+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough Exam Reschedule Timeline

hashjax

Jul 17, 2013
Hi Guys,

I received notice to appear for exam today for 6th Aug 2013. However, I have a vacation already booked for that long weekend and for me to cancel the vacation is loosing almost 5K and not being able to take another vacation for next 1 year. I have read through other forums and basically just as CIC ... they simply state to wait and get a second notice for exam. I would like to know if anyone else has gone through this recently (2013) and what was the timeline to receive 2nd exam notice? I contacted CIC and they said not to do anything and Scarborough office will automatically send us another notification based on their processing time which they cannot specify.

I have my PR valid till May 2014, but I would like to complete this process soon before my PR expires. I have to make a decision to cancel my vacation or wait for second notification.

Any feedback and experience shared is appreciated.

Thanks!

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
hashjax said:
Hi Guys,

I received notice to appear for exam today for 6th Aug 2013. However, I have a vacation already booked for that long weekend and for me to cancel the vacation is loosing almost 5K and not being able to take another vacation for next 1 year. I have read through other forums and basically just as CIC ... they simply state to wait and get a second notice for exam. I would like to know if anyone else has gone through this recently (2013) and what was the timeline to receive 2nd exam notice? I contacted CIC and they said not to do anything and Scarborough office will automatically send us another notification based on their processing time which they cannot specify.

I have my PR valid till May 2014, but I would like to complete this process soon before my PR expires. I have to make a decision to cancel my vacation or wait for second notification.

Thanks!
1st of all congrats on receiving your notice to write the test....Yes that is true I had heard that as well that If you miss your test automatically they send you out a new test date....but my question is how important this Citizenship is to you???I am sure you had read this on many occasion regarding RQ etc etc....Personally I have no experience of it...i took my test last week...and i did cancelled my 3 weeks summer vacations which was booked and I also decided not to take any other vacations this summer as i am waiting on my oath date....My personal suggestion to you depending on how quickly you want to get done with this process may be you should avail this date and should not delay it any further however we all have our lives plans but one just have to priorities accessing the situation.

Good Luck

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hashjax said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks!
As per OKK congrats. As per a certain Mr Eastwoood you gotta ask yourself

1. Is Canadian Citizenship worth more or less than 5k?
2. How many shots do you get at a vacation compared to a test and subsequent oath date?
3. What are your odds for influence a vacation vs a test in 2 - one is under your control the other isn't...its under a huge bureaucracy that can't even get their call centre to function properly.

Good luck whatever you decide.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
Msafiri said:
As per OKK congrats. As per a certain Mr Eastwoood you gotta ask yourself

1. Is Canadian Citizenship worth more or less than 5k?
2. How many shots do you get at a vacation compared to a test and subsequent oath date?
3. What are your odds for influence a vacation vs a test in 2 - one is under your control the other isn't...its under a huge bureaucracy that can't even get their call centre to function properly.

Good luck whatever you decide.
Agreed

vvppaa

Nov 8, 2011
hashjax said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks!

Hi,

The same situation has just happened to me.I am wondering what did you do.If you have rescheduled have you got the new date by now?

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same just happened to me. I got the test invite one week ago, and was supposed to write the test today, but I couldn't due to school final exams.

I sent a letter with proof of my exam schedule to the Scarboroughoffice, and asked for a January test date politely. I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Anyone hear back from Scarborough office regarding rescheduling?

vvppaa

Nov 8, 2011
NigerianCanadian said:
Same just happened to me. I got the test invite one week ago, and was supposed to write the test today, but I couldn't due to school final exams.

I sent a letter with proof of my exam schedule to the Scarboroughoffice, and asked for a January test date politely. I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Anyone hear back from Scarborough office regarding rescheduling?
I am going on vacation when they scheduled the test for me. I do not know whether vacation is the acceptable reason to reschule or not. Should be have the acceptable reason to reschule?

I called CIC and they just told me that if I do not appear at test date, the date will be scheduled automatically, and no need to do anything? Is that trie or I should write a letter to scarbrough office?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.