Jan 17, 2018
qatar
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Passport Req..
13-12-2017
Hi , Im moving to calgary. Can someone tell me if school transfer certificate is must for attending in calgary school for standard 8.My kid has been home schooled for standard 8 in india as it was planned to reach calgary long before hence all this school confusion in India happened. We would not be having any school leaving certificate with us. Please suggest or advice what to do.

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi , Im moving to calgary. Can someone tell me if school transfer certificate is must for attending in calgary school for standard 8.My kid has been home schooled for standard 8 in india as it was planned to reach calgary long before hence all this school confusion in India happened. We would not be having any school leaving certificate with us. Please suggest or advice what to do.
It is a requirement anywhere in Canada. That said, if you don't have it ~ you don't have it. And no school here can deny your kids' admission.

Nonaraj

Mar 27, 2018
Dear Qorox,
I will be going to Canada in September 2018 on a job visa.I wish to take my son who is about to become 18 yrs old on october 11th with me.He is currently in grade 11 in India.I had to made him repeat a year due to health reasons.
I wish to know that will he be rejected by public school as he will be becoming a major after one month of Schooling.
I will be grateful if you can guide me on this.

kjabbar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
Hi @qorax Indeed an excellent work.

I am planning to do soft landing by end of June. Is it possible for me to secure my kid admission for Sept session in Junior KG while my family still not Canada...

Appreciate your help

Abubakarbutt602

Sep 9, 2017
Anyone guide me.In permanent visa i am going to go in Canada in summer vacations on permanent residemt visa.I have done 2 years of gce o level not doing one year and i am 16 years old.Will i get admission in 11th grade and what kind of entry test will be taken?

Shruthy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Hi

Could anyone please help me.. my kids birth certificate consist of english as well as local language. Is that the problem... Hope we don't need to translate it since it consist of english language too

Tosin John

Jun 6, 2018
Thanks for your information. Quite helpful. However, I have a question.
I should be moving from Nigeria to Ottawa around January 2019. I intend coming with a dependant that will be 20 years old in July 2019. She will be in SS2 (Grade 11 equivalent) by then. I have read that cut-off age for secondary schools in Canada is 18 years meaning she will be above the bar then. How do we go about her finishing her secondary education and afterwards proceed to the University?

Looking forward to your swift response.

Thanks and regards.

nugowest

Nov 11, 2018
The most informative topic I have seen so far. Thanks for shedding light for that particular and essential topic.

I still have the question about the native language.

My kid is 6 years old and we will be moving to Canada 6 months later. Thus, she will be catching next school year. She barely speaks English and yet understands mostly, since she has another native language. What would we expect at that situatuon? Should she priorly take english course or she is welcome with her level?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The most informative topic I have seen so far. Thanks for shedding light for that particular and essential topic.

I still have the question about the native language.

My kid is 6 years old and we will be moving to Canada 6 months later. Thus, she will be catching next school year. She barely speaks English and yet understands mostly, since she has another native language. What would we expect at that situatuon? Should she priorly take english course or she is welcome with her level?
Don't worry. The school would place her in EAL program where there would school assistants helping your child improve her spoken and written English.

Reactions: nugowest

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Hello all great post here and many questions. I read through it all, but wanted to ask since the original post is from 2011:

My son's birthday is Oct 2010. In US, he goes to 2nd grade because Aug 31st is the age cutoff for a grade. We are moving to Toronto ON in a couple of months. Will they expect him to join 3rd grade right now and 4th grade in September?