+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough- Jan 2018 test cleared- When to expect oath ceremony?

srivatsanvr

Oct 17, 2012
Hello all,

I have cleared my test in Jan 2018. Waiting for my oath ceremony. Would anybody let me know how many months it takes to get the oath date ?
How long before will I get the intimation letter? Which month applicants are getting the oath ceremony now ?

Im planning an emergency trip outside country. Answers to the above questions would help me to decide my itinerary.

Thank a lot !

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Hello all,

I have cleared my test in Jan 2018. Waiting for my oath ceremony. Would anybody let me know how many months it takes to get the oath date ?
How long before will I get the intimation letter? Which month applicants are getting the oath ceremony now ?

Im planning an emergency trip outside country. Answers to the above questions would help me to decide my itinerary.

Thank a lot !
For Scarbourough office they are quick at schedule test but it seems they only have part time judge so the wait for oath is longest in any office in Canada. There are people who wait for 5-6 months from decision made. Scarborough is now also taking some cases from Missisauga from earlier and is even more backlogged.

Reactions: srivatsanvr

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Hello all,

Thank a lot !
When you applied? It does not matter when you took the test. They will call For test whenever they are having open slots. But oath is coming by the time you applied.

And it depends by the office you applied for. For Scarborough, it is clearing May applicants now. May be starting with June. Myself I am a January test take also with DM and I am a July applicant. I am not expecting anything may be until end of March or early April.

kam47j

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
When you applied? It does not matter when you took the test. They will call For test whenever they are having open slots. But oath is coming by the time you applied.

And it depends by the office you applied for. For Scarborough, it is clearing May applicants now. May be starting with June. Myself I am a January test take also with DM and I am a July applicant. I am not expecting anything may be until end of March or early April.
Hey buddy,
I'm also July applicant and took my exam in first week of January, but ECAS still shows In process. I wonder if let me know when did you get DM on yours?
With Thanks,

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Hey buddy,
I'm also July applicant and took my exam in first week of January, but ECAS still shows In process. I wonder if let me know when did you get DM on yours?
With Thanks,
Hello Brother, I took the test on January 3rd and got DM on January 5th. During the interview, I asked IO regarding my background check and he said that it was completed in November 2017. My understanding is that if your BG check is complete, then they will give you DM if you pass the test. Most likely your BG check is still going on. No worries. Sometimes it takes time.

Reactions: kam47j

kam47j

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Brother, I took the test on January 3rd and got DM on January 5th. During the interview, I asked IO regarding my background check and he said that it was completed in November 2017. My understanding is that if your BG check is complete, then they will give you DM if you pass the test. Most likely your BG check is still going on. No worries. Sometimes it takes time.
Thanks my friend.

simplynew

Feb 21, 2018
Hi, I am new here, a July 2017 applicant, here are my details:
1. application received 13 Jul 2017
2. IP Aug 22 2017
3. Test date 10 Jan 2018 Scarborough
4. DM not sure when but its there
5. still waiting for oath letter :(

srivatsanvr

Oct 17, 2012
Thank you so much everyone!
I submitted my application on Aug 2017, took test on Jan 2018. Status shows decision made. waiting for oath ceremony!

srivatsanvr

Oct 17, 2012

Thank you, that is very useful !

Awebus

Star Member
Dec 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my application on Aug 2017, took test on Jan 2018. Status shows decision made. waiting for oath ceremony!
Looks like 1-2 more months to go for your case. I am June applicant and haven't got oath yet.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
I am also august applicant with DM on NOV 30 still waiting for Oath Invite,I don’t expect it until around April or May month unless we get lucky fingers crossed and goodluck.

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
We applied as a family in September 2017.
Got our citizenship test in Scarborough on January 24th, 2018. DM the following day. Been impatiently awaiting oath.
Need to travel mid March for 3 weeks.
By the look of this forum, I shouldn’t expect a letter of oath before June/July 2018...?
Also, are people getting informed by Canada Post or email?

kam47j

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello folks,
I'm July applicant, My concern is I got the test on 8th of January in Scarborough office and since the date my ECAS still showing In Process and I called them two weeks ago to ask the reason and the agent told me everything looks in progressive but the thing is it has taken so long in comparison with the others who did the exam after me in the same office and got at least DM. please let me know if you have any idea with the same status.
Thanks,

chikku101

Mar 21, 2018
Hi,
I am August applicant and I got my citizenship test at Scarborough on January 8, 2018. Still, my status shows in process and waiting for the oath. I am just wondering how long it is going to take. Anybody got any new pieces of information?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Hello folks,
I'm July applicant, My concern is I got the test on 8th of January in Scarborough office and since the date my ECAS still showing In Process and I called them two weeks ago to ask the reason and the agent told me everything looks in progressive but the thing is it has taken so long in comparison with the others who did the exam after me in the same office and got at least DM. please let me know if you have any idea with the same status.
Thanks,
there are some people who are still showing In process after completing the test. the only explanation we can think of is about any ongoing background checks. once that is done, you application will move to decision made.

Reactions: kam47j