+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scopes for Audiologist & Speech Language Pathologist (BASLP) from India

ruxana123

Aug 1, 2022
Hello friends,
I have a question regarding my wife's scopes in Canada based on her degree education from India.

She has completed her BASLP (Bachelor of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology) from India.
Now we are in the process of applying for our PR file.

I want to ask u people if u have any idea or knowledge about the scopes for her in Canada based on her education.

I have searched that individual practising in this field requires Master's degree in either Audiology or in Speech pathology.
But, is there any chance for her to get any type of job (i.e. apprenticeship or assistant level) based on her bachelor's degree?
Or
In Canada, is there any bridging course or certificate course or something like that which would enable her to get a job there?

Any suggestion or advice would be highly appreciated..

Thanks..
Hello there! Did u guys make it to Canada. Can u please share the details if your wife was able to do masters in Canada

ruxana123

Aug 1, 2022
Hello.. I've finished my BASLP and I'm confused whether to do my master's in Canada or India and had more questions regarding working there after master's in India. Can you add me to the group too?
Same here! I want to do masters in audiology in Canada but I’m not sure if it’s possible to get directly or intermittent course is required. Pls help

Kiran90

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
18-02-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
Same here! I want to do masters in audiology in Canada but I’m not sure if it’s possible to get directly or intermittent course is required. Pls help
Hello, I don’t think an intermittent course is needed.

Kiran90

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
18-02-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
You need to research the admission requirements for the university you plan to attend.
Exactly! Every university would tell you what’s required for getting admission.

ruxana123

Aug 1, 2022
Yes true.
A major proportion of immigrants first prefer Toronto as their landing city, since survival jobs and other jobs prospects seem to be higher there as compared to others.

As you said about Ontario's registration procedures, please let me know if you find anything regarding this. Gain as much knowledge as you can about this, and guide me accordingly, because we don't have any friend/relative in Canada who is in Audiology field.
Your reply would be very effective in our life in Ontario.

You can also PM (personal message) me through this forum if you wish to contact me directly.

Thanks.
Hi! Can u guide me please

ruxana123

Aug 1, 2022
You need to research the admission requirements for the university you plan to attend.
Yes sure! I have gone through few colleges that have masters in audiology but it seems their eligibility score is way too high. But il try more research. The consultancies I spoke to said it’s not possible to directly get a masters. So I thought to verify with someone who has experience. Thanks for helping

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes sure! I have gone through few colleges that have masters in audiology but it seems their eligibility score is way too high. But il try more research. The consultancies I spoke to said it’s not possible to directly get a masters. So I thought to verify with someone who has experience. Thanks for helping
If going through for a masters, then you attend a university. Did you look at university requirements yourself and not rely on advice from a consultant? Do you have a 4 year degree? I used google and quickly found the Canadian association with a list of education programs. Check the each school’s requirements.