+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

school change

Missib123

Jan 17, 2020
hello, I came in canada under a school which started this January. however I realized that the college is private and won't get me qualify for PGWP. while the program is 10 months classes and 10 months co-op the ask for full payment ($20,000) before March. I know it will be a waste of money for me to do that. I found another school that has a one year program and qualify for PGWP but the start date is September.

My question: can I leave my current job and wait for September to start another program ? or will I loose my status as student. My current study permit is valid until Feb 2021. please help I am very lost.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello, I came in canada under a school which started this January. however I realized that the college is private and won't get me qualify for PGWP. while the program is 10 months classes and 10 months co-op the ask for full payment ($20,000) before March. I know it will be a waste of money for me to do that. I found another school that has a one year program and qualify for PGWP but the start date is September.

My question: can I leave my current job and wait for September to start another program ? or will I loose my status as student. My current study permit is valid until Feb 2021. please help I am very lost.
You would either have to apply to change your status to visitor and then reapply for a study permit or leave Canada and wait in your own country for the new program to start.