+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scholarship + Work when W.P. expired

Jul 22, 2013
Hello guys

My husband is at University and we already had the Stage 1 and the Québec part approved for the sponsorship.

There's a possibility of getting a "loan" and receive "scholarship" at the University he goes. We'd like to receive it since I'm here now as a tourist and I can't work and the money would help us and even help him with some school stuff.

But there's one thing that he cannot receive money from the gouvernment when you're sponsoring, does that include since it's a University thing? I know that the University is public.

Can anyone help me?

My question number 2 is: I had a work permit that expired 4 months ago before I switching for being here as a tourist, can our sponsorship be denied if I work with this number?

I don't wanna be anti the laws, but we're just trying to find a way to help us financially.

Thank you people!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
jeanmichel5678 said:
Hello guys

My husband is at University and we already had the Stage 1 and the Québec part approved for the sponsorship.

There's a possibility of getting a "loan" and receive "scholarship" at the University he goes. We'd like to receive it since I'm here now as a tourist and I can't work and the money would help us and even help him with some school stuff.

But there's one thing that he cannot receive money from the gouvernment when you're sponsoring, does that include since it's a University thing? I know that the University is public.

Can anyone help me?

My question number 2 is: I had a work permit that expired 4 months ago before I switching for being here as a tourist, can our sponsorship be denied if I work with this number?

I don't wanna be anti the laws, but we're just trying to find a way to help us financially.

Thank you people!
I am not 100% sure about the University part, but I don't think that qualifies as welfare/social assistance. If it's a loan and you have to pay it back, then it's probably not welfare, so it should be OK. Check with the university, but it sounds like there should not be an issue there.

If your work permit is expired, you can not work. If CIC finds out, you'll probably be banned from the country for a while, so not a good idea.
Unless - you're an inland application, have submitted an OWP with your application and have received the first stage approval ( but it doesn't sound like this).
Sweden

NatLey

Jul 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is government student's loans and bursaries, which you can receive once you are a pr (csq + copr), both papers are necessary to qualify.