+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone, I have applied in SDS for September'22 Intake from India. Study Permit + SOWP + Kid
Applied - 24th May
Biometrics updated- 30th May
Medical updated only for Spouse on 5th July and not yet updated for primary applicant and kid. Is this normal?
Any idea in this case when will medical get updated for primary applicant and kid?

Any one else who is going through the same timeline?
Any idea when can I expect response from IRCC?
Nothing out of the ordinary. Processing for a study permit averages 12 weeks. You may receive a response by mid August. Your spouse and child’s permits may not be processed at the same time.

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Late April/ early May applicants any updates?
A lot of people from India, who applied between 20-30th of April via SDS, are getting their decisions. I also saw a few people, who applied in the first week of May, get their decisions. Not sure if they're SDS or not but I'm guessing this is a good sign?

Suzanne__MD96

Jun 25, 2022
June 17th visa filed
Biometrics on 22nd June
Medical on July 05th
Review has not yet started
which country? if india then this is so random! i filed on june 9th, biometrics june 14, and medical still not updated... infact i know folks who have filed in may first week and still medical isnt updated

i hear your review starts within a few days of medical being updated- so you MAY get your result soon.. keep us posted and all the very best!

Suzanne__MD96

Jun 25, 2022
A lot of people from India, who applied between 20-30th of April via SDS, are getting their decisions. I also saw a few people, who applied in the first week of May, get their decisions. Not sure if they're SDS or not but I'm guessing this is a good sign?
yes i know SDS folks who have applied in that time period and have got PPRs.. so yes seems like a good sign but they still need to speed up

doc811

Jul 12, 2022
which country? if india then this is so random! i filed on june 9th, biometrics june 14, and medical still not updated... infact i know folks who have filed in may first week and still medical isnt updated

i hear your review starts within a few days of medical being updated- so you MAY get your result soon.. keep us posted and all the very best!
Yes, India. Hopefully the review starts soon as by August 5th I need to upload my ppr in Fleming college website.

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
one question, whey they do send rejection. At initial stage or during processing. If they do at later, we will not get time for reapply.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
one question, whey they do send rejection. At initial stage or during processing. If they do at later, we will not get time for reapply.
there is no such thing as initial

when they are done processing, they send a decision - either approval or refusal

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
No, they do, as some already received rejection in week or so.
That means their file was processed quickly. A decision is never sent unless complete

IRCC uses Chinook to process TRV's. Google and you will understand why some decisions are so quick

Good Luck

Reactions: abroshan18

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
That means their file was processed quickly. A decision is never sent unless complete

IRCC uses Chinook to process TRV's. Google and you will understand why some decisions are so quick

Good Luck
Could be, as Chinook help them to identify applications which might help to take quick call (due to single view). Thanks for the information though.

Reactions: BA101

ssup2406

Star Member
Jul 7, 2022
In my agency 8 people got approved with Non-SDS and I was only one whogot rejected in non-sds . I cannot reapply in SDS because of September intake and SDS taking 3 months minimum..so no time left for SDS.

I have showed 10K cad GIC and paid full 1 year tution fees also upfront and showed good ITR and Bank statement with funds more than 15 lakh( around 25K CAD)
Still got rejected..

I am now requested to change my course to a 2 year PG diploma and which have modules related to Btech computer science.
Very slightly off-topic, but did the other 7 people get their decision as quickly as you did?