+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schengen Visa Rejection - Express Entry

EaTONOty

Sep 29, 2018
I was recently rejected for a Schengen visa to Spain (late August). I expressed interest in applying for a freelancer visa in Spain via my local consulate. The freelancer application is long, ambiguous, and complex, often taking 6-12 months of preparation so I had no intention of applying immediately. I was more so weighing my options.

I started a new job in June as a freelancer/consultant, working 40 hours per week. Shortly after I joined the UK-based company, I applied for a business visa. However, the application for a business visa was rejected for:

(1) Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.
(2) Your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa applied for could not be ascertained.

The visa officers did not trust that I would not overstay my visa due to my interest in a freelancer visa. A number of additional documents were requested in the interview (retreat registration, letter from the venue, retreat itinerary, etc.) As I work for a small nonprofit, we didn't even receive an invoice or official email from the venue until about two weeks after the event. This was a very small event. As a result, I am worried that this rejection will reflect poorly on my EE application.

I was also rejected for Canadian visitor visa in the summer of 2011 because I forgot to include a bank statement.
I'm not too worried about that. But this is my 2nd visa rejection.

Will these rejections affect my EE app?

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Not necessarily although nobody here can of course do anything more than speculate one way or the other but for sure you should mention these refusals in any application. Failure to be honest can have serious consequences, even a ban.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
I was recently rejected for a Schengen visa to Spain (late August). I expressed interest in applying for a freelancer visa in Spain via my local consulate. The freelancer application is long, ambiguous, and complex, often taking 6-12 months of preparation so I had no intention of applying immediately. I was more so weighing my options.

I started a new job in June as a freelancer/consultant, working 40 hours per week. Shortly after I joined the UK-based company, I applied for a business visa. However, the application for a business visa was rejected for:

(1) Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.
(2) Your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa applied for could not be ascertained.

The visa officers did not trust that I would not overstay my visa due to my interest in a freelancer visa. A number of additional documents were requested in the interview (retreat registration, letter from the venue, retreat itinerary, etc.) As I work for a small nonprofit, we didn't even receive an invoice or official email from the venue until about two weeks after the event. This was a very small event. As a result, I am worried that this rejection will reflect poorly on my EE application.

I was also rejected for Canadian visitor visa in the summer of 2011 because I forgot to include a bank statement.

Mention those refusals, no impact. There would be a negative impact if you don't mention them.

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018

I think you need to relax.

Your rejected visas were temporary visas, while now you are clearly declaring that you wanna live and work in Canada permanently.

The reasons you were rejected for while applying to visit visas are not related to your eligibility for PR. Hence you do not need to worry.

One should worry when the rejection is related to criminality, health issue... etc, and that is not you!

MANAL KHAN

Aug 27, 2020
Hi!
My schengen visa was initially rejected last year and on appeal it was approved. Does this count as rejection because it was approved later? Do I need to mention this?