+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule 1 (IMM 5257) - do I need it?

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Hey everyone!

I am currently in Canada on an employer-specific work permit. I have applied for Permanent Residence (Family Class), which according to the current IRCC processing times won't be finalized until late 2018.

I have been offered a new job, and I am in the process of applying for a new work permit. My job is LMIA-exempt, and I've done the process a couple of times before. However, this time MyCIC is listing a new form that wasn't requested before:
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257).

It is listed under the 'optional documents' section, but I just wanted to check whether I should fill this form in or not? I never had to do it before. I'm also living in Canada so even the name of the form doesn't apply to me.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated. The reason I am hoping not to do it as it asks for my travel history over the past 5 years and it is extensive! Just trying to avoid doing it if I don't have to.

Thanks!

can.alb

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hey everyone!

I am currently in Canada on an employer-specific work permit. I have applied for Permanent Residence (Family Class), which according to the current IRCC processing times won't be finalized until late 2018.

I have been offered a new job, and I am in the process of applying for a new work permit. My job is LMIA-exempt, and I've done the process a couple of times before. However, this time MyCIC is listing a new form that wasn't requested before:
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257).

It is listed under the 'optional documents' section, but I just wanted to check whether I should fill this form in or not? I never had to do it before. I'm also living in Canada so even the name of the form doesn't apply to me.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated. The reason I am hoping not to do it as it asks for my travel history over the past 5 years and it is extensive! Just trying to avoid doing it if I don't have to.

Thanks!
Hello,

I am applying for a BOWP and after answering all those questions, my listing in Mycic account showing the same form IMM5257. did you get an answer if we have to fill it in or not

nancyjean

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Hello,

I am applying for a BOWP and after answering all those questions, my listing in Mycic account showing the same form IMM5257. did you get an answer if we have to fill it in or not
Hi, Did you fill this out? I am also applying for BOWP. I want to clarify if this IMM 5257 is needed as well.