+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

sidnov

Jul 16, 2022
Hi,
I've had a similar experience myself. Submitted my biometrics on 24th May but the status changed to "submitted" on 20th June.
There's two things, either there's a huge delay at VFS Mumbai because of which it is taking them a month to send the application to IRCC itself. Or maybe it's just a glitch & there's nothing to be concerned about.
If someone who has applied from Mumbai & has an update on their application could either confirm or deny this it would be helpful. Thanks.
Gave my biometrics on 8th July at VFS, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai, and it was updated almost instantly on my IRCC portal. The form status changed to submitted right after that, but no update since then.

Last edited:

User3010

Jul 16, 2022
Does anyone know about the difference in speed of passport return after stamping between premium courier and non premium offered by vfs india

How many of you have opted for the premium service

ssup2406

Star Member
Jul 7, 2022
Yes, everyone getting decision in 7-8 days in Non-sds..even the approved ones..The shocking part is one guy from my agency got visa in 2 days..like yesterday he filed and today he got approval letter or ppr.
Thanks for the reply, good luck to you in your application!

Reactions: Abhisms0

thuyle1905

Nov 4, 2021
Hello everyone, I have applied in SDS for September'22 Intake from India. Study Permit + SOWP + Kid
Applied - 24th May
Biometrics updated- 30th May
Medical updated only for Spouse on 5th July and not yet updated for primary applicant and kid. Is this normal?
Any idea in this case when will medical get updated for primary applicant and kid?

Any one else who is going through the same timeline?
Any idea when can I expect response from IRCC?
I applied on 26 May. My spouse medical passed on 5-Jul while myself passed on 11-Jul. You might be the same with mine.

devanshtakkar

Jul 14, 2022
Does anyone know about the difference in speed of passport return after stamping between premium courier and non premium offered by vfs india

How many of you have opted for the premium service
I have opted for premium service, they told me that they will get the passport stamped under a week for premium. although the main concern right now is timely visa approval because I haven't gotten any update since 30 May.

n@bz

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Hello everyone, I have applied in SDS for September'22 Intake from India. Study Permit + SOWP + Kid
Applied - 24th May
Biometrics updated- 30th May
Medical updated only for Spouse on 5th July and not yet updated for primary applicant and kid. Is this normal?
Any idea in this case when will medical get updated for primary applicant and kid?

Any one else who is going through the same timeline?
Any idea when can I expect response from IRCC?
Mine is having a small similarity
Study permit:
App submited - Sep 28th
Medical done - 20th april(upfrnt)
Medical passed - Dec 30th
bio - done from previous application
Medical expired
Re Medical without request - May 17 2022
Medical passed - May 23
BVL from Abu Dhabi office - July 5

Spouse OWP:
App submited - Sep 28th