+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
When did they apply ? Are they doing anything to get it 2 weeks faster
No. My cousins got their decisions in 10ish weeks and they did nothing. Each of them had complicated work experiences across countries. SDS was always supposed to have a turnaround time of 25ish days in general.

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
When did they apply ? Are they doing anything to get it 2 weeks faster
OK, I'll say this again. No, two of my cousins, who applied in April and May of this year, got their visas in 10 weeks. They applied via SDS (India) and submitted all the documents they felt were necessary. That's all. They got their decisions before the given 12 weeks processing time. Similarly, there are plenty of people who applied in the first week of May getting their decisions now, somewhat 10 weeks from the day they applied.

Some just get lucky, I guess, since I don't think anyone knows how IRCC is processing files.

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Check this out:

As per then the backlog till July 17th has increased.. not a good sign.
It's a consequence of the post-pandemic tourist boom. There are so many videos and articles about how the major airports inside Canada are jam-packed with people because this is apparently a great time for people to visit the otherwise freezing cold country of Canada. Hence the rise in temporary visas.

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
It's a consequence of the post-pandemic tourist boom. There are so many videos and articles about how the major airports inside Canada are jam-packed with people because this is apparently a great time for people to visit the otherwise freezing cold country of Canada. Hence the rise in temporary visas.
Its just not Tourist, Global conditions too push them to focus on something else. Where they have 15 days timelines.

Reactions: Mayank_Choudhary

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
From whatever info I've , seems their Chinook system also have messed up things, and that explains why there are some random results and some don't have any. Their chinook system is randomly picking files.

aliasgar.s01

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
I applied from Mumbai.
I applied from Mumbai as well.. similar timeline, applied on 20th May.
I'm guessing it is an issue with VFS Mumbai because I have seen many applicants (myself included) have the same issue of status changing to "submitted" almost a month after submitting the application.

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Now the point is which week running? Hear First week May from last two weeks :)
Last two weeks? I only saw that change this week for India SDS peeps. Not sure but a work colleague, who applied on 11th May, got her PPR. York Uni, Grad Cert. September.

Also, a thing to note is that we both hadn't seen our medicals updated on the GCKey portal (but we never raised any webforms) but curious enough, she got her medical updated, review start, and PPR confirmation all on the same day (20th July).

Reactions: parrots and mtosan