Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi everyone, I’m wondering if anybody could answer my question. On the schedule A they ask “ Have you ever been a member of any social organizations”. In fact I was an employee in the Social insurance fund for temporary disability (it was a Fund controlled by Government), but I was a worker there (like an accountant), not a member. I already put it in my personal history but I’m wondering if I should put it as that I was a member of the social organization as well. Would it be even considered to be a “social organization”? Would it be also considered a “government position”? I didn’t have a status of a civil servant in my country but who knows, maybe CIC considers anything that has something to do with Government to be a “Government position”...I’m really confused and it’s the last thing I want is to mistakenly put “no” as an answer when the answer could be yes and cause misunderstanding with CIC. Maybe it would be better to put yes as an answer and mention that job in that section too and let them decide if it really considers to be a “ member of social organization “ or not? Thank you, any input would be appreciated!

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Hi everyone, I’m wondering if anybody could answer my question. On the schedule A they ask “ Have you ever been a member of any social organizations”. In fact I was an employee in the Social insurance fund for temporary disability (it was a Fund controlled by Government), but I was a worker there (like an accountant), not a member. I already put it in my personal history but I’m wondering if I should put it as that I was a member of the social organization as well. Would it be even considered to be a “social organization”? Would it be also considered a “government position”? I didn’t have a status of a civil servant in my country but who knows, maybe CIC considers anything that has something to do with Government to be a “Government position”...I’m really confused and it’s the last thing I want is to mistakenly put “no” as an answer when the answer could be yes and cause misunderstanding with CIC. Maybe it would be better to put yes as an answer and mention that job in that section too and let them decide if it really considers to be a “ member of social organization “ or not? Thank you, any input would be appreciated!
It is not a government position if you did not receive your pay directly from the government. Do not over think this section. Even if you do list them as social organisations they are not radical in nature so will not affect your application. So me I would put it down.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
It is not a government position if you did not receive your pay directly from the government. Do not over think this section. Even if you do list them as social organisations they are not radical in nature so will not affect your application. So me I would put it down.
Thank you! I know it’s easy to start overthinking everything when it comes to those forms and it’s like my brain starts playing tricks on me like with that question about the Government positions. I wasn’t receiving money directly from the Government budget and didn’t have a status of a civil servant in my country so the answer I’ll put for this question would be “no”.But do you think it would be better to mention that job in a section “Social organizations” or to only keep it in my personal history because it’s a company that I worked for so it was my employer. To my understanding associating with the social organizations is something that your volunteering for, not if it was your job and you were receiving salary for doing it?

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Thank you! I know it’s easy to start overthinking everything when it comes to those forms and it’s like my brain starts playing tricks on me like with that question about the Government positions. I wasn’t receiving money directly from the Government budget and didn’t have a status of a civil servant in my country so the answer I’ll put for this question would be “no”.But do you think it would be better to mention that job in a section “Social organizations” or to only keep it in my personal history because it’s a company that I worked for so it was my employer. To my understanding associating with the social organizations is something that your volunteering for, not if it was your job and you were receiving salary for doing it?
That's right. Volunteering or a member. As long as everything is somewhere you will be fine.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl