+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

score improvement in IELTS

supamh10

Star Member
May 23, 2013
hi all

I need a small clarification. for suppose, i get a minimum marks in IELTS and satisfy 67 points and then apply for EE profile.

Now, can i re-write IELTS once again to improve my score? and can i edit my EE profile accordingly latter ?

Thanksssss
Cheerssssss!

Dentist D.M.D

Feb 8, 2015
Hi,
If someone did IELTS once again and get lower score can he choose his first score? Is there any option to choose which score you want?

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
Dentist D.M.D said:
Hi,
If someone did IELTS once again and get lower score can he choose his first score? Is there any option to choose which score you want?
no

supamh10

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Dentist D.M.D said:
Hi,
Yes ofcourse, only if you get a better score, you can use it otherwise..................dont use it

My friend on a safer side, booked for an additional slot for IELTS , once he got a good score in the first attempt, name sake he gave the second attempt and did not check for score also and used the first one.

Cheersssssssssssss

BankingExpressE

Feb 2, 2015
supamh10 said:
Yes ofcourse, only if you get a better score, you can use it otherwise..................dont use it

My friend on a safer side, booked for an additional slot for IELTS , once he got a good score in the first attempt, name sake he gave the second attempt and did not check for score also and used the first one.

Cheersssssssssssss
Pretty sure this is wrong. If you retake the test and get a lower score, that is the score you have to submit.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I spent an hour looking for proof. Only found one ref so far and it was unofficial but said you could choose which ever result was best, as long as it is still valid. You cannot use part of one and part of another though.
I will get back to my research. Sad not having anything better to do, lol!!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Ok. Getting an answer from Scylla is the next best thing to a Ministerial Instruction. Here is the forum thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/multiple-ielts-tests-t267106.0.html

BankingExpressE

Feb 2, 2015
Pippin said:
Ok. Getting an answer from Scylla is the next best thing to a Ministerial Instruction. Here is the forum thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/multiple-ielts-tests-t267106.0.html
I stand corrected then. For some reason I remembered something about it being the most recent score back when I did my CEC application last year.