Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
I just need some clarification. I've been trying to google and search the forums but the answers have been all over the place and I don't think I found anything recent.

My questions:

1) Under question #6 "Personal history," do I need to include the dates that I was on vacation from school (i.e. summer and winter breaks) and traveled to Canada? The breaks ranged from 3 weeks during winter, and approx 3 months during summer. I'm a U.S. citizen and the travel history form was not part of the documents I needed to fill out, so I need to know how detailed I need to be here. Should I err on the side of caution and just add the vacation dates, or simply leave them out since I was technically a student during these visits but just on vacation?

And 2) If I do include these vacation periods, do I need to include each visit in the addresses section (question #10) as well?

Thanks.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Your mileage may vary... but I listed mine as one big chunk... university from 2008-2012 and did not include summer or winter breaks. Did not run into any issues. After all, it's not a travel history form (like you said).

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
Your mileage may vary... but I listed mine as one big chunk... university from 2008-2012 and did not include summer or winter breaks. Did not run into any issues. After all, it's not a travel history form (like you said).
Alright, I'm going to do this then, and if they need me to break it down further, then they can request a travel history lol. Thanks!

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
I just need some clarification. I've been trying to google and search the forums but the answers have been all over the place and I don't think I found anything recent.

My questions:

1) Under question #6 "Personal history," do I need to include the dates that I was on vacation from school (i.e. summer and winter breaks) and traveled to Canada? The breaks ranged from 3 weeks during winter, and approx 3 months during summer. I'm a U.S. citizen and the travel history form was not part of the documents I needed to fill out, so I need to know how detailed I need to be here. Should I err on the side of caution and just add the vacation dates, or simply leave them out since I was technically a student during these visits but just on vacation?

And 2) If I do include these vacation periods, do I need to include each visit in the addresses section (question #10) as well?

Thanks.
I did not know there was a difference in Schedule A forms, like you're saying some ask for travel history separate from personal history? Do you know what that form is? The reason I ask is my partner is filling out his Schedule A and thought he should put all of his travel history in his personal history as he often had large 2-3 months of backpacking in between jobs so he's listing every country but he's finding it difficult to list every place he visited. Do you think for the personal history he should just put "travel" for 2-3 months and just list a starting country and save some of the travel for if he gets asked for it on a travel history form??

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
I did not know there was a difference in Schedule A forms, like you're saying some ask for travel history separate from personal history? Do you know what that form is? The reason I ask is my partner is filling out his Schedule A and thought he should put all of his travel history in his personal history as he often had large 2-3 months of backpacking in between jobs so he's listing every country but he's finding it difficult to list every place he visited. Do you think for the personal history he should just put "travel" for 2-3 months and just list a starting country and save some of the travel for if he gets asked for it on a travel history form??
The travel history form is a country specific requirement additional form. Since I'm from the U.S. I do not need to fill this out. You can find out if you need to fill this out by checking the specific requirements for your country when looking up the forms on The CIC website.

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
As for the rest of your question, I personally would put a separate row for each country he was in if possible, but I think it would be fine to lump it all together in one row as long as it was uninterrupted travel and list "Multiple Countries." If they need more details they will likely ask you to resubmit the form with more details and/or a travel history form.