+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scheduled Online Canadian Citizenship Interview Cancelled

eralaran

Mar 10, 2017
Hello. New to this forum. I was scheduled for an interview on June 18,2021. I was asked to submit color photocopies of all my passport pages as part of interview. But the interview has been cancelled due to updates in procedures.

Is anyone in same situation as I am?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Guess you’ll have to wait for further instructions, but there’s also the possibility the update in procedure may mean you won’t need an interview.

(Or it can also mean they’re shifting the interviews, maybe away from Microsoft Teams or even going for in-person ones, although I doubt the latter will happen this soon.)

eralaran

Mar 10, 2017
The email says the officer will continue to review the file and if application is approved, you will receive a ceremony invitation. If the officer requires further info, you would be contacted.

eralaran

Mar 10, 2017
I hope so. I was expecting I could have a decision made during the interview.I guess I just have to wait and see for an update on online tracking

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello. New to this forum. I was scheduled for an interview on June 18,2021. I was asked to submit color photocopies of all my passport pages as part of interview. But the interview has been cancelled due to updates in procedures.

May be the interview request was sent out by mistake.

Don't sweat it, I guess. Just keep checking the status of your application (particularly Physical Presence, Language and Prohibitions) as these statuses are set to "Completed" after the test if one doesn't receive an interview invite. If an interview invitation is received, the aforementioned statuses will be set to "Completed" after the interview.

All the best!

eralaran

Mar 10, 2017
May be the interview request was sent out by mistake.

Don't sweat it, I guess. Just keep checking the status of your application (particularly Physical Presence, Language and Prohibitions) as these statuses are set to "Completed" after the test if one doesn't receive an interview invite. If an interview invitation is received, the aforementioned statuses will be set to "Completed" after the interview.

All the best!
Thank you. Yeah I would just keep checking the status. I have submitted passport copies as they have asked.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

macy1207

Jun 8, 2021
Hi! I'm on the same boat as you. I was supposed to have an interview this morning but 10 minutes before my interview the officer called me, same reason as yours :(

eralaran

Mar 10, 2017
If he has called you, he could have just continued with interview. Anyhow it is a good thing that you know they are working on your file. I hope that you would receive an invitation for Oath ceremony soon.

macy1207

Jun 8, 2021
If he has called you, he could have just continued with interview. Anyhow it is a good thing that you know they are working on your file. I hope that you would receive an invitation for Oath ceremony soon.
That's what I thought. He told me that he would review the files I sent him last week, and that he didn’t need the feel like this would need an interview but he also told me he would let me know by the end of the day if we would proceed with the interview. He didn't call back.

Same to you! So close yet feels so far.

Kamorablack

Jun 15, 2021

Dear Eralaran, I am also in a similar situation, not exactly the same. My online status changed yesterday to "interview scheduled" for June 16th and no instructions were sent. I was also panicking just like you, because I had no idea what to expect, but when I came across your post, it did comfort me a little bit, right after reading your post, I got an email and all they are asking is the scanned copies of my passport. I also called the call centre just to confirm, the agent told me nothing to worry about and it's not an interview, online it says because that's the protocol but it's more like document verification, regular stamps, Visa's, travel history etc. It also says, that if required they might call for an interview. So, seems pretty straight forward. But, yours seem strange, I mean they literally scheduled you for interview and after receiving the docs they said, procedure changed, I have not heard or seen in this forum ever before. Hopefully nothing to worry about, keep praying, we all are in this together, it's been a long wait, it will be over soon. Sending you hugs.

Reactions: eralaran

gn02090867

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Dear Eralaran, I am also in a similar situation, not exactly the same. My online status changed yesterday to "interview scheduled" for June 16th and no instructions were sent. I was also panicking just like you, because I had no idea what to expect, but when I came across your post, it did comfort me a little bit, right after reading your post, I got an email and all they are asking is the scanned copies of my passport. I also called the call centre just to confirm, the agent told me nothing to worry about and it's not an interview, online it says because that's the protocol but it's more like document verification, regular stamps, Visa's, travel history etc. It also says, that if required they might call for an interview. So, seems pretty straight forward. But, yours seem strange, I mean they literally scheduled you for interview and after receiving the docs they said, procedure changed, I have not heard or seen in this forum ever before. Hopefully nothing to worry about, keep praying, we all are in this together, it's been a long wait, it will be over soon. Sending you hugs.
Mine said it's no longer required. Not sure what this implies. Did you hear back from them? What's your timeline.

Dec 4, 2020
Mine said it's no longer required. Not sure what this implies. Did you hear back from them? What's your timeline.
Did you have to provide FP during the application process? If not, I am assuming the new procedure is part of "Resumption Pilot for Routine Files". From my understanding this was an initiative launched somewhere between November-December 2020 and procedural changes were implemented. I have requested more information (Operation Manual) from CIC on this through ATIP but haven't gotten a response yet.

Also, if the interview is not required(waived), your application will move to DM and oath eventually.

gn02090867

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Did you have to provide FP during the application process? If not, I am assuming the new procedure is part of "Resumption Pilot for Routine Files". From my understanding this was an initiative launched somewhere between November-December 2020 and procedural changes were implemented. I have requested more information (Operation Manual) from CIC on this through ATIP but haven't gotten a response yet.

Also, if the interview is not required(waived), your application will move to DM and oath eventually.

Yeah, I FP twice actually since I submitted my application in September 2019. Yeah, I hope so. It's a little frustrating because now I have no idea what's happening behind the scene.