+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schooling and Housing in Calgary

kkankal

Oct 2, 2010
Dear Forum members,

I am an Indian and will be relocating to Calgary from the UK in December and request your responses to the following queries.

1. I plan to rent a place for the first year. Can you please advise which areas of the city have good public schools and Indian groceries in the vicinity? I understand that there is a system of school zoning similar to that in the UK. I have 2 boys, 13.5 and 12 years old. They are in classes S2 and S1 (Scottish Curriculum). Will they be allowed to continue in the same grade ? Can you please give me an idea of the rentals for a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment with good access to the city centre ?
2. Both me and my wife have a full UK driver's license for less than 1 year. What is the best way to go about getting a Canadian driver's license?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm neither Indian nor live in Calgary. However, I heard that the Marlborough area have some East Indian store and for rental housing, you can check rentfaster.ca. For info about getting the alberta driver licence, just google.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
kkankal said:
Dear Forum members,

I am an Indian and will be relocating to Calgary from the UK in December and request your responses to the following queries.

1. I plan to rent a place for the first year. Can you please advise which areas of the city have good public schools and Indian groceries in the vicinity? I understand that there is a system of school zoning similar to that in the UK. I have 2 boys, 13.5 and 12 years old. They are in classes S2 and S1 (Scottish Curriculum). Will they be allowed to continue in the same grade ? Can you please give me an idea of the rentals for a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment with good access to the city centre ?
2. Both me and my wife have a full UK driver's license for less than 1 year. What is the best way to go about getting a Canadian driver's license?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards.
Sir

Please note my comments;

1. You will have to contact any friend to point out area of your choice.
2. Your children will be admitted in same gardes , as they are from first world schooling system - No issues
3. You have driving license of first world , so its convertible
4. Drop me an email - for further advise , if required

Have a blessed life - Ameen

kkankal

Oct 2, 2010
Steaky/Saeed,

Thanks for your replies.

Can experienced members please provide me the contact details of good real estate agents in Calgary ? I am looking to rent a place prior to relocating.

Regards.

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 03.11.2014.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kkankal said:
Steaky/Saeed,

Thanks for your replies.

Can experienced members please provide me the contact details of good real estate agents in Calgary ? I am looking to rent a place prior to relocating.

Regards.
You should try to ask this questions in settling section of the forum. This section is ment for questions about how to immigrate.

Meinkathmandu

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I live in CALGARY . NE is the main region of Indian peopleIN CALGARY . You can get lots of Indian groceries store there.
School can be either Pearson/ Forest lawn/ or NW for high school level, in
martingale, Falcanridge , Taradale area u will fill as if you are in somewhere in Punjab.
If u need something more , u can dm me