+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

screwed up...please advise over my case

ashwin_1212

Dec 22, 2012
My qualification is:

Secondary schooling certifficate (SSC): 53.33% in 2001
Higher secondary certificate (HSC): 49.66% 2001 - 2003
Diploma in Comp Engg (3yr) 64% aggregate 2002 - 2005
1st year Diploma was simultaneous with last year of higher secondary (2002 - 2003)

MCSE (microsoft certified systems enGG)
CCNA (Cisco certified Netrwork Associate)
Masters of Science in Comp networking: in 2012 from UK

i had recently applied for wireless networking PG diploma (Jan 13 Intake) but got rejected by visa officer stating reason ' Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of the following: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans."

I had provided GIC's worth 10000CAD$ as a proof towards my living exp. and had paid full fees of college.

THE CAIPS REASON STATED "
has completed masters of science at London Metropolitan University in UK.
IELTS 7.0, i would have expected much higher results after 1.5 years of study in UK, Came back to india on OCT 16 2012. Unclear why PA wants to do a collegial course after a masters from UK, i am therefore not satisfied that the applicant is not applying for unknown reasons other than sutdies and such would be a genuine student.weighing the information in hand over the specific case, the applicant has failed to establish that they are a bonefide temporary resident who will leave Canada following the completion of their studies pursuant to section R (1) (B) OF irpa REFUSED"

after this i changed my course to project management as advised by my agent (biggest mistake i did), i stated a reason saying i couldnt apply for mastrers course as i had 14 yrs of undergrad education coz my 1st yr of dip was simultaneous with my hsc. i stated in reply letter that i could have scored ielts more but i took it lightly coz i thought i just need 6.5 to qualify for application. now i got rejected again second time and the reason they gave is "Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of the following: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans." now i hav reapplied for caips notes and am waiting for the reason mentioned in there.....

MY QUESTION IS WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF VISA APPROVAL FOR THE THIRD TIME IF I APPLY USING A MASTERS COURSE FROM A UNIVERSITY? would the visa officer think i am not a bonafide student since i am changing courses from wireless to project management then to masters.... i am enrolling for masters in tech innovation management would this help since this is also related to managemnt......

please advise what should i do now.....

guys please i am really need some advise as to what to do.... i have already screwed the case by opting project mgmt...gosh.......why the fuck i went on my agents words..all they need is money of our fees.....

pls...i would really appreciate some guidance over this......

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
after having that much a education .going for college will lead to rejection. As i told u i think in ur old post the main reason for rejection is
Unclear why PA wants to do a collegial course after a masters from UK

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
go for mba or phd. Chances will be high then.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe you do have some work experience as well, though you didn't mention this. I am assuming you do have. Now, the first choice of diploma was really not impressive. and yes VO is right in asking for more IELTS, as high as 8.5. My friend completed masters program from London and he was denied basis IELTS and selection of program. Anyway your second choice of program wasn't that bad as compared to your first choice. However, again considering your education, and work experience, you are eligible for PHD program. As you mentioned you are okay to apply for MBA, so I assume you can afford higher fee. Even MBA is not that good choice for you now, My personal opinion, you should apply for PHD. check for following UNi;

University of Alberta
University of British Columbia
University of Calgary
Dalhousie University
Laval University
McGill University
McMaster University
University of Montréal
University of Ottawa
Queen's University
University of Toronto
University of Waterloo
University of Western Ontario

and won't be a bad idea to check for scholarships, usually scholarships are for Candians (from Canadian govt), chinese (chinese govt funds its own students and they have tie ups with Canadian education system) and then Vietnamese.

yet giving it a try, won't take much time ; follow the link;
www.scholarshipscanada.com.
www.aucc.ca/scholarships

Cheers!

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabby2612 said:
I believe you do have some work experience as well, though you didn't mention this. I am assuming you do have. Now, the first choice of diploma was really not impressive. and yes VO is right in asking for more IELTS, as high as 8.5. My friend completed masters program from London and he was denied basis IELTS and selection of program. Anyway your second choice of program wasn't that bad as compared to your first choice. However, again considering your education, and work experience, you are eligible for PHD program. As you mentioned you are okay to apply for MBA, so I assume you can afford higher fee. Even MBA is not that good choice for you now, My personal opinion, you should apply for PHD. check for following UNi;

University of Alberta
University of British Columbia
University of Calgary
Dalhousie University
Laval University
McGill University
McMaster University
University of Montréal
University of Ottawa
Queen's University
University of Toronto
University of Waterloo
University of Western Ontario

and won't be a bad idea to check for scholarships, usually scholarships are for Candians (from Canadian govt), chinese (chinese govt funds its own students and they have tie ups with Canadian education system) and then Vietnamese.

yet giving it a try, won't take much time ; follow the link;
www.scholarshipscanada.com.
www.aucc.ca/scholarships

Cheers!
Nice reply! +1 Respect Brother.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Jaz. we all need to help each other best way possible. After all, bayganey mulak vich apnay hi kam aanday nay...

