+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
1. So yes, I submitted, in-person, at VFS New Delhi on the 18th. 19th was a Friday, followed by the weekend, and then on Wednesday, 24th of Aug, I got the email to collect my passport.
2. I didn't read anything about having to visit a specific VFS. When I booked my appointment for the in-person submission, I was asked to choose a VFS from the drop-down on the VFS website. It didn't specify that I had to go to the same one where I submitted my biometrics. I chose the New Delhi VFS since it's a 45-minute drive from my place.
Thank you, this would help if there is a green light.

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
What is your full profile - current education and job, program applied to, family ties to Canada and home country, age etc.
my profile -
admitted for IT diploma in SAIT
Family ties in home country- 60,000CAD
family ties in Canada - GIC of 10,000CAD and first year fee paid
Age - 25
current education - high school
currently job - working in father's business in Pakistan (offer letter was attached in my SOP)
10th - 60%
12th- 60%
Ielts - 6.5
File - 12 july
Bio- 22 july Dec
Medical- upfront
Refused -23 aug

Last edited:

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
I'm really sorry to hear that, Ahmed. I don't know if this helps but I was in a similar boat as you. I also have a sister (married) who's been a Canadian PR for since 2018 and had applied for her citizenship a few weeks after I had applied for my SP. Of course, I did mention her in my 'Family information' form as well as how I intend to stay with her once I'm in Toronto.

I think my SOP was my savior here. I mentioned how I intend to move back to take care of my parents, both of whom are 60+ years old (truth is,I have another sister who lives with them, so I don't have to worry about them when I'm in Canada) and that I intend to start my own marketing agency once I'm back and how the place where my parents stay is an underserved market where my agency could do really good work for up and coming brands.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your advice. I did mention the exact same points you suggested in my SOP that my parents are in Pakistan and i have to look after them also, my family's properties in Pakistan and siblings. My brother is in Canada and has Canadian PR since 2018 and i mentioned him in my "family information" form I also added about my dad's business that i will come back and handle his business as he is near to retirement age and this program can help me improve his business. Still my application was refused, I still cant figure out that what is missing after mentioning all above points. Any helpful tip will highly apricated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my profile -
admitted for IT diploma in SAIT
Family ties in home country- 60,000CAD
family ties in Canada - GIC of 10,000CAD and first year fee paid
Age - 25
current education - high school
currently job - working in father's business in Pakistan (offer letter was attached in my SOP)
10th - 60%
12th- 60%
Ielts - 6.5
File - 12 july
Bio- 22 july Dec
Medical- upfront
Refused -23 aug
Order GCMS notes but a few things:
  • So you have no post secondary and applied for a diploma program at 25. Issue may be why study in Canada with high school education and 25. Why not in home country and then come for post graduate.
  • Your grades are low and assume they are 5+ years old. IRCC may be unsure if you can pass your courses.
  • Funds - are these your funds? At 25, should be showing your own.
  • Family business: This is a red flag for IRCC. You work for the family business and have a job offer? If so then you work for your family and have the job, so you don’t need to study in Canada. If taking over the family business then you have the job. Show how education will improve your career outside family business. You need to justify the costs of education with the job. So look at careers outside the business. How the pay will justify the cost.
  • Ties to home country - ties would be spouse and children. If single, IRCC sees you as mobile. Your ties are not your parents. Ties for you are investment/properties in your name (not father or family), job opportunities (not your family), spouse and children (if married).
Look at degree programs to show seriousness of study. However with grades not sure you would get admission.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Some good news came this morning. Finally got our approval!

SDS application - Philippines
SP + SOWP + SP Minor

Application received: May 4, 2022
Biometrics done: May 9, 2022
Upfront Medical done: Feb 28, 2022
Medical passed: July 8 and 21, 2022
Eligibility Review: Augus 22, 2022
BVL: August 22, 2022
PPR: August 22, 2022

In our case, eligibility, BVL and PPR all happened at once on the same day.

Took 111 days / 16 weeks for my family. Already deferred to January but it's good so we'll have time to prepare and get cheaper airfare.

wishing good luck for the rest of the applicants!

Awesome! :D Congratulations! You see, the Force did work wonders for you! :D And what a date 22.08.22! All the best to you and your family on your new journey!

I've been following you, as there are four of us May family applicants, so I was wondering who would get their decisions when. You've got your first! Today is exactly 15 weeks since biometrics for my family application, though, I have a feeling we won't get decision that soon.

Anyway, so glad to know that the wait is over for you and things are moving with IRCC in general :D

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I am a family applicant from India as well SP+SOWP+Minor SP, although my file was logged a bit later(July 1st), I am very curious to see how your timelines go. I have been following family applicants such as @Geet7 @parrots @mtosan out of which geet and mtson were approved with a timeline averaging to the work permit processing average from thier respective countries. And parrots is still pending while it has passed the 12 week deadline it is close to the 19 week WP avg. Just trying to put a logic behind and find patterns. I'm slightly worried that the family applications are being processed based on the WP processing avg time of the co applicant.
Let's hang tight and wishing us all best of luck at this moment.
Yes, exactly, I also relate to these guys @Geet7 @mtosan @phoenix197 @Ad123j and feel like we are in one group here. So, welcome to you @Pravee_S in our group :) Today is exactly 15 weeks since my family application biometrics and no updates. Yes, it definitely seems like the family applications are taking longer and might be processed based on the work permit timeline, though I am not entirely convinced by this theory, I think family applications just do take around 20 weeks. I don't believe families from India would have to wait 45 weeks. Yes, the best of luck to us all! :)

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Wow.. big congratulations to you, I think you can still try to talk with your university if they can re-defer back to this fall intake.

i wish myself best of luck , if I have no decision by 4th September, I have to also defer to 2023.
I like this so much! :D I wish my family application the best of luck as well!

Reactions: Geet7

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
My wife deferred from the Sep 22 term to the Jan 23 term but ended up receiving an approval in July. She spoke with her DLI to go back to the Sep 23 term but they said they could only put her on their wait-list. She decided to stay enrolled for the Jan 23 because being wait listed could mean to receive an updated LOA just a few days prior to the start of clasess, so you end up running and having to buy tickets with only a couple of days / weeks left.
Yes, very smart you guy!

therealme

Aug 3, 2022
Got PPR request todayy (SDS PAKISTAN)
Application Submitted: 9th july

Biometrics Completed: 13th july

Medical Completed: 29th june

Biometrics updated: 10th august

Medical updated: 5th august

Review of Eligibility started: 3rd august

Today received 2 emails on 2:27pm(PST)
BVL and PPR
WHAT? JULY? Many people in May/ June has not even received any updates from IRCC yet. This is totally absurd

therealme

Aug 3, 2022
But big W for you though I am considering submitting another application since they seem to not even care about the back logs anymore

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
But big W for you though I am considering submitting another application since they seem to not even care about the back logs anymore
I was advised to submit a new application because I had not received a decision in more than 17 weeks. I received a decision after 19 weeks so take into consideration that sometimes, it might be better to just wait a little longer... good luck in whatever you decide!

therealme

Aug 3, 2022
I was advised to submit a new application because I had not received a decision in more than 17 weeks. I received a decision after 19 weeks so take into consideration that sometimes, it might be better to just wait a little longer... good luck in whatever you decide!
thanks a lot! that really helps in times like this