upfront medical was valid in my first application..maybe that's why they didn't asked...or maybe what you said is also right that maybe they will approve that's why they want re-medical as we cannot travel with expired medical.

RealMike101

Jul 22, 2022
In my 2nd application my medical got expired but upfront medical was valid in my first application..maybe that's why they didn't asked...or maybe what you said is also right that maybe they will approve that's why they want re-medical as we cannot travel with expired medical.
Right, because during my first application, i waited for 2months and some days, but they didn’t asked me for medical exam, so when they ask for medical exam, is really a green light

RealMike101

Jul 22, 2022
Hi Everyone! I applied REALLY late for SDS considering it was taking more than a month to get approvals for my country. However, I got an approval within 15days. Timeline below:
Big congratulations…

I hope to have this good news soon, I don’t really want to study my Master Degree again in China .. I need to explore. ☺

Reactions: Fifi22

SaltedFish

Sep 2, 2022
Hi everyone. I have been reading posts on this forum for a long time now (Ever since I submitted my application). Thought would be best to post my timeline here for everyone.

SDS:
Submitted: June 8th
Biometrics: June 23rd
Med Passed: August 25th
Eligibility: Not Started
Background Check: Processing
Office: IRCC Edmonton

Non-SDS:
Submitted: August 29th
Med Passed: August 31st
Eligibility Started: August 31st
Office: IRCC Beijing
But since I got med update during midnight (I check my account everyday before I sleep and after I wake up), I am still wondering why.)

Really anxious rn tho, since my residence says that if I become a part-time student because of this delay, I will loose my residency because my residence (Chestnut Residence at UofT) does not provide service to part time students.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hi everyone. I have been reading posts on this forum for a long time now (Ever since I submitted my application). Thought would be best to post my timeline here for everyone.

SDS:
Submitted: June 8th
Biometrics: June 23rd
Med Passed: August 25th
Eligibility: Not Started
Office: IRCC Edmonton

Non-SDS:
Submitted: August 29th
Med Passed: August 31st
Eligibility Started: August 31st
Office: IRCC Beijing
But since I got med update during midnight (I check my account everyday before I sleep and after I wake up), I am still wondering why.)

Really anxious rn tho, since my residence says that if I become a part-time student because of this delay, I will loose my residency because my residence (Chestnut Residence at UofT) does not provide service to part time students.
Thanks for your post! How do you know which IRCC office is processing your application? And how come you have two applications at the same time if only one is allowed at a time?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Finally, the college replied yesterday saying Jan 2023 intake is full and they can only put us on the waitlist. What does that mean?

I also want to ask everyone who have gone through or going through deferrals. If I ask for Jan 2023 which is waitlisted, will I be still eligible for May 2023 intake or is it only one time I can ask? How to deal with deferral scenario at best?
Regarding being waitlisted, @parrots said it perfectly in her reply.

As for deferral policies, each DLI has its own. My wife's DLI allowed her to defer two times without any issues and they even told her, she could defer again and that any paid fees would carry to her new term. However, it seems most DLIs only allow one deferral, so ask your DLI and be completely sure about their rules. Ask them about how many times can you defer? What happens to the money you've paid? Ask them EVERYTHING.

About being waitlisted, know that in this scenario, you could receive an official acceptance any day, maybe even a few weeks before the start of the program. This means you will have to plan everything and buy tickets in a hurry. So, take it into consideration. Good luck!

Reactions: parrots

SaltedFish

Sep 2, 2022
Thanks for your post! How do you know which IRCC office is processing your application? And how come you have two applications at the same time if only one is allowed at a time?
I emailed IRCC Singapore to ask about my SDS one, and I called the call center yesterday hoping for an expressed decision (Cuz someone said they got one). They told me that they can not access my application status because it is not in Canada

SaltedFish

Sep 2, 2022
And about the two application thing. As I observed, it is very common now to submit additional applications even though the IRCC says you should only have one. And some of them do result in a faster result.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
What did you do. Do you have undergrad or post grad. Which province you going.