+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scars on arm reason for visa rejection?

Sep 7, 2018
My teenage daughter too having the same problem, self inflicted wounds, the reason why she need a psychiaratic tests by end of this month. As a parent, I am not aware that she's been on a hardtimes cause I am living abroad . And this is our final stage, a medical requirements for our permanent residency application so I can take them here. She said that she was bullied and she cant manage it, the reason why she did this just to minimize the emotional hurts shes suffering.
Any advise how to deal this. I am so worried that maybe she will failed it and make the refusal for our application.

Hey any update in your case? Did your daughter get PR?

Sep 7, 2018
My teenage daughter too having the same problem, self inflicted wounds, the reason why she need a psychiaratic tests by end of this month. As a parent, I am not aware that she's been on a hardtimes cause I am living abroad . And this is our final stage, a medical requirements for our permanent residency application so I can take them here. She said that she was bullied and she cant manage it, the reason why she did this just to minimize the emotional hurts shes suffering.
Any advise how to deal this. I am so worried that maybe she will failed it and make the refusal for our application.
I had similar case. My medical is passed. So just chill

Happypita

Nov 7, 2018
Hey guys,
I’m new to the forum. I am applying for Canadian study visa and yesterday I went for my medical examination. Everything went on well except for the last section where we get examined by a doctor. She noticed the scars I have in my left arm and made a note of it on my file.
The cut wounds were self inflicted but it was out of impulse nothing serious. I’m not suicidal or crazy. But I’m afraid if my report would have issues because of this.
PS: I didn’t reveal that it was self inflicted because I just happen to tell her the same reason I told everyone else who notices the scar that it was a minor accident. I’m really worried.

Hello! I am in the same situation as you, today i went to saint lukes medical for my examination and the doctor noticed my scars from long time ago. I told her that my scar was from an accident but the doctor did not believe me and she told me she will report my story as false on the medical report.
Can you give me some advice and tell me about your experience on how you passed the interview?
I am very worried and just want to do eveything i can to pass my visa interview.

Happypita

Nov 7, 2018
Don't worry. I have similar case too, cut marks on my arm. The physician took a good look at it and grilled me with heaps of questions. She asked how long ago was it? I go, 'ohhh been at least 2 decades when I was a teenager. You know, teenage craze blah blah blah.' and then she goes, what kind of material I used, did I get infected etc etc. She took long notes. It never was a concern till she took the notes. I was worried.

End result, I passed medical and got study permit approved.

Don't worry.
All the best![/QUOTE

Hello! I have a similar problem right now, i told to my doctor that i got my scar from accident but she was not convince and told me she will right a false statement on my report, can you share me your experience on the interview how did you pass? Did the consul ask you about the note? I will have my interview soon and i am nervous everyday thingking if thats gonna be a problem for me
My scar is really small and not really noticeable

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello! I am in the same situation as you, today i went to saint lukes medical for my examination and the doctor noticed my scars from long time ago. I told her that my scar was from an accident but the doctor did not believe me and she told me she will report my story as false on the medical report.
Can you give me some advice and tell me about your experience on how you passed the interview?
I am very worried and just want to do eveything i can to pass my visa interview.
The scars wouldn't have been an issue if you had told the truth. However, by lying about it, you may have created problems for yourself. Lying on anything in the application is misrepresentation. At this point, you will just need to wait and see what happens. You can request GCMS notes.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

123blr

Dec 13, 2018
Hey guys,
I’m new to the forum. I am applying for Canadian study visa and yesterday I went for my medical examination. Everything went on well except for the last section where we get examined by a doctor. She noticed the scars I have in my left arm and made a note of it on my file.
The cut wounds were self inflicted but it was out of impulse nothing serious. I’m not suicidal or crazy. But I’m afraid if my report would have issues because of this.
PS: I didn’t reveal that it was self inflicted because I just happen to tell her the same reason I told everyone else who notices the scar that it was a minor accident. I’m really worried.
Please tell me what you said exactly. What was the reason you gave

Kam10

May 9, 2019
Hi how did your visa process went? Did you pass you medical?

prhopeful666

Oct 21, 2019
Posting this here too.

I have an extremely unique case. I have self-harm scars from when I was around 15. I did my Master’s from Canada so I did go through a medical around 5 years ago. The radiologist noticed my scars when I went in for the chest x ray. He asked me what they were and I told him “teenage mistake”. He didn’t bother after that and did not report it to the physician either (I’m assuming because she didn’t ask me any questions).
Now I’m applying for my PR visa and I’m a bit nervous about them. I haven’t self-harmed in the last 12 years but I am worried about the following things:

1) Will they treat me differently this time since I’m applying for a different visa class?
2) Will they presume I’m lying because there may be no notes of this from the last medical? I’ve never been to an ER, nor have I ever seen a psychiatrist. So there’s no record of this. Some members from my family and friends know but that’s about it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Posting this here too.

I have an extremely unique case. I have self-harm scars from when I was around 15. I did my Master’s from Canada so I did go through a medical around 5 years ago. The radiologist noticed my scars when I went in for the chest x ray. He asked me what they were and I told him “teenage mistake”. He didn’t bother after that and did not report it to the physician either (I’m assuming because she didn’t ask me any questions).
Now I’m applying for my PR visa and I’m a bit nervous about them. I haven’t self-harmed in the last 12 years but I am worried about the following things:

1) Will they treat me differently this time since I’m applying for a different visa class?
2) Will they presume I’m lying because there may be no notes of this from the last medical? I’ve never been to an ER, nor have I ever seen a psychiatrist. So there’s no record of this. Some members from my family and friends know but that’s about it.
1. No.

2. No.

prhopeful666

Oct 21, 2019
Posting this here too.

Update: I showed the scars to the physician and told them this was 12 years ago. He says it’s fine. “We’re not looking for self-harm scars and they are pretty common in teenagers.”
Fingers crossed for the rest of it

Ruhaan khan

Nov 22, 2019
Bangladesh
Hey i have self harm mark's on my arm, it's been almost 4 year's , my cut's are not so deep but i cut twice for that reason some marks are on top of one another ,i am so worried i am going for my medicals soon

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey i have self harm mark's on my arm, it's been almost 4 year's , my cut's are not so deep but i cut twice for that reason some marks are on top of one another ,i am so worried i am going for my medicals soon
As already said, not an issue.