+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scopes for Audiologist & Speech Language Pathologist (BASLP) from India

jpv2212

Hero Member
Jan 30, 2015
893
367
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2121
App. Filed.......
14-04-2017
AOR Received.
14-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
Passport Req..
15-07-2017
Hello friends,
I have a question regarding my wife's scopes in Canada based on her degree education from India.

She has completed her BASLP (Bachelor of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology) from India.
Now we are in the process of applying for our PR file.

I want to ask u people if u have any idea or knowledge about the scopes for her in Canada based on her education.

I have searched that individual practising in this field requires Master's degree in either Audiology or in Speech pathology.
But, is there any chance for her to get any type of job (i.e. apprenticeship or assistant level) based on her bachelor's degree?
Or
In Canada, is there any bridging course or certificate course or something like that which would enable her to get a job there?

Any suggestion or advice would be highly appreciated..

Thanks..
 

ajaiverghese

Member
Mar 27, 2017
15
0
hi Jpv,

We are in the same boat ourselves.My Wife is an MASLP, but it seems you need to get registration from the province you are in, before you can think about working. apparently the registration cannot be initiated from india and has different procedures and requirement for different set of documents, based on different provinces. You need to find out if you can start registration with a provincial body ,with BASLP or does it require MASLP.
 

jpv2212

Hero Member
Jan 30, 2015
893
367
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2121
App. Filed.......
14-04-2017
AOR Received.
14-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
Passport Req..
15-07-2017
ajaiverghese said:
hi Jpv,

We are in the same boat ourselves.My Wife is an MASLP, but it seems you need to get registration from the province you are in, before you can think about working. apparently the registration cannot be initiated from india and has different procedures and requirement for different set of documents, based on different provinces. You need to find out if you can start registration with a provincial body ,with BASLP or does it require MASLP.
HI
Thank you very much for your kind reply.

I am searching, as you told me to, for requirements of getting registered as an Bachelor Aud & SP in provinces.

But, I am not getting much information regarding the same on internet. So, I thought of getting help of others who might have already undergone the same process.

Are you yourself an Audiologist, or your spouse is one?
And, what are you doing nowadays for gaining knowledge about your scopes in Canada? If there is anything you would like to suggest me for this, I'd really be obliged..

Your reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks again...
 

ajaiverghese

Member
Mar 27, 2017
15
0
Hey JPV,
im not an audiologist/speech pathologist, my wife is.currently we have just got our ITA so not worrying about the registration as of now, untill we get to know which province we are heading to.Also for some provinces valid RCI india registration or letter of good standing from them(im not sure if i got this correct but thats what my wife was telling me)is required.which would take some time to obtain..All this would come only after out PR application starts processing or after we decide which province.

Right now we are enquiring with my wifes seniors/classmates/juniors who are already there,and based on their info, scope is there, jobs are available, but getting the provincial registration takes time (around a month if you have all the documents ready and sometimes takes even 3-4 months too ).

hope this helps
 

jpv2212

Hero Member
Jan 30, 2015
893
367
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2121
App. Filed.......
14-04-2017
AOR Received.
14-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
Passport Req..
15-07-2017
ajaiverghese said:
Hey JPV,
im not an audiologist/speech pathologist, my wife is.currently we have just got our ITA so not worrying about the registration as of now, untill we get to know which province we are heading to.Also for some provinces valid RCI india registration or letter of good standing from them(im not sure if i got this correct but thats what my wife was telling me)is required.which would take some time to obtain..All this would come only after out PR application starts processing or after we decide which province.

Right now we are enquiring with my wifes seniors/classmates/juniors who are already there,and based on their info, scope is there, jobs are available, but getting the provincial registration takes time (around a month if you have all the documents ready and sometimes takes even 3-4 months too ).

hope this helps
Yes bro. It did help a lot. :)

Okay, so it seems that u r also searching for her options once you land there.
I'd like to say that we are planning to land at Toronto (most probably),since I am a biologist and my job prospects are also fair in there.

One question.
U said that registration at there requires around 3 4 months.
Is it for bachelor degree or master's??

My wife has bachelor's degree from India, so I am asking.
Thanks again for your reply
 

jpv2212

Hero Member
Jan 30, 2015
893
367
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2121
App. Filed.......
14-04-2017
AOR Received.
14-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
Passport Req..
15-07-2017
Audiologists come all... :)
 

ajaiverghese

Member
Mar 27, 2017
15
0
jpv2212 said:
Yes bro. It did help a lot. :)

Okay, so it seems that u r also searching for her options once you land there.
I'd like to say that we are planning to land at Toronto (most probably),since I am a biologist and my job prospects are also fair in there.

One question.
U said that registration at there requires around 3 4 months.
Is it for bachelor degree or master's??

My wife has bachelor's degree from India, so I am asking.
Thanks again for your reply



Im not really sure , i believe its for masters.In BC registration takes less time but, in two years you need to write and clear certain exam for independant practice. also, you need to work under a supervisor till then.In Ontario the registration takes time, but once its done there aren't many other hassles.(all info according to the latest reports .. need to verify :)).We are Also thinking ontario as even for me, toronto seems to have good prospects.
 

jpv2212

Hero Member
Jan 30, 2015
893
367
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2121
App. Filed.......
14-04-2017
AOR Received.
14-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
Passport Req..
15-07-2017
ajaiverghese said:
Im not really sure , i believe its for masters.In BC registration takes less time but, in two years you need to write and clear certain exam for independant practice. also, you need to work under a supervisor till then.In Ontario the registration takes time, but once its done there aren't many other hassles.(all info according to the latest reports .. need to verify :)).We are Also thinking ontario as even for me, toronto seems to have good prospects.
Yes true.
A major proportion of immigrants first prefer Toronto as their landing city, since survival jobs and other jobs prospects seem to be higher there as compared to others.

As you said about Ontario's registration procedures, please let me know if you find anything regarding this. Gain as much knowledge as you can about this, and guide me accordingly, because we don't have any friend/relative in Canada who is in Audiology field.
Your reply would be very effective in our life in Ontario.

You can also PM (personal message) me through this forum if you wish to contact me directly.

Thanks.
 

Kiran90

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
165
28
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
18-02-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
Hi, I am an SLP. Did u guys shift to Canada? Would you please share abt the registration details of an SLP with the regulatory body?
 

div velu

Hero Member
Apr 29, 2018
228
55
Hi guys,

I have a master's degree from Chennai. as far as i know, it's essential you have your masters degree to work in canada. first and foremost it's important we get a membership from canadian association. it's important to apply for a licence since it will help to secure a job in many provinces. like you mentioned, it's not a cake walk and it 's gonna take time.
 

Zeniairani

Newbie
Mar 13, 2019
1
0
I am an audiologist and speech language pathologist from Mumbai. I have completed my MASLP in 2011. Received my PPR yesterday. Now begins the tough process of getting registered. Kindly add me to the WhatsApp group so I can get more insight.
Also if anyone has personally gone through the process and wouldn't mind guiding me, I'd be highly obliged.
 

div velu

Hero Member
Apr 29, 2018
228
55
I am an audiologist and speech language pathologist from Mumbai. I have completed my MASLP in 2011. Received my PPR yesterday. Now begins the tough process of getting registered. Kindly add me to the WhatsApp group so I can get more insight.
Also if anyone has personally gone through the process and wouldn't mind guiding me, I'd be highly obliged.
hi . Please check DM