+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

aliasgar.s01

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
True that! I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I logged into my GCKey account and saw an actual update after two literal months of radio silence. It was just my medicals that were updated but it still felt like a small victory. As for the Telegram groups and the YT channels of people posting about the latest PPRs, it seems they're still attending to those who applied at the end of April and, for some weird random reason, the 21st of May.

I'm probably going to be in full panic mode at the end of August (since I've applied for Jan'23 and I'm hoping I don't get rejected in my first attempt) but I really hope all Sep22 peeps get their permits on time.
When did you apply?

phoenix197

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
23-10-2021
Med's Done....
09-05-2022
True that
My biometrics are still not updated
They only show on top right enrollment but it still says we need your fingerprints
You could contact the VFS Office, and let them know about this matter or simply raise a web form.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
True that! I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I logged into my GCKey account and saw an actual update after two literal months of radio silence. It was just my medicals that were updated but it still felt like a small victory. As for the Telegram groups and the YT channels of people posting about the latest PPRs, it seems they're still attending to those who applied at the end of April and, for some weird random reason, the 21st of May.

I'm probably going to be in full panic mode at the end of August (since I've applied for Jan'23 and I'm hoping I don't get rejected in my first attempt) but I really hope all Sep22 peeps get their permits on time.
Yes, there are accounts of some people still waiting from February for their decisions. My guess is that those older applications are moved aside so as not to disturb the statistics of the new ones and will be addresses at random. This is all very sad really. But you seem to have plenty of time till Jan '23, five whole months to go, there is no way you won't make it on time (or so they say :D ;) :rolleyes:) I have deferred my start date to Winter 2023, good luck to us! :) And to everybody! :)

Reactions: Mayank_Choudhary

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
You could contact the VFS Office, and let them know about this matter or simply raise a web form.
Both, honestly, won't make any difference. Visa offices do not have any more information than applicants do and the IRCC will simply send you an automated response 1-2 months later stating that they can not process the applications normally and will thank you for your patience.

permitseeker

Aug 3, 2022
Applied submitted on 17 May
Biometrics competed on 23 May
Medical exam was done on 18th April at CDC, Mumbai
Medicals updated on 28th July
SDS- September intake
Hello - I literally created an account to let you know that you and I have an identical timeline:
Applied on 17 May
Biometrics completed on 30 May
Medical exam done on 30 April at Max, New Delhi
Medicals updated on 28th July
SDS- September intake

Please let me know if you hear back with a passport request!

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
Hi,
Do you think sending a webform acts as a reminder that we are waiting for result? Should I raise webform for medical update atleast?

Hamza555

Star Member
Jul 20, 2022
Hi,
Do you think sending a webform acts as a reminder that we are waiting for result? Should I raise webform for medical update atleast?
Nope there is an technical issue that’s why it not being updated
Once they give the decision everything will update together so no need to worry

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
Nope there is an technical issue that’s why it not being updated
Once they give the decision everything will update together so no need to worry
Thanks!!
Tickets are so expensive don't know what to do. Ticket price is equal to a semester's fees. :p
File was lodged on 24th may. Already 11th week started. I have no idea how long I should wait before asking college for defer.

However, I have more sympathy towards applications which were filed before like in March, April and still waiting. :(
I totally agree with the above threads that it should have been mentioned on cic website right from the start that processing time is minimum 12 weeks not 20 sds days. This is absolutely bizarre to update students about the processing time from ircc after filing the applications.

Hamza555

Star Member
Jul 20, 2022
Thanks!!
Tickets are so expensive don't know what to do. Ticket price is equal to a semester's fees. :p
File was lodged on 24th may. Already 11th week started. I have no idea how long I should wait before asking college for defer.

However, I have more sympathy towards applications which were filed before like in March, April and still waiting. :(
I totally agree with the above threads that it should have been mentioned on cic website right from the start that processing time is minimum 12 weeks not 20 sds days. This is absolutely bizarre to update students about the processing time from ircc after filing the applications.
Yupp tickets are so expensiveee
I applied on 9th july
But processing time in pakistan is a little fast so hoping to receive it in 3rd week of aug

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
Hey guys,
I applied on 19th April 2022(SDS), everything got updated, I got my refusal on the 28th July 2022.
I reapplied again on 1st Aug 2022, Today my Biometrics got updated. this time it’s NON SDS.
Mu deadline is 14th Aug, Anyone thinks it’s a possible task to get before that? FROM INDIA.
Yes, Non SDS giving decisions in 7 to 10 days only in India, super fast service.
If all documented well.

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
I did raise a web form and i guess it is enough, i emailed the embassy they replied saying your application has been processed at cpc edmonton
Can you please give me email address, my biometrics not updated, I have re-applied with new GcKey to prevent my application in stuck in old applicant directory.
But my biometrics not updating in my new gckey its been 10 days. I have already raised webform no response.. please provide any e-mail address

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
A bunch of PPRs have come in to people who applied on the 21st of May. It's such a funny coincidence it's not like only a couple from 21st and the rest are from across May. Nope, a boatload of PPRs of 21st May applicants.

Reactions: afendaw