+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
thats unfortunate! just check the deferment rules for your college as well bec sometimes they dont let you defer for more than 8 months..
Yes, this thing also bothers me. I mean, how is it that it all falls on the students if their study permits are delayed for IRCC reasons. Shouldn't universities and colleges make exceptions for these students and defer their study programs to the next available term or even defer twice if necessary? If IRCC is not responsible for anything, learning institutions also wouldn't take responsibility and protect students, wouldn't there be a whole generation of 2022 lost students, who lost their places in colleges and universities irreversibly?

Suzanne__MD96

Jun 25, 2022
Yes, this thing also bothers me. I mean, how is it that it all falls on the students if their study permits are delayed for IRCC reasons. Shouldn't universities and colleges make exceptions for these students and defer their study programs to the next available term or even defer twice if necessary? If IRCC is not responsible for anything, learning institutions also wouldn't take responsibility and protect students, wouldn't there be a whole generation of 2022 lost students, who lost their places in colleges and universities irreversibly?
Yep i agree 100..% it's quite messed up - and to think we're leaving India for a better life :p

Reactions: parrots

Capricon90

Aug 9, 2022
Even i am in the same situation. But my agent informed to take another course which is more related to which i had already taken. I dont know exactly abt it. Any idea about it?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
does anyone know how long it usually takes from the moment an application for spousal open work permit is submitted? I know the website says it's 45 weeks for India, but anyone here with personal experience?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I wonder why my consultant suggested me to apply as a combined application in the first place saying that it almost takes the same time as the single application.
agents are crazy. my sister was advised to apply solo.

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Tell me about it,I had received admissions but my visa was delayed by a month.Uni did not allow deferral.I got stuck with valid study visa but no admissions.Now I have changed the uni and program and reapplied for the visa again.It's as if the entire world is against us.

• Sad
Reactions: afendaw and parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Tell me about it,I had received admissions but my visa was delayed by a month.Uni did not allow deferral.I got stuck with valid study visa but no admissions.Now I have changed the uni and program and reapplied for the visa again.It's as if the entire world is against us.
My Goodness, this is excruciating! So sorry to hear that! I guess a lot of people have sad stories about their attempts at studies in Canada this year. Yes, definitely, this generation of students will go down in history as victims of circumstances. This is very sad.

Reactions: Stringer_Bell_786

bengalliboy

Jul 28, 2015
I have a similar timeline to your friends for my SDS application:
File submitted: 1st July
Biometrics given: 7th July
Medical: not updated (Upfront medicals done: 2nd May)
Background check: in progress
Review of eligibility: in progress; will send a msg when start the review

Looking at the other pending timelines, doesn't look promising for Fall intake :(
I think we should raise a web form