+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Score for Different NOCs

meek

Jan 29, 2018
I am planning to apply for Canada Express Entry under FSWP. I have Indian work experience in one NOC for 2 yrs 8 months, and in different NOC for 2 yrs 4 months. On CRS tool, we have options of either 2 yrs or 3 yrs+ and there is significant difference in the scores for the two. How much score will I get for experience of 2 yrs 8 months?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am planning to apply for Canada Express Entry under FSWP. I have Indian work experience in one NOC for 2 yrs 8 months, and in different NOC for 2 yrs 4 months. On CRS tool, we have options of either 2 yrs or 3 yrs+ and there is significant difference in the scores for the two. How much score will I get for experience of 2 yrs 8 months?
2 years.

Reactions: meek

meek

Jan 29, 2018
As I could calculate with CRS tool, the difference in scores for 2 years and 3 years experience is 25 points, which is significant.

meek

Jan 29, 2018
Then may be I haven't understood the question. Do I not need to add job experience, which is not adding to my score?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You asked me how many years of work experience you have with your NOC in which you have 2 years and 8 months of work experience.

My question is related to the other NOC for which you have 2 years and 4 months of work experience. Why are you not counting this work experience to have over 3 years of work experience (5 years of work experience in total)? Is it unskilled work experience?

meek

Jan 29, 2018
I think you missed a 'not' in your previous reply, hence the misunderstanding.

I will show 5 years of experience in my profile, all of which is full-time job under category 0. But from what my research has told me so far is that in FSWP, experience is counted under one primary NOC only.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you missed a 'not' in your previous reply, hence the misunderstanding.

I will show 5 years of experience in my profile, all of which is full-time job under category 0. But from what my research has told me so far is that in FSWP, experience is counted under one primary NOC only.
For eligibility purposes you need a year of continuous work experience in your Primary NOC. You can then use other NOC's to claim the maximum CRS points.

Bottom line: you will get points for 3 years of foreign work experience.

Reactions: meek

meek

Jan 29, 2018
That's awesome. Thanks a lot!

I have one more query - In my first 4 years of job, I was in same company, and had 3 different job titles (2 in Marketing, 1 in Sales). How to show that in reference letter? Do you have any format?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's awesome. Thanks a lot!

I have one more query - In my first 4 years of job, I was in same company, and had 3 different job titles (2 in Marketing, 1 in Sales). How to show that in reference letter? Do you have any format?
Since it was with the same company you can have a single reference letter that states the time frames for which you worked at each position and its respective duties/responsibilities.

You can google "express entry intake" to know all the requirements needed from a reference letter.

meek

Jan 29, 2018
I have one more question regarding job experience only. I have done corporate jobs for 5 years from July 2011 - July 2016, after that I have been working on a startup with my family in a pvt ltd company. I don't have my name in the company incorporation paper, and the payments in my account have been random and few.
For clarity, I will detail out my experience:
July 2011-Feb 2014 - Marketing (2 yrs 8 months)
Mar 2014 - June 2016 - Sales (2 yrs 4 months)
July 2016 - Till date - Marketing and Sales in startup

My question is, should I mention this experience in my EE profile as freelancer/consultant or something else. If not, will the gap in my recent job experience be a deterrent for my immigration?