Cheers!

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabby2612 said:
Thank you Jaz. we all need to help each other best way possible. After all, bayganey mulak vich apnay hi kam aanday nay...

Cheers!
Aho G Aho!

ashwin_1212

Dec 22, 2012
hello,

thank you seniors for your feedback and sugesstions,

i have a budget that i believe is just enuf to get me enrolled into masters, i believe PHD would cost me much more arnd 30 lacs per year approx and at the moment i cant afford that high fees.....

can any of you suggest any masters course which could give me a chance of being approved......

masters of science in management
mba tech innovation and management
mba general

thanks once again for being such supportive.....i am really grateful to all of you

KEM

Sep 11, 2006
2nd rejection CAIPS plz...

And you did a childish mistake and you went to a wrong and unauthorized child agent ... I could have got the better advice from this forum !!!! anyways, now stop thinking about canada ... go UK again!!!!

ashwin_1212

Dec 22, 2012
HI,
finally i got my caips for the second rejection & i was surprised to know the reason.... its weird

reason:

Prev refusal noted. PA first did a diploma in india, had a lond gap and then went to UK for a masters, unclear how a university took a student without a bachelors degree for a masters program.As per pa's own submissions on application, the university was disqualified for giving out degrees, dont find the document creditable anyways. On balance, I am not satidifed PA was a bonafide student in UK or that he will be one in CA. Refused.

this is bizzare LMU (UK) was a highly trusted sponsor as per UK border agency by the time i had enrolled for masters, and the university liscence was cancelled in June 2012 right after my dessertation. and i got my results in august. so how can the CA high commission judge i wasnt a bonafide student in UK. it wasnt my fault that the univ liscence was cancelled after 1 year of my studies there and it was cancelled due to administrative issues. and the officer took this descision on 15/4/13 however if we check the UKBA website it is stated that on 8/4.13 the university is back and has been given liscence to welcome internationl students for studying.

experts please put in your comments over this.......

ashwin_1212

Dec 22, 2012
also would like to add:

i was given admission over diploma coonsidering the IT certifications i had CCNA (Cisco), MCSE(Microsoft), RHCE(red Hat).

here is the SOP reply letter i had put with my second application as a reply to the first rejection reason:

===========================================================================================================

Applicant: Ashwin Hirji Vaviya
File No: S300310225

Subject: Appeal to reconsider my study permit application to Canada

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is with regards to my visa application for study permit in Canada which I had filed under application no: S3000310225 which was unfortunately refused. I had then requested for GCMS information on my application which I received recently. I would request you to reconsider my case in the light of explanation provided by me on the concerns shown by you regarding my application.

I am reapplying for a study permit for further in education in Project Management at Centennial College

My application for study permit in Canada was denied for the following reasons:

That your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualification, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects and plans.

I would like to explain my case to you based on the notes and concerns shown by you in the GCMS information reply.

reason 1

I have scored a 7.0 in IELTS and you expected that I could have shown better results taking into consideration my 1.5 yrs of education in UK.

I don’t deny that I could have done better in IELTS but I would like to point out that whilst appearing for IELTS I realized that IELTS is not only about English language but it is about completing the test in the stipulated time allotted. I totally went unprepared for IELTS as I was confident that I could surely score a 6.5 overall which was the IELTS requirement of the college. I scored 7.0 and did better than what was required. I am confident that I could have score much better in IELTS if that was required but since the requirement was 6.5 overall I took it a bit lightly as I was not bothered about getting a good score but was bothered about meeting the minimum college admission requirement which I fulfilled.

reason 2

I have completed Master of Science at London Metropolitan University in UK. Your concern is that why I want to do a college course after doing a Master in UK.

I would like to give a brief information about my education and employment. I did my SSC (Year 10th) from Maharashtra State Board in year 2001. I then did my HSC (year 12th) from Maharashtra state Board (2002-2003), I simultaneously did a 3 yrs Diploma in Computer Engineering from All Institute of Engineering and Management and completed it in year 2005 scoring a first class. I then took up a job with Aircheck India Pvt. Ltd. I worked with them from 27th Oct 2004 until 27th Oct 2007. I was working at a position of Sr. Discovery Agent at Aircheck India when I resigned. I then worked for Convergys India Pvt. Ltd. as a Technical Support officer from April 2008 until 6th Dec 2008 followed by working as NOC Engineering – Remote IT support at Heart Communications from Dec 2008 till May 2010.

