+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office experience

agits777

Jun 4, 2014
Just wanted to provide here some notes from my recent experience in Scarborough office.

I was submitting 2 applications for me and my spouse in separate (my spouse was traveling more times than me)

My application (not exact days but 90% accurate for sure ;) ):
- submitted: January 15th 2014
- Study Book sent out date: January 30th, 2014
- Processing started: February 28th, 2014
- Citizenship test invitation was scheduled: October 29th 2014 (received 2 weeks before)
- Oath of citizenship is scheduled: November 15th

Spouse:
- submitted: February 10th, 2014
- Study Book sent out date: February 25th, 2014
- Processing started: March 31st, 2014
- Citizenship test invitation was scheduled: November 7th, 2014 (received 2 weeks before)
- Oath of citizenship is scheduled: November 21st, 2014

Thus, both applications have been successfully processed for 10 months or so.

Test was easy. My spouse traveled a lot (about 5 times, each time 4-5 weeks) visiting parents mostly, however she faced no troubles or any questions from immigration officer during her interview, moreover she received Oath invitation same day she passed the test (I got mine only 1 week after the test was passed, by mail). We never received RQ either.

General perception from Scarborough office: Excellent
Hope this info could be useful for anyone.
Good luck!

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
agits777 said:
Just wanted to provide here some notes from my recent experience in Scarborough office.

I was submitting 2 applications for me and my spouse in separate (my spouse was traveling more times than me)

My application (not exact days but 90% accurate for sure ;) ):
- submitted: January 15th 2014
- Study Book sent out date: January 30th, 2014
- Processing started: February 28th, 2014
- Citizenship test invitation was scheduled: October 29th 2014 (received 2 weeks before)
- Oath of citizenship is scheduled: November 15th

Spouse:
- submitted: February 10th, 2014
- Study Book sent out date: February 25th, 2014
- Processing started: March 31st, 2014
- Citizenship test invitation was scheduled: November 7th, 2014 (received 2 weeks before)
- Oath of citizenship is scheduled: November 21st, 2014

Thus, both applications have been successfully processed for 10 months or so.

Test was easy. My spouse traveled a lot (about 5 times, each time 4-5 weeks) visiting parents mostly, however she faced no troubles or any questions from immigration officer during her interview, moreover she received Oath invitation same day she passed the test (I got mine only 1 week after the test was passed, by mail). We never received RQ either.

General perception from Scarborough office: Excellent
Hope this info could be useful for anyone.
Good luck!
Congrats Agits777. Look like your and your wife application went thorough smooth process.

agits777

Jun 4, 2014
poushi24 said:
Congrats Agits777. Look like your and your wife application went thorough smooth process.
To my surprise, extremely smooth. I was expecting to wait much more, considering some of my friends are still waiting for their test from 1 to 2 years since application submission... :(

janoo

May 16, 2014
Congratulation... some of the lucky as mine case pending since January 9 2012..

hope they can finalize the pending file as well, have heard new application are

moving fast...

agits777

Jun 4, 2014
janoo said:
Congratulation... some of the lucky as mine case pending since January 9 2012..

hope they can finalize the pending file as well, have heard new application are

moving fast...
sorry to hear that, this really sucks. however you're already close to the official timeline limit they have to process applications.
Should be good soon.
Good luck.