+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough Oath experience February 2015

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

My journey has come to an end. I took the oath this morning in Scarborough. It was a nice ceremony. Justice Wong was pleasant and talked about his Malaysian heritage, and eventual Canadian citizenship.

It was a pretty quick ceremony - the ceremony on my pink sheet stated a start time of 8:30 am (but online on Scarborough ceremonies site said 9am). We were done before 10 am. There were 94 new Canadians including myself. We were given our certificate of citizenship there, and told to wait 48 hours before applying for a passport. Note that they do not give citizenship ID cards anymore (just a large certificate with your photo now).

Best of luck to all those still waiting, and congratulations to all who have finished this journey!

Timeline:
PR: April 29, 2012
Citizenship Application: August 8, 2014
Test date: December 8, 2014 (Scarborough - was out of the country at school)
Re test date: February 6, 2015 (Scarborough)
Oath: February 26, 2015

Total: 6 months.

PS: if you have questions about my test experience and such, see posts in the August forum.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
wow yours was so quick..

how long were you out of the country for school?? and they had no problem in processing your citizenship application so fast while you were overseas?

that was lucky

anyway congrats..i guess this must be one of the best FEELINGS EVER……..the final day of getting the certificate

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks amazing21.

I was only away for a semester abroad this past fall semester (after applying for citizenship). And yes, they had no probably at all with it!

jakifamily

Mar 10, 2015
Are you more worthy?

Sorry I can't let this go. Instead of congratulating others so they can wish you well, you want to start a race issue. Canada is for everyone. Are you more entitled? More deserving than Nigeriancanadian who has her youth and qualifications and now her citizenship? Congratulations Nigeriancanadian BTW !!

I am Black British. My family has just started our citizenship process but maybe I should recall it and send it to you. Then you can justify if I belong to Canada because you know, your application is just sailing though..... just saying

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NigerianCanadian, congrats! Your appl. was processed amazingly fast, only 6 months, you didnt have wahala at all :)
Hope there will be some light at the end of tunnel for us soon. Congrats again!

wanderfall

Jan 19, 2015
jakifamily said:
Are you more worthy?

Sorry I can't let this go. Instead of congratulating others so they can wish you well, you want to start a race issue. Canada is for everyone. Are you more entitled? More deserving than Nigeriancanadian who has her youth and qualifications and now her citizenship? Congratulations Nigeriancanadian BTW !!

I am Black British. My family has just started our citizenship process but maybe I should recall it and send it to you. Then you can justify if I belong to Canada because you know, your application is just sailing though..... just saying
Let me know how much tax you pay, if it is more than 50,000, I think you are more worthy than me.
So much of my earnings are going to tax and I am not canadian.
I am not complaining I am paying too much, I am complaining that I don't have a say in the government.

If you look up Canadian stats, african background citizens pay the least taxes.
Excuse me, for contributing more tax than the majority people.

jakifamily

Mar 10, 2015
Oh boy you really are an internet warrior, behaving so brazen on your keyboard. Sorry that CIC doesn't see that your taxes push you to the front of the queue, I wonder why? Why aren't they kneeling down to worship you and your precious taxes because it seems you are the only person paying them?

I feel sorry for you. All you mention in your posts are taxes, you really need to get a life. As for your issues on race...... jealous much??

wanderfall

Jan 19, 2015
jakifamily said:
Oh boy you really are an internet warrior, behaving so brazen on your keyboard. Sorry that CIC doesn't see that your taxes push you to the front of the queue, I wonder why? Why aren't they kneeling down to worship you and your precious taxes because it seems you are the only person paying them?

I feel sorry for you. All you mention in your posts are taxes, you really need to get a life. As for your issues on race...... jealous much??
1. You probably don't pay more money than me
2. Tax is important
3. I am 1/4 black, don't play the race card. There are white people in africa too. I never mentioned a word "black". Why did you assume the op of this post is black? You are the real racist.

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
NigerianCanadian said:
Hi Guys,

My journey has come to an end. I took the oath this morning in Scarborough. It was a nice ceremony. Justice Wong was pleasant and talked about his Malaysian heritage, and eventual Canadian citizenship.

It was a pretty quick ceremony - the ceremony on my pink sheet stated a start time of 8:30 am (but online on Scarborough ceremonies site said 9am). We were done before 10 am. There were 94 new Canadians including myself. We were given our certificate of citizenship there, and told to wait 48 hours before applying for a passport. Note that they do not give citizenship ID cards anymore (just a large certificate with your photo now).

Best of luck to all those still waiting, and congratulations to all who have finished this journey!

Timeline:
PR: April 29, 2012
Citizenship Application: August 8, 2014
Test date: December 8, 2014 (Scarborough - was out of the country at school)
Re test date: February 6, 2015 (Scarborough)
Oath: February 26, 2015

Total: 6 months.

PS: if you have questions about my test experience and such, see posts in the August forum.

Congrats and the best for you in school