Based on my qualification and work experience I was accepted by London Metropolitan University (LMU) for a Master of Science –Computer networking program which I completed with merit in July 2012. I was excited about getting into a master’s program at LMU which I otherwise thought was not possible because of the very fact that I had not done a bachelor’s degree but only a diploma. Though I completed my degree I realized that it was a blunder which I had committed as London Metropolitan University is not well recognized which I was not aware of when I took admission and realized only in the due course of my education. The university was going through a lot of turmoil and was not able to impart good quality education. This is evident by the fact that the university’s sponsorship license has been revoked & is no longer a qualified trusted sponsor for students as declared by the UKBA.

It was my bad luck that I had not made a good choice in selecting the right university. I had invested a lot of money and efforts in getting an education from UK. I and my parents had put a lot of faith and belief in going to UK for education but I was very much disappointed and dejected for not getting any merit for this education. Upon completion of my masters while in UK, I had numerous telephonic, skype interviews with Indian companies & MNC’s but could not get any better job opportunities than what I already had before going to UK. My whole future was at stake by one step in the wrong direction which I had taken. I am really serious about my future. I had hopes that an education from UK would help me achieve my career goals but I was mistaken.

I do realize that a good quality education is the stepping stone towards success. I lacked quality education and that was proving to be a hindrance in making a good career and future for me. That’s when I decided to study further I had an option of either studying in India or going abroad for education. I had gone wrong once and I had to be careful the second time. I came to know about the Canadian education system and how well recognized and accepted it is throughout the world. I decided to go to Canada for further education.

I was keen to take up a Master’s degree from a well-recognized university in Canada but most of the universities in Canada did not accept my application as they wanted a bachelor’s degree and minimum 16 yrs of education to get into a Master’s program which I lacked as I had not completed my bachelor’s degree and I only had a post-secondary Diploma and the universities did not recognize my Master’s degree from LMU UK. I came to know about Post graduate diplomas offered by the colleges and also about how they are well recognized and employment friendly. I came to know about the practical curriculum that Canadian institute offer and how it would prove beneficial to enter the corporate world. That’s what excited me and I made up my mind to study in Canada. I applied to colleges in Canada for post graduate program for which I was accepted. I saw a ray of hope that my career would move in the right direction on completing the education. But my dreams were shattered when I saw the visa refusal letter. I sat back and pondered over the reason of refusal. I did realize that I had a Masters in Computer networking and I wanted to do wireless networking, the course suited my qualification background & the masters from LMU was based only on wired network technology. I was keen on doing wireless networking course so I enrolled for Cisco CCNA course from Routing Switching Tigers (RST) Forum Institute which covered essential wireless technology concepts as part of the curriculum, furthermore I appeared for the certification exam and scored 960 /1000 with each questions worth 20 marks (50 qstns) and became a cisco certified on 14th Feb 2013, I am enclosing the score sheet printout as I am awaiting for the certificate to be delivered. The score sheet consists of my cisco ID which can be used for verification purpose.

Earlier I had filed visa for wireless networking course but I also had an option of going for project management program considering my team lead experience. I have come to know from my friends and lot of research that I have done that there is a huge requirement of project managers in India. Business environment in India in the IT sector is growing rapidly and it is estimated to grow further in the future. Most IT companies are moving towards project based organization. In current scenario project managers are becoming critical to an organization. Most enterprises now demand project management certification for employment or advancements as a manager in the organization. So I have made up my mind to study post graduate diploma in Project management at Centennial College. The globally recognized certification in project management that this program offers will enhance my employability. Furthermore this program will also help me prepare for PMI INDIA’s Project Management Professional (PMP) certification exam.

The IT sector in India is expanding besides, there is huge amount of investments being done in the project development sectors, by big companies such as Reliance Pvt. Ltd, Tata, Larsen & Toubro, Godrej etc., there is close to Rs 80,000 crores being invested throughout the year for upcoming projects throughout the Country. According the a article published by the Economic Times in India, PMI (project management institute) Association estimates that there will be over 2,00,000 project managers in India in 2013 and that it needs at least 7,00,000 by 2016-17 to meet the demand. This program will help me to participate in such projects which would prosper my career, it would help me become highly organized, thrive under pressure, will make me a good problem solver & decision maker. With so much career scope as a project management graduate in India I will like to return back to India to be with my family who have always supported and backed me in all my career decision.

I would like to conclude by saying that my goals in regard to Project Management are well defined. I am a genuine student I am not applying for any other reason than studies. Regarding my academic interest, a post graduate education in this field will certainly help me achieve my long-term goals. I intend to return back to India for better career prospects in the field of Management.

Regards,

Ashwin Vaviya