November 2, 2010
Med's Request
May 9, 2011
Med's Done....
May 19, 2011 and May 26, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
Any Help regarding the question number 9 on the second bullet
"previously sought refugees status in Canada or applied for a Canadian Immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident" what is this means...please elaborate......

Im now on a temporary foreign worker here in Canada, is that mean that I am also granted a temporary resident....................

since temporary foreign worker is not specify on that statement i decided to answer it "NO" in my application for permanent resident. This are the same answer with my colleague and friends (working in canada) who already got their approval for permanent residency.

please enlighten me.............. thank you in advance.

smiling face

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 12, 2010
Nomination.....
September 8, 2010
AOR Received.
November 2, 2010
Med's Request
May 9, 2011
Med's Done....
May 19, 2011 and May 26, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
(IMM0008 Schedule 1) Question Number 9: Have you, or if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in canada EVER:

"previously sought refugee status in canada or applied for a canadian immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa"

IN MY UNDERSTANDING ON THIS QUESTION: "number 9" THIS REFERS TO "IN GENERAL" meaning NOT ONLY FOR YOU "AS THE APPLICANT" BUT AS WELL AS, ALSO REFERRING TO ANY OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS"

Let say....... you and your family members had been already filed any visa application on the category stated in bullet number 2.................the answer must be "YES"

then for instance................ if you as the applicant is the only person who had been granted a temporary visa BUT... not included any of the applicants family member......... the answer must be "NO"

Please share your idea`s to enlighten many of our co-applicants before submitting their application form to the Canadian Embassy for Permanet Resident. Thank you.....

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
YES - if you or any of your dependents included in the application have applied for permanent residence visa before

NO - if you or any of your dependents have not applied for permanent residence visa before

your temporary residence visa/work permit does not count. the question pertains to application for permanent residence only

confused AB

May 11, 2010
rubyalabar said:
YES - if you or any of your dependents included in the application have applied for permanent residence visa before

NO - if you or any of your dependents have not applied for permanent residence visa before

your temporary residence visa/work permit does not count. the question pertains to application for permanent residence only
WHAT WILL I ANSWER IN CASE I ALREADY APPLIED AND GRANTED ME A VISITOR VISA LAST TWO YEARS AGO THEN NOW I AM ON A WORKING PERMIT VISA (IN CANADA)...... PLANNING TO SUBMIT OUR APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT NEXT WEEK....... IS MY ANSWER IN QUESTION NO. 9 BULLET NO.2 "PREVIOUSLY SOUGHT REFUGEES IN CANADA OR APPLIED FOR VISITOR OR TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA"..................... DO I NEED TO CHECK THE BOX "YES"......... PLS. HELP..... THANK YOU