+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

aliasgar.s01

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
My Goodness, this is excruciating! So sorry to hear that! I guess a lot of people have sad stories about their attempts at studies in Canada this year. Yes, definitely, this generation of students will go down in history as victims of circumstances. This is very sad.
Because of this experience, a lot of the students have now turned to the UK as it's much easier to get a visa & the quality of education is really good too.

Reactions: parrots and mtosan

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
@aliasgar.s01 - have you deferred? My uni is asking to raise a defer request .. my course have only next sept intake.. so another year lost + GIC money interest+ Tuition fee interest .. I think Uni should make an exception this time and start the classes late.

Reactions: parrots

aliasgar.s01

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
@aliasgar.s01 - have you deferred? My uni is asking to raise a defer request .. my course have only next sept intake.. so another year lost + GIC money interest+ Tuition fee interest .. I think Uni should make an exception this time and start the classes late.
I did. But then the uni gave me a 48hr extension.
If I get my visa in this duration then good, else they will defer.
They cannot postpone their course start date.. what they can do as a last resort is to extend the deferral deadline to as close to the course start date as possible.

afendaw

Jul 26, 2022
Chennai
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
19-05-2022
Has anyone received any ghost updates?

I received one the day before yesterday at approx. 3:15 PM IST when the site was back up after maintenance.

I received the second update yesterday at approx. the same time. The first one could have been a result of the maintenance but I don't know anymore. I'm desperate for any sign at all.

I applied on the 19th of May and Biometrics was submitted on the 24th. On Aug 2nd, Medicals was updated and Eligibility Review had also begun.

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022

I received one the day before yesterday at approx. 3:15 PM IST when the site was back up after maintenance.

I received the second update yesterday at approx. the same time. The first one could have been a result of the maintenance but I don't know anymore. I'm desperate for any sign at all.

I applied on the 19th of May and Biometrics was submitted on the 24th. On Aug 2nd, Medicals was updated and Eligibility Review had also begun.
Mine is stuck at background check not sure if i can make it or need to defer

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
The universities just should help 2022 students to defer to the next available semester or even two if necessary. I don't think they can start their programs later.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
My program don't have any Jan/may intake, it only again next Fall- Sept.
Oh, wow :( How about starting the program online, do they have this option? But I guess it's not ideal since in case of visa refusal the tuition fees will still need to be paid for the courses taken. This whole situation this year is absolutely unfair to students. The more honest way for Canada would be to tell everyone not to apply this year, or make a quota of students they can handle on time.

Reactions: afendaw

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
Oh, wow :( How about starting the program online, do they have this option? But I guess it's not ideal since in case of visa refusal the tuition fees will still need to be paid for the courses taken. This whole situation this year is absolutely unfair to students. The more honest way for Canada would be to tell everyone not to apply this year, or make a quota of students they can handle on time.
no online option for my course

• Sad
Reactions: parrots

Suzanne__MD96

Jun 25, 2022

you should get your result soon if you've started getting ghost updates... all the best!!

Reactions: afendaw