+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

ssup2406

Star Member
Jul 7, 2022
@Pradeep_Raj_24 @Suzanne__MD96 please do keep us updated on the progress of your applications in this thread, it will be especially useful for me since I am waiting for Quebec's approval before even applying for the study permit, I wish to spot if the folks at IRCC speed things up. Good luck to everyone!

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
haha i am hoping they stick to their 8 weeks timeline..
Wait, an 8-week timeline for student permits? I thought it was 12 weeks. From most of the pages and Youtube channels that I'm following, it seems people who applied between the 10-20th of April are getting their visas. So, guess the timeline is 10-12 weeks approx. I applied on the 27th of May; so I guess I should ideally get my decision by the end of Aug

Suzanne__MD96

Jun 25, 2022
ye
Wait, an 8-week timeline for student permits? I thought it was 12 weeks. From most of the pages and Youtube channels that I'm following, it seems people who applied between the 10-20th of April are getting their visas. So, guess the timeline is 10-12 weeks approx. I applied on the 27th of May; so I guess I should ideally get my decision by the end of Aug
yes its supposedly 12 weeks but someone i know in IRCC said (again i really hope its true and he wasnt just saying it to make me happy) - that they will speed up since they know many folks are coming in sept....

CeceKash

Jun 15, 2022
Hey Everyone, I applied under SDS from Trinidad & Tobago (application to approval took 18 days).

Applied - June 18th
Biometrics Uploaded - June 20th
Eligibility Review - Didn't see this started at all
Approval - July 6th
Intake - Sept 2022
congratulations and all the best

AviralSharma

Jun 3, 2022
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2022
A vast majority of students get their visas in July and IRCC scales operations to some extent to make this possible.. Lets hope its true.
Hopefully, also the processing times stated on ircc website is a backward-looking metric from historical data. It's the time it took to process 80% of the applications in the recent past. Hoping it is less for those who applied in May-June. April 20th applications are already getting their PPRs

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
Hi,
My non-sds visa got rejected.
Applied on 30th june
Biometric - 6th July
Decision - 8th July (early morning 1:00 am)

Can anyone tell me why they refused it by reading my points .. I'm not getting what exactly they meant.

<VO Reply>

I am refusing
your application.

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more: your qualifications,
previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment/available financial
resources, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation.. etc etc.

------------------

Please tell me what to improve now?? And should I apply for SDS now or Non-SDS only as they giving decisions in 8 days only..some students got approved also through my agency in 7 days via Non-SDS.

Please help guys..i took loan and I am in stress now.. September 2022 intake.

CeceKash

Jun 15, 2022
Hi,
Applied on 30th june
Biometric - 6th July

Can anyone tell me why they refused it by reading my points .. I'm not getting what exactly they meant.

<VO Reply>

I am refusing
your application.

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more: your qualifications,
previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment/available financial

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can

------------------

Please tell me what to improve now?? And should I apply for SDS now or Non-SDS only as they giving decisions in 8 days only..some students got approved also through my agency in 7 days via Non-SDS.

Your decision was really quick ey, it is good because you still have time to reapply and get it.

It is sad but don't wing it and just reapply...
Review your SOP and your additional documents. Your previous qualification should atleast be linked to your current pursuit, financial support, family ties etc.

Just do your best and you will definitely get it the second round. All the best.

Reactions: Pradeep_Raj_24
Jul 6, 2022
Hi,
Applied on 30th june
Biometric - 6th July

<VO Reply>

I am refusing
your application.

------------------

Sorry to hear that. I was refused in my 1st attempt too (non SDS) So I opted for SDS this time
Enhance your SOP. Justify and reassure the VO that you're a temporary student. That you have ties back home
As for your second point, only you would know. Is your IELTS score low? Did you include proof of work experience? Certificates for education? Did you include a GIC?
From what Ive heard, non SDS gets a lot of rejections, even with a good profile
But please try again, with improvements. Good luck!

Reactions: Abhisms0

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
Provide some details. Is there any Gap or insufficient funds or who was sponsoring. Are you in Job ?
Yes, I feel visa officer rejected because I have done Btech in computer science passed in 2019 and I had chosen "social media marketing" 1 year pg diploma from Conestoga College.
Also i showed work experience from 2019 till now as a "digital media executive".

Maybe this is the reason i feel i got rejected..due to irrelevant course choice.