+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Screening officer showed up but I was sleeping

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
There isn't any numbers in the letter. It's just mentioning that my name has referred to law enforcement for follow up and their officer may visit me again
I am sure there is some number in the material given to you when you arrived. Question about quarantine hotline?

Hopefully, they can give you some help.

It just doesn't make sense to give the health athority a phone contact that doesn't work...
They really do call.

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
I am sure there is some number in the material given to you when you arrived. Question about quarantine hotline?

Hopefully, they can give you some help.

It just doesn't make sense to give the health athority a phone contact that doesn't work...
They really do call.
So what do new arrivals to Canada do? I mean they also don't have SIM working there?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So what do new arrivals to Canada do? I mean they also don't have SIM working there?
They could arrange that!! Either enable international calling and roaming of their home country number (it will cost but it's the easiest to arrange)
or get a local SIM card send to your home country ahead or at the airport/via delivery services vai friends....etc.

Same arrangement when we travel, really back in the "old time" when we can travel. Anyway, too late for that now.

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
There isn't any numbers in the letter. It's just mentioning that my name has referred to law enforcement for follow up and their officer may visit me again
Stay put.. law enforcement officers will show up at your place for questioning. Explain your situation with evidence, you’ll be cleared…

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
This is Canada, not Afghanistan. If you were actually in the stated residence then you are fine. The worst outcome is you get charged which could mean a fine but anything worse, you can always challenge it in court but that will cost you money obviously. The burden is on them to prove that you flouted COVID rules

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
I don’t understand why you are worried. If you were at home then that’s fine. Maybe leave a letter on the door that says there is a person quarantining inside the residence and to ring the doorbell multiple times so at least if they show up again you get out of bed.

Reactions: YVR123

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
I don’t understand why you are worried. If you were at home then that’s fine. Maybe leave a letter on the door that says there is a person quarantining inside the residence and to ring the doorbell multiple times so at least if they show up again you get out of bed.
Because this is my first time to deal with such a thing. Thanks for relaxing me :))