+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schengen Overstay - PR application

su1989

May 18, 2016
Hey guys,

I have a very serious concern - everyone's been telling me its not a big deal but I am a little worried.

In April 2015 - I was on schegen visa in Germany, due to extension of my meetings and negligence of my office's part - I ended up overstaying my visa for 4-5 days. My visa was valid till 30th April, however it said i could only stay for 15 days at one time. I totally missed that point. The visa officer was really nice and she made me sign a paper and let me go and told me its not a big deal. She mentioned if I didn't have to tick "notify my consulate". Once I came back to my country, I handed that paper to my office and they lost the paper. Now, a year later I've switched jobs and I am about to apply for PR for Canada.
-I have the required points for the PR.
- I have the funds and the qualifications.
- My visa work is extremely clear and I meet all the criteria's to get a PR.

I am a little worried about this part. I want to get this sorted before I apply. Please suggest what I should do?
I hope this isn't going to be a concern.

Very worried :/
Please help

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
su1989 said:
Hey guys,

I have a very serious concern - everyone's been telling me its not a big deal but I am a little worried.

In April 2015 - I was on schegen visa in Germany, due to extension of my meetings and negligence of my office's part - I ended up overstaying my visa for 4-5 days. My visa was valid till 30th April, however it said i could only stay for 15 days at one time. I totally missed that point. The visa officer was really nice and she made me sign a paper and let me go and told me its not a big deal. She mentioned if I didn't have to tick "notify my consulate". Once I came back to my country, I handed that paper to my office and they lost the paper. Now, a year later I've switched jobs and I am about to apply for PR for Canada.

I am a little worried about this part. I want to get this sorted before I apply. Please suggest what I should do?

Please help
No worries. If there is a question anytime whether you have overstayed your visa in a foreign country then your answer has to be YES.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
su1989 said:
Hey guys,

Please help
This is not a concern at all. If you need to answer any question related to your overstay, simple answer yes. Canada can directly reconfirm from Germany what the isses are and they will find it was not a criminal issue. Relax but next time always keep your own copy of any document you give out so if they get lost you have something to fall back on, all the best.

formalboygirl

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2011
CHILL ON DUDE, no worries.

It's a big problem for visitor visa but for PR it's just a privilege.

GOOD LUCK.

Neilneil2001

Sep 27, 2014
What about the same issue for citizenship application? overstayed 4 days in Europe did not know there is a duration limit. The schengen officer accepted my honest mistake and said be careful next time.
Can I apply for citizenship? Will it affect my application?
Please help me I cannot sleep... so worried...

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
What about the same issue for citizenship application? overstayed 4 days in Europe did not know there is a duration limit. The schengen officer accepted my honest mistake and said be careful next time.
Can I apply for citizenship? Will it affect my application?
Please help me I cannot sleep... so worried...
No, this will not affect you negatively since the Schengen officer did not leave any negative comment in your passport. It is a neglible, simple overstay.