+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Screening officer showed up but I was sleeping

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
Hi
I have recently returned Canada and today a screening officer has came to my house but I was sleeping but he left a letter mentioning that my name will refer to law enforcement and they will follow-up with me , is this fine?
I mean I completely following up all quarantine rules and never went outside the house, so what should I do now?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi
I have recently returned Canada and today a screening officer has came to my house but I was sleeping but he left a letter mentioning that my name will refer to law enforcement and they will follow-up with me , is this fine?
I mean I completely following up all quarantine rules and never went outside the house, so what should I do now?
Thats not fine, but if you were sleeping take a time stamp through video immediately around the house and where the letter was dropped off.. this may somehow help you as evidence in future. They are serious with people who violate mandate….you can also call the number and talk to them

Reactions: YVR123

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
Thats not fine, but if you were sleeping take a time stamp through video immediately around the house and where the letter was dropped off.. this may somehow help you as evidence in future. They are serious with people who violate mandate….you can also call the number and talk to them
Which number???

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
Look, there is a camera already in the house entrance and it can shows that I never get out

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Did you leave them with a number that you can be contacted? I wonder if you have been missing calls from them as well.

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
I'm not sure. I guess no but it has whatsapp
i dont think they will call u using whatsapp. i think they got concerned because u did not answer calls and once they came you were sleeping. i hope they didn't think that u illegally ran away. try contacting them via the number written in the letter. this might become a problem for you if you don't act.

Reactions: YVR123

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
i dont think they will call u using whatsapp. i hope they got concerned because u did not answer calls and once they came you were sleeping. i hope they didn't think that u illegally ran away. try contacting them via the number written in the letter. this might become a problem for you if you don't act.
There isn't any numbers in the letter. It's just mentioning that my name has referred to law enforcement for follow up and their officer may visit me again